Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Unknown is the key word in my post. Thiago Silva was already well known world wide. And I don't remember, but probably not. Who were their CBs by the time apart of Nesta?

P.S.: Maldini was still playing for my counts. You got your answer right there. We don't need another question mark in our team. For that I'd much rather bet on my players - ala Bones/Freddy.
Thiago Silva was part of the best starting 11 of the Brasileirao at the time but well known outside Brazil he definitely wasn't. He was a pretty unknown quantity outside Brazil and there was hardly any more interest in him from European teams than now for Rhodolfo or Dede - in fact, at the time the hottest name among Cb in Brazil was SP's Miranda.

Actually, even Milan wasn't too hot on his heels and Inter had almost signed the guy - he was already given for an Inter player in Brzail - when Leonardo drew the board's interest on the guy and urged Milan to signed him and helped stealing TS from under Inter's nose, literary :) ... at the time, European/Italian media treated him as yet another experimental signing by Milan in an attempt to not spend big for a proper Maldini replacement. (see Rhodolfo :D)

Other than that, TS arrived at Milan in the winter but couldn't be registered till next summer due to the non-EU limit so he spend the second half of that season training with Milan. That same summer Maldini retired, and considering the rest of our CBs (apart from Nesta) were Kaladze, Bonera, etc, TS literary walked into the starting 11 ... and the rest is history :touched:

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I saw Inter vs. Chievo highlites and also Ranocchia sucked , i know this has nothing to do with Bonucci but may they need more time , to be honest i hope Ranocchia flops hard i don't care about him , but i hope Bonucci will improve .

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Ranocchia have always sucked IMO. Did you see him against Schalke ?
I remeber 2009 season everyone were saying that we should one of Bari kids (Ranochia/Bonucci) when we picked up Bonucci , some here saied we should have gone for Ranocchia because he is better :shifty: !

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Thiago Silva was part of the best starting 11 of the Brasileirao at the time but well known outside Brazil he definitely wasn't. He was a pretty unknown quantity outside Brazil and there was hardly any more interest in him from European teams than now for Rhodolfo or Dede - in fact, at the time the hottest name among Cb in Brazil was SP's Miranda.

Actually, even Milan wasn't too hot on his heels and Inter had almost signed the guy - he was already given for an Inter player in Brzail - when Leonardo drew the board's interest on the guy and urged Milan to signed him and helped stealing TS from under Inter's nose, literary :) ... at the time, European/Italian media treated him as yet another experimental signing by Milan in an attempt to not spend big for a proper Maldini replacement. (see Rhodolfo :D)

Other than that, TS arrived at Milan in the winter but couldn't be registered till next summer due to the non-EU limit so he spend the second half of that season training with Milan. That same summer Maldini retired, and considering the rest of our CBs (apart from Nesta) were Kaladze, Bonera, etc, TS literary walked into the starting 11 ... and the rest is history :touched:
i d take dede over rhodolfo, but hes most liekly more expensive

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
I remeber 2009 season everyone were saying that we should one of Bari kids (Ranochia/Bonucci) when we picked up Bonucci , some here saied we should have gone for Ranocchia because he is better :shifty: !
It's easy to overrate players when they play for weak sides, because you brush off their terrible performances for playing in "Bari".

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We made a huge investment on Bonucci, (15.5mil cash+4.5mil at least on players) for a player coming from such a small Italian club, this boy should have brought some WC performances.
He was never that good, or showed WC promise and the 20mil fee will never be justified, with 20mil you can buy a top CB, Bonucci will never be one.
We paid the hype and we paid for the fact that he was young and above all Italian!
It is essential for our cause to have a squad with as much more Italians as possible.
Thats why we hired Marotta and numbers of mediocre Italians he is landing every year prove that.
We are ready to compromise quality for nationality, we will not hesitate to do it again.
Consider this, the sum spent on Bonucci, the inability of MArotta to sell anyone for a decent price, remotely close to his value
and then you will see that it is extremely unwise to offload Bonucci now, esp with only 2 days left to bring someone better.

For the same price or 5-10 mil, Marotta will clearly favor an Italian, considering there are no decent Italian CBs in this generation, this will only lead to yet more waste of our limited funds, and no real upgrade.
A bless would be a quality foreigner like Lugano or Alex to arrive on loan/free, win the fans and force MArotta's hand, because the insist on Italians, is imposed by the board, in order to bring the Italian fans back in the stadium and create income from tickets.

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
Why are you still talking about Lugano?

by the way..

Juventus is an Italian club, if they decide to go for an all Italian starting lineup just to benefit their NT, It's their business. You and others need to shut up and deal with it already

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Talking about Marottas supposed fetish on italians, what the fck happened? Lichtstainer, Vidal, Vucinic - 3 guys we actually spent money on that weren't loans with mandatory to buy happened not to be Italians. Could it be that Marotta actually doesn't have fetish for Italians when he has some money to operate with (see Martinez and Krasič from last summer, only Bonucci fits the bill)? I think the conspiracy about Marotta preffering Italians just took a serious blow.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We made a huge investment on Bonucci, (15.5mil cash+4.5mil at least on players)
Can we finally settle this debate about Bonucci's price? Ok?

It was kind of a complicated operation which involved three teams (Juve, Bari, Genoa) and three players (Bonucci, Almiron, Criscito)

1. Bonucci was owned by Bari and Genoa.
2. The three teams agree to a number of operations which will finish with Bari owning half of Almiron, Juve fully owning Bonucci and Genoa buying the 2nd half of Criscito's contract.

So:

3. Bari buy half of Almiron from Juve for 2.5m eur
4. Genoa buy Bari's half of Bonucci for 8m eur
5. Juve sell their half of Criscito to Genoa for 6m eur
6. Juve buy Bonucci from Genoa for 15.5m eur

To conclude, you can see it in two ways:
- Juve bought Bonucci for 15.5m eur cash
- Juve bought Bonucci for 7m eur cash +half of Almiron +half of Criscito

It's not "15.5m+players" as you put it and the total amount wasn't 20m or 22m as you frequently say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 192)