Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
With the current form even Chiellini would be a liability, but moving away from the 3 man defence and towards other formation that would let us be more dangerous in europe would be better for the team. We don't have competition in Seria A anyway.
I agree entirely.

We should aim for excellency Klin, specially in a department we have been proud to brag about since forever.
If we're not looking at changing formation, I don't think we should change anyone from our defense right now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
JuveJay, but you will have to agree that he is a average if not bellow average as a defender. I don't want to sound like cronios here, but the guy can't tackle, how can a serious defender not be able to tackle? Yes he is good with the ball and really improved his long range passing, but as a defender he really is nothing special, far from it.

I will probably never like the guy, not because I want him to do bad, but that I really can't see him becoming a decent defender anytime in his career, and with him playing in the back 3 that's even less likely. Cos like you said, it exposes his defensive weakness.

So we have two choices stick with him in the 3 and hope for the best or move away from the 3 and pick two solid defenders, because with 2 defenders in the middle his services are not needed here, we could find loads of better defenders. My pick is obvious and I'm hoping we will do that too.

He would be a decent defender for a lower team, but for Juve he will never be good enough as a defender.
Fair enough, that's your opinion. He's not the best tackler, but again, if you want a tackler there you look for a different kind of central defender or change in the defensive line. Personally I think his bigger flaw is a lack of acceleration, because it doesn't allow him to intercept moves even if anticipated, and he can't risk diving in.

The last line is a bit ambiguous, but he's proven himself in his role already. If you want a different kind of defender or a shift in formation then fine, but I doubt in this formation or approach you will see much improvement on him. Conte likes to control the game starting from the back, Serie A is our bread and butter first and foremost, as with every Juve team (some don't like it, but it's not a new phenomenon), so he builds the team for that. Bonucci allows him to that. That's why Ogbonna is here for competition, that's why he had a DM/CM as back up there last season. The role of that player is not to be the premium defender.

This then goes back to the argument about a change in philosophy for Europe, perhaps we do need two different approaches, but I don't know many teams who have been able to pull this off. At the moment we don't have the attacking players for it.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
For the Italy part, I agree he does his job in a 3 man defense here. But we really don't have a serious competition in seria a to not be able to move away and try new things.

And for the point that I want a tackler that is not what I wanted to say, I just want a decent defender for that position, the problem is that there is no one in the team or even in whole italy who could do a better job with controling the ball, passing and helping team control the tempo from a sweeper position(he learned two years playing it after all) while being a good defender.

So what I want is change in formation mainly, move away from the back three, because we don't have a proper replacement for him from the ball playing part and he is not up to defensive standards(not including tackling, defensive in general).

But with Conte who knows, like we don't have a replacement for Pirlo too, not even an adequate one, Pogba doesn't count, he is really not good as a regista, but we still choose to play the same, even when the personel is lacking.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Sell BonBon already, get Zouma or bring back some youth stars. It's amazing that throughout all the fucking shitness of Chiellini and Bonucci, Caceres is still on the bench and youth is giving zero chance..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 67)