Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci says having Cristiano Ronaldo means “if we play Real Madrid we don’t start 1-0 down…”

The defender has rejoined the Bianconeri after a year at Milan, and he was asked at his presentation if he is re-joining a stronger team.

“The important thing is for Juventus to win, with performances and victories everything is in order,” Bonucci said.

“I was captain of Milan because the club wanted a new signing for the start of a project, and we know how that went…

“All that counts now is giving everything for Juventus, because this is my home.

“The objective is to get back to Madrid [the Champions League final is at the Wanda Metropolitano], to be competitive in every game and to play for the Champions League, the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia.

“When you wear the Juventus shirt the objectives are clear from the start.

“Are we stronger with Ronaldo? Going by previous years, with Ronaldo on our side at least if we play Real Madrid we don’t start 1-0 down!

“Training with Ronaldo is a motivation for everyone, he doesn’t slack on anything, he’s always focused and and he allows us to raise the level for Juventus and the squad we have.

“I’m pleased to be back and enthusiastic about starting this new path with the goal of improving on the pitch, because I’ll be training with the best players.

“The time I spent away gave me something on a human level, but it took something away from me in terms of victories.”

Bonucci was then asked to reflect on his time at Milan, having joined to, in his own words, “shift the balance” in Serie A.

“I was lucky enough to come in contact with [Coach Gennaro] Gattuso who is a great person and raised Milan’s level. I return after a year having learned a lot on a human level.

“I’ve been lucky enough to raise and strengthen the bond with my children, my family who stayed here in Turin.

“I feel like a better human being, ready to give the best to Juventus.

“As for the Milan project, I saw it up-close but we tried to isolate ourselves. I look forward: I am very willing and determined to start this season with Juventus.”

The centre-back was then quizzed about when he knew the Chinese project wasn’t what had been sold to him.

“It didn’t come right away and there wasn’t a precise moment. I’m a professional, I fought for the Milan shirt as best I could.

“After that you make some reflections, and being someone who wants to win and improve the best solution was Juventus. Fortunately, my agent is a great agent and here we are.

“My social media hashtags? If it were up to me they’d be back tomorrow, I’ve been a Juventino since I was born. I hope to put them up very soon, because it means we’re back to being a family.”

The image of Bonucci sitting on a stool in the stands against Porto was seen as symbolic of his deteriorating relationship with Juve Coach Max Allegri before he left…

“Let’s clear this up, I had a seat but I get very nervous during games. I was in the middle of a row of 10 people, I moved, then I sat down and the person whose seat it was came back.

“So I moved and sat on a stool, which I was on for about five minutes, but that stool was my downfall!”

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
“Let’s clear this up, I had a seat but I get very nervous during games. I was in the middle of a row of 10 people, I moved, then I sat down and the person whose seat it was came back.

“So I moved and sat on a stool, which I was on for about five minutes, but that stool was my downfall!”
Truth or BS?

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Apologizing for the fans will make him bigger in their eyes, we will love you more but still their is a devil playing around. Any way if he will fail , it will be very hard on him and Marotta . We will wait for his mistakes ...

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
If you don't like someone, everything that they do is wrong.
That's where you wrong. Almost every Juve fan, including me adored Leo. Why? Because he was so passionate about the club, the colours, always sending messege he is true Juventino. All that was gone when it turned out he will be "hungrier then ever" for every club that makes him feel important.

I don't get it, when Bonucci spent time on Curva while being suspended we could (I did) be happy how close he is to the club but I MUST forget about time he completly turned back on the fans?

And I watched enitre thing, I didn't read any bs into it.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
The guy has said everything, even said how he's a Juventino from birth, but to me not a single apology was given. How hard it is to slip "I'm sorry" into your press conference to please some fans "you want to respect". I guess it's hard for a player with a massive ego.

Of course it's up to you if you want to count his words today as an apology.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It's really unfortunate to see such a disrespectful behavior being so blatantly awarded.
Obviously Bonucci's agend is in bed with Marotta and there was a significant personal profit on their accounts.
I know things work that way, but there should be a limit as how far can such a thing goes.
Esp if it has a significant impact on the team.
Juventus, as a club, shouldn't be anyone's bitch, because of an agent, we should accept a player to do as he wishes with us, to treat us like a whore, what a disgrace...

Bonucci's who told him that he is greater than Juve, that's why he put an I, on every post match interview, of any of our win. Never took responsability for defeats.
He though he was everything, he thought he could demand when and where he could be sold. He thought that his presence alone will swift the balance.
And when that didn't worked and realized that Juventus didn't win because of him, yet he won because of Juventus, he thought that he would knock and we would crawl back and so we did...

Of course, after watching everyone at Juventus mngnt bending over and take it all unlubbed, why would Bonucci feel obligated to ask sorry from us? We are his bitches, aren't we? Well not me, never!

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
That's where you wrong. Almost every Juve fan, including me adored Leo. Why? Because he was so passionate about the club, the colours, always sending messege he is true Juventino. All that was gone when it turned out he will be "hungrier then ever" for every club that makes him feel important.

I don't get it, when Bonucci spent time on Curva while being suspended we could (I did) be happy how close he is to the club but I MUST forget about time he completly turned back on the fans?

And I watched enitre thing, I didn't read any bs into it.
So you're saying you don't like him now, as I said :p

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
That was not an apology, as always with Bonucci, that was a show of arrogance.
He is too important, to be denied a return, he is too important to ask sorry from the fans.
He is too important to respect our coaches plans.
He is too important not to sacrifice Caldara for half his price.
He is too sure of him self, that he will be given a chance and that he will make a difference and in the end of the day, he believes that we are completely insignificant, we only exist to cheer competition him and pay his salary...

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
You just can't resist to love this piece of shit after this celebrating.
Today's press conference and all that explanations helps a lot to adore him.
A true jewel player.
And all his "explanations" about his celebrating against us are "accepted "in full.
Welcome back "captain:.We will "cheer" for you.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Lol @ the people who say they saw an appology today. He was asked out right to say sorry and he didnt. Said that he doesnt feel thr need to since it is all in the past and that he will do his talking on thr pitch. If there is one thing i didnt see today is an appologise. Regret, yes, a great deal of that, unless he is a great actor and manipulator, but an appology? No.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Lol @ the people who say they saw an appology today. He was asked out right to say sorry and he didnt. Said that he doesnt feel thr need to since it is all in the past and that he will do his talking on thr pitch. If there is one thing i didnt see today is an appologise. Regret, yes, a great deal of that, unless he is a great actor and manipulator, but an appology? No.
Props to him.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
/\ indeed, he treats Juve and her fans, like a bitch that after hitting and raping her, accepts money for having yet another go with her...

Joke of the year.

“I’ve been a Juventino since I was born.”
That was the closest thing to an apology, but this blatant lie is nothing more than a taunt, so provocative, so false, so malefic...

His apology was that he is nothing without Juventus and he can only win with her and that's why he is back.
If he actually believes that and it does sounds honest, i m fine with that.
But respecting that, he should stop his characteristic super egoistical behavior of jumping first to take credit in every post match interview

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
the guy said he will talk on the pitch and that he regrets everything.play like a world class defender and everything will be fine.
at the end of the day, his performance on the pitch is all that it maters to our club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)