Libya 2011 Demonstrations (4 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Hopefully they did. One of the most blood dirty hands in the Gaddafi regime.

That said, I think if tgey have indeed captured him, he's a dead man. Not pending a trial that is.

Sent from my Atrix 4g using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think tempers are cooler now, so the rash treatment Gedaffi and his son Mutassim got will probably not happen again. Even if it is Abdullah Senussi.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Dude, just a day ago one of the rebels who captured Saif Al Islam came out saying that he personally cut the three fingured from the hand "he threatened the rebels with". Despite of what saif sqid about the injury being froma NATO strike.

The rebels are miles away from being calm. Especially now that every tribe seemscto be looking to prove its own loyalty and sacrifices for the revolution.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If i can just find the article for you, there was an article 3-4 weeks ago that saif lost his hand in a Nato airstrike in Bani Waleed. The news is actually old, turns out he lost his fingers not his whole hand though. But the news is pretty old, i knew about it before Saif came and admitted he lost his fingers to a NATO air raid.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
If i can just find the article for you, there was an article 3-4 weeks ago that saif lost his hand in a Nato airstrike in Bani Waleed. The news is actually old, turns out he lost his fingers not his whole hand though. But the news is pretty old, i knew about it before Saif came and admitted he lost his fingers to a NATO air raid.
I know about the Reuters interview, but thats not the point.

Why would some of the rebels who captured him come out saying that? For its either them bragging about what they did or simply trying to prove their undoubted loyalty and heroism by lying in doing such an act.

Both aren't looking good for the rebels.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
it's strange how the western media were bombing me with information on how cruel gadaffi was (not deying it) and how we need to remove him. now that he's gone, i haven't heard 1 minute of coverage in the danish media for two months.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
it's strange how the western media were bombing me with information on how cruel gadaffi was (not deying it) and how we need to remove him. now that he's gone, i haven't heard 1 minute of coverage in the danish media for two months.
Yes, because it's not news now is it? You hardly hear news about Hitler or Stalin any longer either. Like both of them, he is now stuff for the History Channel to handle.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
you missed the point by more than i thought was doable. my point is that the media were bombarding me with news when they needed him gone, now that he is gone there isn't a single minute of coverage about Libya, the rebuilding, the tensions. where it's all heading, who's taking the power. blissful ignorance that we "fixed" something.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Can't see how it's strange. Majority don't care about everyday life in Libya or anywhere else for that matter and anyone who does care can get news from internet.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
you missed the point by more than i thought was doable. my point is that the media were bombarding me with news when they needed him gone, now that he is gone there isn't a single minute of coverage about Libya, the rebuilding, the tensions. where it's all heading, who's taking the power. blissful ignorance that we "fixed" something.
Well I am hardly missing your point because I disagree with it. No news channel can maintain indefinite global news coverage on all fronts. Even the BBC has its limitations for example, let alone a Danish News channel. This is down to two things; firstly maintaining intense news coverage on an area costs money and resources - so it is done only during certain flashpoints (during the conflict in Libya, during the current conflict in Syria, during the Siege itself of Sarajevo itself, etc) Secondly the front page can only handle so much news - there is little space for for constant live coverage of Libya, Syria, Korea, Haiti, Balkans, US Elections, EU Crises, Russian complaining on Missile Shields, Russian internal politics, Burma elections, what causes Cancer, Sexism, Nazism, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Anniversaries, African conflict, Chaves Cancer therapy, Sports scores, Arab-Israeli squabbling and whatever else my mind has not room for. Most news channel when dealing with foreign news cover only certain flashpoints. Beyond those flashpoints, it would hardly be surprising that news on that certain area takes the back seat. It is down to we have better areas to cover rather than blissful ignorance. In any case no person in his right mind would rely on one news channel for international news.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lol at those pictures, Libyans and their insane love for Italian football :sergio:

Various polls have shown that Juventus is(or at least was, because this was years ago) that Juve is the most supported club in Libya. Though Italian football in general is extremely popular there. Part of the reason why i don't like the Italian NT, because regardless of which Italian club they support they all agree on supporting the NT :yuck:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
i was just giving my criticism of danish news coverage, thats it. im not calling for intense media coverage, but im not satsfied with the media blackout, either. im up to date regarding whats happening, i was just voicing my lack of satisfaction with the utter ignoring of the situation at the moment. why is that so hard for you to grasp? its a problem because the process in libya now is far more relevant than the inevitable demise of gedaffi. much more relevant to libyans and to regional stability.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Can't see how it's strange. Majority don't care about everyday life in Libya or anywhere else for that matter and anyone who does care can get news from internet.
the situation in libya at the moment can hardly be labelled 'every day life' yet. its a general critique of mainstream media because of their selective coverage of a process in libya which is nowhere near the end. putting the people in a state.of blissfull ignorance because the last mainstream media pictures we got here were the rebels celebrating victory abd gedaffia corpse. i hope i made my point clear, since we both know that far from the.majority of people get the news that interest them through active pursuit on the internet. theyre fed through the 24 hour news channels.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
i was just giving my criticism of danish news coverage, thats it. im not calling for intense media coverage, but im not satsfied with the media blackout, either. im up to date regarding whats happening, i was just voicing my lack of satisfaction with the utter ignoring of the situation at the moment. why is that so hard for you to grasp? its a problem because the process in libya now is far more relevant than the inevitable demise of gedaffi. much more relevant to libyans and to regional stability.

Indeed, your criticism is valid. Yet maybe unfair. There are other news outlets you can follow that have since followed the Libyan situation. The BBC is one of them for example, which lately covered topics such as the post-war tribal clashes, recovery, state of Gaddafi's sons, NATO's conduct during the conflict and so on. In the end the key to following the news properly is to follow multiple sources, both for the sake of having more news and allowing you to be more objective about it all considering that certain news is inevitably subjective in nature.

delrey

Jan 5, 2009
No need for more coverage. They succesed, they kill him, by they i think the media
He die like a martyr

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
lol, he died begging for his life, you wouldn't know that because you don't understand Arabic, and Serbian media outlets probably don't tell you about that, but he was begging for his life, the man who so easily killed thousands of Libyans in the most ugly ways, was begging for his life in the end, while he was being slapped, humiliated in so many ways, and in the end shot like a dog in the middle of the desert. Poetic justice at its best.

You want to call him a martyr go ahead, but fact of the matter is there is a huge difference between the way he died, and the way someone like Saddam died(with his head held up high). The latter's end was a courageous one, Gedaffi died like the dog that he is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)