Libya 2011 Demonstrations (76 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
basically you're a defeated individual, no more lofty dreams, though i dont really remember ever having any besides making it a lot of money lol
i'm fast approaching the point that i will have to face the very real possibility that i will not be playing for juve

money is all you dream of? you are an empty shell

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
These are new for me. Thanks :tup:
No problem mate. Just to clarify my position on al Jazeera, i don't want to sound like i'm questioning their credibility. I just think most non Libyans know very little about Libya, mostly because of Gedaffi, there has been a media blackout in Libya throughout Gedaffi's rule. Most people never knew about the Abu Slim massacre, the Bab el Aziziya battle of 1984, the public and live broadcasting of hangings in universities in the 80's, 70's and finally criminal figures such as Khamis Gedaffi, Abdulla Senussi, Musa Kusa and co.

Back to Libya news:

Nato just stopped a Scud Missile that was shot from Sirte to the direction of Tripoli.

Many deaths in Sebha, as Gedaffi forces led by his tribesman and long time Sebha mayor Mas3ud Abdel-Hafith entered the city of Sebha with tanks and grad missiles. For hours the city was being shelled by Abdel-Hafith's forces.

The same happened in cities of Zwara, Ghdamis and Wadan.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,569
    No problem mate. Just to clarify my position on al Jazeera, i don't want to sound like i'm questioning their credibility. I just think most non Libyans know very little about Libya, mostly because of Gedaffi, there has been a media blackout in Libya throughout Gedaffi's rule. Most people never knew about the Abu Slim massacre, the Bab el Aziziya battle of 1984, the public and live broadcasting of hangings in universities in the 80's, 70's and finally criminal figures such as Khamis Gedaffi, Abdulla Senussi, Musa Kusa and co.

Back to Libya news:

Nato just stopped a Scud Missile that was shot from Sirte to the direction of Tripoli.

Many deaths in Sebha, as Gedaffi forces led by his tribesman and long time Sebha mayor Mas3ud Abdel-Hafith entered the city of Sebha with tanks and grad missiles. For hours the city was being shelled by Abdel-Hafith's forces.

The same happened in cities of Zwara, Ghdamis and Wadan.
    Too sad. So, the cities in the middle are suffering right now.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Too sad. So, the cities in the middle are suffering right now.
    Indeed it is. I called my family in Sebha a couple of hours ago, they said that the shelling stopped, but there are mercenaries everywhere. I think it is important that Bab el Aziziya falls, and Gedaffi is caught to stop the killing.
    How do you pronounce this character that is shown as '3' in internet latin alphabet?
    There are Arabic letters and sounds that have no alternative substitutes in the latin alphabet, so internet users use numbers like 2,3,5,7 and 9 :p

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,575
    Sky News: Pro-Gaddafi forces have fired three Scud-type missiles from the Libyan dictator's stronghold of Sirte towards the rebel-held coastal city of Misrata.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I can't believe this, i don't know what to believe anymore. Usually i don't believe news very easily, i'm a skeptic by nature. But Mustafa Abdel Jalil and a spokesperson for the ICC both confirmed that Seif was detained. I mean seriously, there can't be any more confirmation than that. I'm waiting for the NTC's position, but personally for me, they have lost so much credibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)