Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 30, 2006
I love him and all, he's been an absolute revelation this season! However, to say he'll be here in 6 years from now, that ridiculous! His style of play is very demanding physically and I doubt he can go on in his 30's playing like this, dude is 29. I don't want him sold or to leave, he's a Juventino for life, but he doesn't seem to be the type of player that would be blessed with longevity.
I think he could be a good player till 34 for sure.. he started a a physical energetic type player but as he goes on he is becoming more of a smarter pace maker type player. He is like a better version of Cristiano Zenetti who became a good smart pace maker midfielder with us towards the end of his career.

Also, Lampard for example is still pretty good at 36 and played a similar energetic box to box style .. he did not even resort to becoming a holding mid.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
WTF Zizinho. :sergio:

IF we have any aspirations at all as a club, Marchisio will not be starting in our midfield at 38 years old. That's for clubs like Roma. :rofl:

And Pogba is not going to spend his entire career here. It's not even a possibility. I'm optimistic we can keep him slightly longer than most of the rest of Europe thinks, but I give us 4 more years tops with him. In all likelihood, he's gone after Euro 2016.
yeah, should have said "i can see him staying at the club till hes 37-38", thats way more likely :D but Marchisio has shown in the past that he can adapt to any new role, so it wouldnt surprise me if he adjusts his game to keep a similar level in the future

- - - Updated - - -

At least one of Bonucci and Marchisio will still be here 6 years from now. That's a long ass time for a football club a lot can happen in these years. If Pogba, Morata or Pereyra are still with us by then, are among our best/most consisten performers and express no desire to leave, yes, we would make them caiptan. But that's a lot of ifs.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 748)