Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Buffon will play another 3-4 years, will Chiello be starting for us until then to get the band?

Marchisio will last longer for us than Vidal or Bonucci IMO so they wont get the chance to be captains.

also, you "forgot" Pogba :mad:
What? Bonucci will retire here at 38 years of age.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What? Bonucci will retire here at 38 years of age.
i could see that happening actually, hes rarely injured and doesent play as physical as Chiellini for example. but will he still be a regular starter for us? i could see Marchisio starting at DM till hes 37-38 years old. but lets say Bonucci stays and starts longer than Marchisio, he would then be our captain for only 1-2 years. after that Pogba will be the captain for 5-6 years and then retire as a legend here

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba? :lol:
Buffon > Marchisio (perhaps) > Bonucci. Our captain will be ITALIAN.
why? by the time (Marchisio and probably Bonucci too retire), Pogba will be 31-32 and a member of Juve for over 10 years, more than any other player present at the club at that time. so why wouldnt he be the captain then? cuz hes not italian? what a stupid reason to not be a captain

and Marchisio (perhaps)? dafuq?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
He's one of the best CBs in Europe right now.
No doubt!! I was a huge critic but this season I don't even recognize him no more! Completely different player he bails out chiellini on the regular, his long passes are looking great and seem to have purpose no more (at least way less) awkward tackles. Dude's a boss!!

- - - Updated - - -

And as lethal as ever in the box :tuttosport:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Consider all the shit fans have been serving him over the years, and yet here he is unphased, playing like a fucking boss game after game. Kept working hard, kept developing as a player, improving year after year.

He may not have been born with remarkable talent, but he had enough talent to work with. The reason he is where he is, is that he has the heart of a lion and the will of a champion. He's a juventino, put simply. Making the most of what you have, utilizing every part of your potential and becoming a champion in the end.

Future capitano? Fine by me.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I maintain that he has clear weaknesses and we all know what they are but this season his strengths have been shining consistently. As long as we keep together a great unit infront of him I think he will continue to perform well.

Right now his ball playing ability is such a big asset to the team that his weaknesses are negligible. I really hope he can maintain this form.

I do have a theory that Conte's tactics hurt him (and actually it is possible that we were a better team than we showed under Conte's last 2 years) because some of the passes he picks out are so important for our build-up and I so rarely see them from CBs around the world. It makes me wonder if all those long balls that were wasted under Conte could have always been avoided.

I mean, when you can move the ball straight from your last man (the CB) to the FEET of the furthest man (the striker), like he did on Pereyra's goal, it's an enormous boost for your team. I have to give credit for such a rare capability.

Then of course sometimes he comes up with finishing techniques that could be studied by strikers for fuck sake.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Consider all the $#@! fans have been serving him over the years, and yet here he is unphased, playing like a $#@!ing boss game after game. Kept working hard, kept developing as a player, improving year after year.

He may not have been born with remarkable talent, but he had enough talent to work with. The reason he is where he is, is that he has the heart of a lion and the will of a champion. He's a juventino, put simply. Making the most of what you have, utilizing every part of your potential and becoming a champion in the end.

Future capitano? Fine by me.
Poetic :touched:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He's definitely one of the best European CBs now, also because defenders these days are shit.

But his ball playing has been tremendous, the best I've ever seen from him. His confidence is off the charts.

And mainly his defending improved a lot, he looks more focused than ever.

Also the guy plays every single match and is never injured.

I'm kind of afraid to compliment because he seems very jinxable, he may have a tendency to go over the moon with compliments. Gotta keep feet on the ground.

And as someone said, this guy has been improving steadly for 4 years now. He went from a walking disaster to one of the most important players in one of the best teams in Europe. The criticism was well deserved. But the guy has the will of a champion, his greatest asset is his mentality. He's iron willed.

PS: Bonucci at twitter: wash your mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

I still need one more season like this to really trust him. But he's definitely on his way.

Chiellini has also improved during the season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im mad because i cant destroy him anymore guys. :( but my time will come...

He was a huge part of the win today with a goal..and practically the assist who started pereyra´s goal. Great pass

he did a stupid bonehip tackle at the beggining of the game which was yellow worthy tho..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I mean, when you can move the ball straight from your last man (the CB) to the FEET of the furthest man (the striker), like he did on Pereyra's goal, it's an enormous boost for your team. I have to give credit for such a rare capability.

Then of course sometimes he comes up with finishing techniques that could be studied by strikers for fuck sake.
His striking of the ball technique is really excellent, that comes from a lot of practise as a young player. It's the sort of thing you might see more with Brazilian defenders, who have probably moved back and ended up in defence.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
i could see that happening actually, hes rarely injured and doesent play as physical as Chiellini for example. but will he still be a regular starter for us? i could see Marchisio starting at DM till hes 37-38 years old. but lets say Bonucci stays and starts longer than Marchisio, he would then be our captain for only 1-2 years. after that Pogba will be the captain for 5-6 years and then retire as a legend here

- - - Updated - - -

why? by the time (Marchisio and probably Bonucci too retire), Pogba will be 31-32 and a member of Juve for over 10 years, more than any other player present at the club at that time. so why wouldnt he be the captain then? cuz hes not italian? what a stupid reason to not be a captain

and Marchisio (perhaps)? dafuq?
We are talk about Juventus...Capitano is Italian entitled to.

Also, i can see Pogba leaving 5 years later, like Zidane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 350)