Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Despite still being our owrst player on the pitch a few times as well this year and his ussual brain farts made us concede a few goas.
Bonucci is slooowly growing into a more mature CB, i prdict that he will become Juve material in a couple of seasons, i hoped that it would be next year, but he is obviously not ready.
This became painfully obvious when he had to step up in chiellini's absence.

Bonucci has improved some overall football player characteristics, but unfortunately not his defensive qualities. And this is IMO, the prime concern for a CB.
However modern coaches dont agree with that, they are ready to sacrifice defensive solidarity, not only on fullbacks, but on CBs as well.
And just like the prefer offenisve fullbacks that cant defend, but can cross, make runs and help the build up play, not they prefer a defender that can pass around the ball.
This was specifically what Bonucci can do best as a football player and conte has decided to use him exactly for that, in his effort to hide the weakness of our team and get the best from our material.

As long as we keep a 3 man defence, Bonucci cn find a place in our team, being the 3rd man, who is covered by two proper defenders and is mostly used to pass the ball around, from the keeper to Pirlo and occasionally try a long ball for a counter attack.

Hopefully this year we will add one more CB that does know how to defends though. Caceres is not that good defensively imo, to be used as a CB (at least in pre-Barcelonized Italy), but he can fill in the Bonucci passer role, so do some CMS, like Vidal and Maronne.
But what we cannot replace is the defensive solidarity of CBs like Barza and Chiellni, we suffer a lot without, soft defenders like Peluso, Caceres and Maronne, combined with a passer like Bonucci, become a huge liability defensive wise, as 2/3 of our defence cant defend!
This was proved by the fact that we have conceived almost every single time we played without Chiellini.

Hopefully the coming year, we will see Bonucci improving his defensive qualities, so that he will stop being a defensive liability starting next year and still offering his passing qualities...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Despite still being our owrst player on the pitch a few times as well this year and his ussual brain farts made us concede a few goas.
Bonucci is slooowly growing into a more mature CB, i prdict that he will become Juve material in a couple of seasons, i hoped that it would be next year, but he is obviously not ready.
This became painfully obvious when he had to step up in chiellini's absence.

Bonucci has improved some overall football player characteristics, but unfortunately not his defensive qualities. And this is IMO, the prime concern for a CB.
However modern coaches dont agree with that, they are ready to sacrifice defensive solidarity, not only on fullbacks, but on CBs as well.
And just like the prefer offenisve fullbacks that cant defend, but can cross, make runs and help the build up play, not they prefer a defender that can pass around the ball.
This was specifically what Bonucci can do best as a football player and conte has decided to use him exactly for that, in his effort to hide the weakness of our team and get the best from our material.

As long as we keep a 3 man defence, Bonucci cn find a place in our team, being the 3rd man, who is covered by two proper defenders and is mostly used to pass the ball around, from the keeper to Pirlo and occasionally try a long ball for a counter attack.

Hopefully this year we will add one more CB that does know how to defends though. Caceres is not that good defensively imo, to be used as a CB (at least in pre-Barcelonized Italy), but he can fill in the Bonucci passer role, so do some CMS, like Vidal and Maronne.
But what we cannot replace is the defensive solidarity of CBs like Barza and Chiellni, we suffer a lot without, soft defenders like Peluso, Caceres and Maronne, combined with a passer like Bonucci, become a huge liability defensive wise, as 2/3 of our defence cant defend!
This was proved by the fact that we have conceived almost every single time we played without Chiellini.

Hopefully the coming year, we will see Bonucci improving his defensive qualities, so that he will stop being a defensive liability starting next year and still offering his passing qualities...
good post. +rep

cronios lets say money wasnt an issue.... who would you want to replace bonucci?

i

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 466)