Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Diego Costa is very sly ,tricky and powerful. Dont let his age fool you.

He would be able to beat Bonucci 4 out of 5 times if given the chance of 1v1
Someone confined to a wheelchair would be able to beat bonucci to a 1 vs 1. He's a fraud. Before we signed this snake back I was looking forward to Ronaldo going 1 vs 1 against bonucci

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah hes having a dreadful time atm but Im not writting him off yet. One game can change so much, maybe he can amaze us with some CL performance in later stages. ;) That being sad, I had a feeling if today we had imovable object instead of Bonucci positioned infront of Zapata for the 1st goal, it would have been a bigger chance Duvan would run against it or trip himself. That challenge was outright embarrasing, just a half-assed effort.
I always support players to a point and defended him a lot over the years when he was being harshly criticised, but I won't blindly do it. You can see mistakes in almost every game now. The excuse of being in an unfamiliar team doesn't exist, we're also nearly half a season in. He's just lost tenacity, and for a player like him who has low natural talent and technique as a defender in duels it's costing him and us. He's a central defender with a vertical leap of 5cm, and how tight he got to Zapata today was just amateurish stuff. I put up with it for 5, 8, 10 games. Seen enough now. Needs to buck up or he costs us when it truly counts.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't like criticising our own players but fuck, id be more comfortable with Dario Dainelli at the back, just not good enough, an out of form Diego Costa is going to fucken finger him infront of millions of people live on tv
I don't remember knezevic being this bad either

- - - Updated - - -

Another great move by marotta :tup:

God I hope paratici signs De Ligt and fast

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I always support players to a point and defended him a lot over the years when he was being harshly criticised, but I won't blindly do it. You can see mistakes in almost every game now. The excuse of being in an unfamiliar team doesn't exist, we're also nearly half a season in. He's just lost tenacity, and for a player like him who has low natural talent and technique as a defender in duels it's costing him and us. He's a central defender with a vertical leap of 5cm, and how tight he got to Zapata today was just amateurish stuff. I put up with it for 5, 8, 10 games. Seen enough now. Needs to buck up or he costs us when it truly counts.
Have you noticed on one occasion he barely won a header in duel with Gomez, the shortest guy on the pitch? I chuckled a bit.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If you think we can win the CL with this guy, you're crazy. It's not possible.

Zapata didn't even bother to show for the ball when it was on Chiellini's side. The most hilarious singling out of a defender I've ever seen. Atalanta is playing with a lone striker and he refuses to move from Bonucci's area. Bonucci should be embarrassed.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Have you noticed on one occasion he barely won a header in duel with Gimenez, the shortest guy on the pitch? I chuckled a bit.
Well yeah he just has really poor spring and timing. The only time I've seen the guy jump in the last two seasons was that fucking header he scored past us - i.e. when he really wanted it to prove some kind of point. Now he has to prove he can still actually play in a team of this level. We are so far away from the Milan side he played in that I genuinely think he has forgotten the level required to play in what is an elite team. When you consider that Benatia and Rugani are struggling to get a minute it's concerning.

As Mike says, in the CL he'll be exposed two different ways against an above average opponent. They can put the ball in the air in and around him, and anything good will be a goal chance. You can't NOT conceded from that in 180 minutes. Or they'll isolate him with a direct opponent or direct running around him. He can only defend the area directly in front of him at ground level, it's a very small area in a competition where defenders are often more isolated in what is typically a more open game with progressive opponents than you will see in Serie A.

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
Please Leo. We need you so much. We are so weak in midfield, we have Matuidi who has feet of stone and looks like he sniffs his left armpit everytime he makes a pass. We need you to win the CL. You must perform better. I love this team, but watch what Spurs did with Chiellini, they let him have miles of free space to run the ball up and just give it away. We cannot win the CL without Leo Bonucci, but we also can’t even gt out of the round of 16 with Leo Bonucci playing like this.
We can afford to have one incompetent offensive MF if Leo is playing up to par, but are fooked if he plays like this.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Please Leo. We need you so much. We are so weak in midfield, we have Matuidi who has feet of stone and looks like he sniffs his left armpit everytime he makes a pass. We need you to win the CL. You must perform better. I love this team, but watch what Spurs did with Chiellini, they let him have miles of free space to run the ball up and just give it away. We cannot win the CL without Leo Bonucci, but we also can’t even gt out of the round of 16 with Leo Bonucci playing like this.
We can afford to have one incompetent offensive MF if Leo is playing up to par, but are fooked if he plays like this.

I dont expect a miracle happening in the coming half season. What you see is what it is. He is simply not a good defender, and even on his best day, he can get exposed horridbly.

He is past his prime, and the sad thing is that his supposed prime was in a period he had 2 world class defenders at each side of him and the best goalkepper of all times behind him.

He is a fraud and we need to do better.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
If you think we can win the CL with this guy, you're crazy. It's not possible.

Zapata didn't even bother to show for the ball when it was on Chiellini's side. The most hilarious singling out of a defender I've ever seen. Atalanta is playing with a lone striker and he refuses to move from Bonucci's area. Bonucci should be embarrassed.
I didn’t notice that, but it’s really embarrassing if it’s true. It’s a like a mixed doubles match in tennis where one team targets the female player all the time.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Well yeah he just has really poor spring and timing. The only time I've seen the guy jump in the last two seasons was that fucking header he scored past us - i.e. when he really wanted it to prove some kind of point. Now he has to prove he can still actually play in a team of this level. We are so far away from the Milan side he played in that I genuinely think he has forgotten the level required to play in what is an elite team. When you consider that Benatia and Rugani are struggling to get a minute it's concerning.

As Mike says, in the CL he'll be exposed two different ways against an above average opponent. They can put the ball in the air in and around him, and anything good will be a goal chance. You can't NOT conceded from that in 180 minutes. Or they'll isolate him with a direct opponent or direct running around him. He can only defend the area directly in front of him at ground level, it's a very small area in a competition where defenders are often more isolated in what is typically a more open game with progressive opponents than you will see in Serie A.
Im not defending him at all and most of his shortcomings were evident before. He was never an exceptional defender, but his passing skill proved to be useful on occasion and he did fairly well paired with Chiellini and/or Barzagli This season though, he has done more harm than good so there goes his only advantage. He is even messing up simple passes. Bonucci is a sweeper, he could do well (most of the time), paired with someone as physical as Chiellini, that doesnt hesitate to put in a challenge, that glues himself all over opposition and Bonucci's task consequently becomes easier. Midfield as well needs to allow as little as possible, but there is another problem because our midfield is far cry from what we had between 2012-2016 with prime Vidal, Marchisio, etc... every through ball becomes a danger, nevermind Bonucci.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
And i was banned from this thread because I was against him when signed him back. I see no one is defending him anymore. He’s always been a bad defender. At best he’s been average, I cant forget Ronaldo goal in Cardiff ball passed by his skinny legs and he stood still. Im hoping Allegri benches his ass and gives more minutes to Benatia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)