Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Like it really matters anyway, we've easily had €15.5m worth out of Bonucci already, as part of our unit for 2 years. That money doesn't buy you world class players, it's not 1996.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Like it really matters anyway, we've easily had €15.5m worth out of Bonucci already, as part of our unit for 2 years. That money doesn't buy you world class players, it's not 1996.
How much did Milan actually paid for Thiago Silva again ? The same Thiago silva who was chosen that year as the best player in the Brazilian league .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How much did Milan actually paid for Thiago Silva again ? The same Thiago silva who was chosen that year as the best player in the Brazilian league .
Maybe you misunderstand, I'm saying that paying that money is not a guarantee, which you seem to suggest it is, like it is some huge fee. In the market then and now it's just a standard fee, look at many of our signings.

If you're trying to compare money spent player for player, as I know you liked to target Marotta in the past, then we have plenty of our own bargains. It's like saying we don't get value for money from a €1m signing because we got Barzagli for €0.3m.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Thing with Bonucci is that he doesn't have the physical attributes of speed or quickness of thought. One can improve anticipation, passing and other premediated moves from experience, which Bonucci did. He can still improve on his headers, man-marking and shot-blocking but still be lacking at speed so his peak still won't be good enough at the highest level without speed imo. Caceres, Ogbonna and Asamoah on the other hand have the physical attributes, with experience I can hope they perfect the anticipation, passing and overall reading of the game and be better defender than Bonucci ever can be. Caceres and Asamoah are already very good defenders, better than Bonucci imo, so I am most inclined to sell Bonucci if anyone from our starting line-up.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Bonucci: 'Zero excuses'
By Football Italia staff

Leonardo Bonucci insisted Juventus have “zero excuses, zero remorse” after their Champions League exit.
The Bianconeri crashed out of the competition after a 1-0 defeat to Galatasaray, a game played out over two days due to a snowstorm on a disastrous pitch.

“Zero excuses, zero remorse, on the field to win... always! To the end forza Juventus,” wrote Bonucci on Twitter.

Meanwhile, Juve Coach Antonio Conte has been presented with the Tapiro d’Oro, a trophy awarded by famous Italian TV show Striscia La Notizia to public figures who have suffered a public disappointment.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I don't follow the "zero remorse" part. Does that mean he doesn't think they should have done anything differently?
Yup.

He even think HE doesnt should have done anything different. He is at peace with his mind.

At least thats what i think he wants to let the people know

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I guess some of you would rather have Ranocchia and Astori. Even the highly rated/touted/regarded Hummels commits blunders, and guess what. He makes those in the CL as well. I am not trying to defend Bonucci, but he isn't the only one to blame here. Chiellini has been in absentia when it comes to performances and consistency for like 18 months now.

Bonucci is here to stay, unless some ridiculous offer is made.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Winning it should be the rule of thumb for us from now on.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess some of you would rather have Ranocchia and Astori. Even the highly rated/touted/regarded Hummels commits blunders, and guess what. He makes those in the CL as well. I am not trying to defend Bonucci, but he isn't the only one to blame here. Chiellini has been in absentia when it comes to performances and consistency for like 18 months now.

I know he is not the only one to blame. Chiello, Conte and some others share the guilt as well.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

What has happened to you man? :heart:

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Bonucci: 'Zero excuses'
By Football Italia staff

Leonardo Bonucci insisted Juventus have “zero excuses, zero remorse” after their Champions League exit.
The Bianconeri crashed out of the competition after a 1-0 defeat to Galatasaray, a game played out over two days due to a snowstorm on a disastrous pitch.

“Zero excuses, zero remorse, on the field to win... always! To the end forza Juventus,” wrote Bonucci on Twitter.

Meanwhile, Juve Coach Antonio Conte has been presented with the Tapiro d’Oro, a trophy awarded by famous Italian TV show Striscia La Notizia to public figures who have suffered a public disappointment.
:tup: That should sit well beside the kebab trophy he won yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 354)