Libya 2011 Demonstrations (7 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It is actually Sadig Shewhdi and not Hamed Shwehdi. This guy is Hambon's uncle i think, if not his uncle, he's a close relative. They are from the same family.

What did Wikileaks get on him this week?

US & UK were sponsoring his prisons?
They were sending the Libyan regime prisoners. Libyans in Pakistan or Afghanistan were caught by the Americans and sent to Libya for interrogation and of course torturing. The British government in recent times(under Blair) was giving the Libyan regime info on activities of Libyan opposition members. Gedaffi ever since 2003 actually had good relations with both the US and Britain, there was a lot of intelligence sharing between them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
http://uk.reuters.com/video/2011/09...ddafi-f?videoId=220540634&videoChannel=117763

Badass footage of the rebels capturing one of Gedaffi's top military men, this man was responsible for Libya's nuclear weapon plans and he made millions from that, He was also one of Gedaffi's military commanders and was responsible for the death of civilians. They're falling like dominoes now, one after the other, soon it will be Gedaffi and his sons.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14783071

Abdel-Hakim Belhaj, rebel's military commander in Tripoli wants an apology from MI6 and CIA, for the way he was treated by them and sent to Abu Slim for more torture in Libya. Video also shows the relationship between Musa Kusa and Britain, despite the fact that Britain expelled Kusa from its land due to him admitting that he was responsible for assassination of Libyan opposition figures in British land.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Negotiations are still ongoing for one of the few towns left under Gedaffi control, Bani Walid. There is a big possibility that Saadi is there, and a smaller possibility that Saif and maybe even their father is there. Negotiations have reached a stalemate, but the rebels are still trying to take the city without blood shed. If not, they might enter the city by force either today or in the coming days.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
What level of military grade is seen to be 're-intigratable' by the NTC and Libyan People Fred? Surely regular soldiers will be forgiven, at least those not directly implicable in crimes?

Of course you have to keep in mind that Libya is perhaps decades from prosperity and political stability.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yo Fred you should go back to Libya and claim a position in the new government :D
Meh, politics isn't for me. It's too corrupt. I'm a moral high horse kinda guy that prefers to criticize from afar :D

But i will surely go back, maybe open a business or something. There will be a lot of opportunities there. Lots of money that was just sitting there in Gedaffi and his family's bank accounts. Do you know that there are over 200Bn $ of frozen assets outside Libya? :shocked:

Do you think this scenario could be true Fred/Rebel.

Ya, makes sense to me. The Algerian government acted all humanitarian with Aisha Gedaffi, but when there were injured people from Ghdames the city on the border with Algeria, they refused to let them in.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Meh, politics isn't for me. It's too corrupt. I'm a moral high horse kinda guy that prefers to criticize from afar :D

But i will surely go back, maybe open a business or something. There will be a lot of opportunities there. Lots of money that was just sitting there in Gedaffi and his family's bank accounts. Do you know that there are over 200Bn $ of frozen assets outside Libya? :shocked:
Absolutely, your country could use young, educated and bright people like yourself to get the country back on its feet.

Jul 2, 2006
Turkish cook recounts torture, stabbing at Gaddafi son's home

07 September 2011, Wednesday / TODAYSZAMAN.COM,

A Turkish man who worked as a cook in the home of Hannibal Gaddafi, the son of ousted Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, has said he was subjected to torture, in particular at the hands of Aline Skaf, Hannibal Gaddafi's wife, who he says stabbed him.

Adnan Tam (54), who is now waiting at the Turkish Embassy in Tripoli to return home after fleeing his employer's house, told the Anatolia news agency that he left for Libya from the Samandağı district of Hatay nearly one year ago. He said although he was told he would work in the home of a businessman he realized that he would be working for Gaddafi when he arrived in Tripoli. Tam said the treatment he received changed in February after Turkey explicitly sided with the Libyan rebels who rose up against the Gaddafi regime.

“Many people from Sudan, Mali, Syria, Ethiopia, Egypt and Algeria were working in the home of Hannibal Gaddafi. The situation was also good for me in the beginning. The maltreatment and torture began after Turkey sent a ship for the wounded rebels in Misrata. They hated me. They humiliated me by calling me 'the traitor Turk.' Not a day passed without torture, humiliation and insults. I was beaten by Hannibal and his men many times. His wife Aline was neurotic. She stabbed me in my arm and back. She was the one who most frequently tortured me,” he said.

Tam said it was very difficult to escape from the home as Gaddafi's men were everywhere. “Even if I had managed to escape, they would have immediately found me since Tripoli was still under the control of the Gaddafi regime then,” Tam said.

The Turkish citizen also said he witnessed Skaf pour boiling hot water over the head of Shweyga Mullah, the nanny to Gaddafi's children, after she refused to beat her daughter. “Other staff was also exposed to maltreatment. We were in the same home as Shweyga Mullah. I saw Aline pour boiling water over her head. They locked her up in the washroom. They killed other foreign staff to prevent them from speaking up,” Tam added.

Mullah (30) was recently found alone in a room at an abandoned seaside resort in western Tripoli that belonged to the Libyan dictator's son. The Ethiopian immigrant said she came to Libya one year ago to work as a nanny to Gaddafi's young daughter and son. Her head and body were covered in large weeping scabs, evidence of the cruel punishment allegedly inflicted by Skaf.

Asked how he escaped from the house, Tam said Gaddafi and his wife left on Aug. 21 after rebels entered Tripoli. “Then I escaped from the window of the washroom. I took refuge in a mosque as our embassy was closed then. The imam of the mosque hid me for a week. He was very kind to me. He gave me food and water. Then, I stayed at a Turkish restaurant. I saw on TV that our embassy was going to be re-opened. I took refuge at the embassy when it was re-opened. If I had not escaped, they would also have killed me to prevent me from speaking up,” he said.

Tam said Turkey's newly appointed Ambassador Ali Kemal Aydın is now personally working to enable his return to Turkey. He says he is trying to prepare the documents necessary for his return as the Gaddafi family seized his passport and he has also requested financial assistance from the Turkish government.

“I have no money since I did not receive my salary for months. The expenses for my return will be met by our embassy. I am sorry that I am returning to my family in this situation. I am mentally beat. I cannot sleep. I want my country to pursue my rights. I also requested help from our president and prime minister for my treatment,” he says. Tam added that he expects assistance from the Turkish government in his legal case against the Gaddafi family.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The list of their crimes just does not end. Did you see the nanny that had boiling water spilled on her head? Really disturbing, yet despite that Hannibal is now in Algeria, where the Algerian authorities took him in and his tramp of a wife, claiming they were not responsible for anything that happened in Libya.

I hope he gets back safe to Turkey. Turkey is doing a lot to help in Libya, Turkish airlines will be one of the first airlines to resume trips to Tripoli airport, not to mention Turkey's help in getting frozen assets back to Libya, also the Turkish embassy in Tripoli was one of the first embassies to open after the ousting of the regime.

Turkey should help in lobbying against Algeria to let us have Hannibal, Aisha and Mohamed so they'll face justice for their crimes and corruption in Libya.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
A refrigerator was discovered from back in 1979 containing 17 bodies of political dissidents who were murdered by Gaddafi, including the Shiite sheikh Musa al-Sadr. DNA analysis is currently taking place to learn more about their identities. The bodies are negatively affected due to poor preservation.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The deadline for negotiation with Sirte and Bani Waleed has finished. Negotiations didn't make any difference, because the representatives of both cities that came to negotiate really didn't have much control over their respective cities. Representatives of both cities agreed that the best solution was to disarm and surrender to the rebel authorities, but Gedaffi forces in both cities refused to surrender their weapons and decided they were going to stay and fight instead. So rebels entered both cities, and now both cities are witnessing fierce battles.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I just heard the weirdest, creepiest rumor about Hana Gedaffi, Gedaffi's adopted Palestinian daughter that allegedly died in a US air strike in the late 80's. It was already established that she didn't actually die in the airstrike, and that she was a doctor in a hospital in Tripoli. But now some more interesting facts(Maybe they're just rumors) have emerged. I'll post the news if it does turn out to be true, lets just say, Hana isn't really Gedaffi's adopted daughter if the rumor is true.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,798
    I just heard the weirdest, creepiest rumor about Hana Gedaffi, Gedaffi's adopted Palestinian daughter that allegedly died in a US air strike in the late 80's. It was already established that she didn't actually die in the airstrike, and that she was a doctor in a hospital in Tripoli. But now some more interesting facts(Maybe they're just rumors) have emerged. I'll post the news if it does turn out to be true, lets just say, Hana isn't really Gedaffi's adopted daughter if the rumor is true.
    I saw before few days a report on Alaan Tv channel from inside her office in Tripoli hospital.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Yup, my dad always used to tell me that theres no way she died long before the revolution. But i just thought he said that because he never believes anything our old regime said. Turns out he was right, she's not dead, and apparently that was common knowledge in Tripoli. But you're going to hear something even worst if i can get confirmation of what i heard :D Another hint, she's not really Palestinian at all. She's 100% Libyan :D

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,800
    Yup, my dad always used to tell me that theres no way she died long before the revolution. But i just thought he said that because he never believes anything our old regime said. Turns out he was right, she's not dead, and apparently that was common knowledge in Tripoli. But you're going to hear something even worst if i can get confirmation of what i heard :D Another hint, she's not really Palestinian at all. She's 100% Libyan :D
    I did not hear she is Palestinian before. What rumours do you have about her?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)