Libya 2011 Demonstrations (7 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They probably would do that if the actually held 'control' of Tripoli, they can't control it until they've fortified their positions which will take weeks. Quick victories usually lead to as many problems as long drawn out ones.
You're right. But they were lenient in the Mohd case, i mean they were in front of his house for 3 hours. But Mustafa Abdel Jalil asked them to keep him under house arrest since he didn't want to surrender himself. Now that is something you don't do when you don't have complete control of the city, do you not agree?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I do, but I doubt it's that straight forward.

Wouldn't be the first time the Rebels have embellished their military status.

He lives in a villa, he had 3 bodyguards only. If they came in with 30 fighters or something, they would have got him in a couple of hours. Just staying around his house and putting him under house arrest is very naive, especially when there are still Gedaffi loyalist fighters out there, that found out about his situation as soon as he came out on Al Jazeera.

As for your second statement, thats true. But i guess thats what you get when most of your fighters were civilians before the conflict started.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not in that villa he didn't. It was a completely stupid and naive move by the rebels, and they have to understand that this only gives higher morale to the few left in Tripoli still fighting with Gedaffi.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't necessarily agree or disagree, but you do know that the video was recorded in front of the Rixos hotel which is still completely under control by Gedaffi forces?
his demeanor, him practically strolling down the main arteries of the city with no bulletproof vest while his bodyguards wear one. I dont know myabe i am wrong but to me he seems pretty fearless

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Anyone watching Sky News by any chance? Their War correspondent is interviewing one of the Rebels who managed to make his way into Gaddafi's room and steal a gold-plated cane and one of his Military hats, looks gangsta! :lol:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,611
    The idiot has been defeated obviously...

The battle for Bab el Aziziya has started. This is going to be the toughest battle in Tripoli. Bab el Aziziya is where the presidential compound is located. It is protected by three layers of "Kharasan Mosala7"(Rebel, can you translate this?). It is also surrounded by tanks and snipers that are now protecting the compound. There is a big possibility that Gedaffi and his sons are in it.
    :D

Isn't it concrete? Anyway, it appeared that there was nothing left after these concrete walls.

Congrats again, Fred. I wish Libya would be a benchmark for other countries in the region.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    his demeanor, him practically strolling down the main arteries of the city with no bulletproof vest while his bodyguards wear one. I dont know myabe i am wrong but to me he seems pretty fearless
    Your not necessarily wrong, he is a lot more brave than his father thats for sure. He comes out in public while his Father is under the ground like a sewer rat. But yesterday he did not patrol the streets of Tripoli, the pictures were in the yard of Rixos hotel, which was under the control of Gedaffi forces. Though, i don't really consider that to be wrong, i mean it would have been suicidal for him to just go to the streets, people would eat him alive. He did say he would patrol the streets, but i doubt it, they stopped taping while they were in front of the hotel.

Anyone watching Sky News by any chance? Their War correspondent is interviewing one of the Rebels who managed to make his way into Gaddafi's room and steal a gold-plated cane and one of his Military hats, looks gangsta! :lol:
    That was funny as hell :lol:

The idiot has been defeated obviously...

Isn't it concrete? Anyway, it appeared that there was nothing left after these concrete walls.

Congrats again, Fred. I wish Libya would be a benchmark for other countries in the region.
    :tup:

Amazing, some classic Libyan English too :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Who remembers the little cart Gedaffi came out with, in his first TV appearance after the start of the revolution. You know the one he was holding an umbrella in

Here it is :lol:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,617
    From a demonstration at Hamah city in Syria, they wrote on the ground: "Congrats, Libya!" using candles...

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,618
    Signature adjusted finally...

This song is nice at this occasion. Of course, forget about the stupid clip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)