Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Rhodolfo, for real? Trusting our season in an unknown guy coming from the south american market would be too laughable to be true. Not even Benfica/Porto do that and you know those club's fame with the south american market/players...

Yes, Bruno Alves is better than Bonucci, but this is simply not the way of running a club, swaping 15M investments season after season. Mainly these younger guys with potential to grow. Apparently, Marotta is following me on this one. I'm glad for once.

Jul 1, 2010
Rhodolfo, for real? Trusting our season in an unknown guy coming from the south american market would be too laughable to be true. Not even Benfica/Porto do that and you know those club's fame with the south american market/players...

Yes, Bruno Alves is better than Bonucci, but this is simply not the way of running a club, swaping 15M investments season after season. Mainly these younger guys with potential to grow. Apparently, Marotta is following me on this one. I'm glad for once.
Didn't Milan do that with Tiago Silva two years ago?

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Unknown is the key word in my post. Thiago Silva was already well known world wide. And I don't remember, but probably not. Who were their CBs by the time apart of Nesta?

P.S.: Maldini was still playing for my counts. You got your answer right there. We don't need another question mark in our team. For that I'd much rather bet on my players - ala Bones/Freddy.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I think you're underrating Rhodlfo. Because you do not know/rate him does not mean others do not.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I think you're underrating Rhodlfo. Because you do not know/rate him does not mean others do not.
Agreed.

But I hate to gamble on that market, mainly for a starter spot. I have too many bad experiences with overhyped south americans. I mean, even if they really show some quality there, that isn't enough. The type of football is completely different from the european and IF they manage to adapt their game, then they (the ones who showed quality) will most probably turn into top players here, in europe. But that's a big, big if... and the great majority of the players end up failing and going back home.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Italy didnt produced quality defender for a long time already. After generation of Nesta/Canna there were the likes of Barza/Legro/Bonera/Ferrari/Gamberini/Chiellini/Bocchetti/Criscito/Bonucci/Santacroce/Ranocchia........ Except Chiellini they are all weak defenders to be considered by the top clubs, so i dont see Bon getting close even to Legros level. Then why should we keep him. And i didnt forget Matrix, you can put him somewhere in between.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)