• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
And rightly so.

8 scudetti (and pretty much always among the players with the most minutes played during those seasons as well iirc), 4 coppa italia wins and close to 500 appearences for Juventus.

Only on tuz would they not consider him a club legend. It's absurd.

Idk what's funny about it.

BuT bUt But hE goT cARRiEd By bArZAgLi AnD cHiElLo.
Here's my nuanced take

He was an integral part of a great team, and as I mentioned his passing abilities were a perfect solution to teams doing the obvious thing and trying to mark Pirlo out of games. He gave us a second option, and his passing really came on leaps and bounds. In his first season it was terrible, but from Conte onwards it became a viable strategic option. He was the only guy with his specific mix of attributes at such a high level and without him that team would not have ticked like it did. He was clearly the weakest of the three at least defensively, but he wasn't a simple old-school CB so perhaps that's an unfair comparison*. I don't remember him blowing anybody's minds when he was at Milan, but as I've never watched many of their games that probably wouldn't be fair for me to bring up either.

The debate on whether he was good enough to be considered a club legend is moot in any case, because of him starting an argument at halftime in Cardiff, right when we needed unity and leadership, and then forcing a move to a rival club before coming crawling back the following season. It's an embarrassment that he's officially the team captain. He doesn't deserve that imo, and if I don't think he deserves to be captain of course I don't think he deserves to be a club legend.

Tuz legends section obviously, but I wouldn't give him a star outside the stadium.

PS: I laugh reacted because I actually laughed in real life just because your opinion was the opposite of mine, wasn't anything personal mein freund

*edit: also when you compare anybody to Barzagli and Chiellini during those years there are maybe like 10 defenders in history who wouldn't be the weakest one, it was a historically great defensive setup

Buy on AliExpress.com

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
And rightly so.

8 scudetti (and pretty much always among the players with the most minutes played during those seasons as well iirc), 4 coppa italia wins and close to 500 appearences for Juventus.

He's not only Juve legend but also Italy legend. It sounds crazy but he's up there with Scirea :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And rightly so.

Pogba gonna join him in a few years

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my nuanced take

He was an integral part of a great team, and as I mentioned his passing abilities were a perfect solution to teams doing the obvious thing and trying to mark Pirlo out of games. He gave us a second option, and his passing really came on leaps and bounds. In his first season it was terrible, but from Conte onwards it became a viable strategic option. He was the only guy with his specific mix of attributes at such a high level and without him that team would not have ticked like it did. He was clearly the weakest of the three at least defensively, but he wasn't a simple old-school CB so perhaps that's an unfair comparison*. I don't remember him blowing anybody's minds when he was at Milan, but as I've never watched many of their games that probably wouldn't be fair for me to bring up either.

The debate on whether he was good enough to be considered a club legend is moot in any case, because of him starting an argument at halftime in Cardiff, right when we needed unity and leadership, and then forcing a move to a rival club before coming crawling back the following season. It's an embarrassment that he's officially the team captain. He doesn't deserve that imo, and if I don't think he deserves to be captain of course I don't think he deserves to be a club legend.

Tuz legends section obviously, but I wouldn't give him a star outside the stadium.

PS: I laugh reacted because I actually laughed in real life just because your opinion was the opposite of mine, wasn't anything personal mein freund

*edit: also when you compare anybody to Barzagli and Chiellini during those years there are maybe like 10 defenders in history who wouldn't be the weakest one, it was a historically great defensive setup
:tup:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Bonucci: "The goal against Juventus gave me a personal joy. In the past few years I've always scored important goals, this year I have just two but the most important thing is to win the first trophy with the Milan shirt."

See this mofo might have been good with the defensive setup we had but he is a selfish bastard. The goal he scored for Milan against us is a good example. I would have no issues with him going to Milan but to celebrate that goal the way he did. Rub it into the fans & his team mates - naah, that is just nasty.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Did anybody else think that when he came on the back 3 looked somehow more comfortable knowing what their roles entail? I dunno, we make jokes about how embarrassing it is that he's our captain, but we really do have a leadership crisis-to the point that Leo actually is an influential voice. Di Maria is a leader in footballing terms but I miss the days when Buffon, Chiellini, Pirlo, Marchisio, Tevez and others (Evra, Dani Alves) were there to offer experience and heart as well as playing well.

On another note I want us to turn one of our young CBs coming through into a new Bonucci. Get them working on their long passes so they can be a libero and option behind Enzo for a pass back then forwards.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Did anybody else think that when he came on the back 3 looked somehow more comfortable knowing what their roles entail? I dunno, we make jokes about how embarrassing it is that he's our captain, but we really do have a leadership crisis-to the point that Leo actually is an influential voice. Di Maria is a leader in footballing terms but I miss the days when Buffon, Chiellini, Pirlo, Marchisio, Tevez and others (Evra, Dani Alves) were there to offer experience and heart as well as playing well.

On another note I want us to turn one of our young CBs coming through into a new Bonucci. Get them working on their long passes so they can be a libero and option behind Enzo for a pass back then forwards.
He's a rare breed. Will be hard to replicate what he can offer in terms of passing.
But I mean prime Bonucci not this washed up version :grin:
His pass is way off right now

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#Bonucci received a knock and will undergo some tests at the Medical. Discomfort in the tendon for #Bremer, but it's not worrying ⚪️⚫️

[Romeo Agresti]

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Remember barzaglis last season when he barely played and was essentially just a player coach? That better be Bonucci’s role next season. Shouldn’t even be included in the roster math. Pretend he doesn’t exist. Maybe even terminate his contact.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Remember barzaglis last season when he barely played and was essentially just a player coach? That better be Bonucci’s role next season. Shouldn’t even be included in the roster math. Pretend he doesn’t exist. Maybe even terminate his contact.
For a brief moment I forgot he has another year on his contract :sergio:

KirilovBG

Sep 5, 2018
Probably this will happened. He will play 10-15 matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)