• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We'll sign the best, don't worry.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem awfully sure of Caldara, who didn't have a good preseason with us, the only time he has ever played for a top club.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe because no one wanted Benatia. Maybe because Benatia is better than Caldara now.
this seems quite convenient for your argument. no one wanted the guys that stayed here, and we can easily sign the one we let go back whenever we want. alright

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. For large parts of last season our defense was atrocious but then again its hard to single them out for it when they were put under constant pressure by our general inability to keep the ball.

I never singled out benatia, all of our CBs looked poor at the same times and benatia was not in high demand unlike caldara. Once again, as far as caldara having all the tools to be a top CB in the future goes future is the key part. We are trying to win the CL now. This season or next. Current bonucci is an infinitely better option for that then a 21 y/o who looks promising for atalanta but has never played CL or for a top team in his life.

And selling caldara wasnt about bonucci it was about iirc. Look up the statement from the club on this. They did address why caldara left in a public statement. It did make sense, you just dont like it so are willfully blind to it.
again, i never read any statement and im sure they made it in a way that it makes perfect sense (you read it and dont even remember what it is about?), but i dont necessarily agree with their reason. we refused higher offers for Rugani so cant be about money i guess? playing time?

we also did lose our starting RB who was absolute WC for half a season here, our LB went from a 10 to a 6, especially offensively. it wasnt all Bonucci.

i know you didnt single out Mehdi, but hes the one Bon is replacing in the lineup, so his position is the one we tried to improve. Barzagli is still here so we did need a CB, even further proving to me letting Caldara go was pointless. and again, im all for having Bonucci, so this is not either/or for me.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
this seems quite convenient for your argument. no one wanted the guys that stayed here, and we can easily sign the one we let go back whenever we want. alright
You don't think Caldara will come running from AC Dump if we want him in 2-3 years time?

At that time, we'll likely be able to afford and attract almost any CB we want let alone Caldara. It's not much different than having a buy back clause.

It's not a convenient argument, it's just common sense.

As for Benatia, only Marseille was linked in summer. And until I see Caldara with Milan and he proves otherwise, it's safer having Benatia as backup.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You don't think Caldara will come running from AC Dump if we want him in two years time?

At that time, we'll be able to afford and attract almost any CB we want let alone Caldara. It's not much different than having a buy back clause.

It's not a convenient argument, it's just common sense.

As for Benatia, only Marseille was linked in summer. And until I see Caldara with Milan and he proves otherwise, it's safer having Benatia as backup.
ill believe when i see it, none of us have a clue what the situation in 2 years time gonna be. doesent change the fact that letting your rival have your most promising CB when you werent in dire need to sell, wasnt a wise move

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
ill believe when i see it, none of us have a clue what the situation in 2 years time gonna be. doesent change the fact that letting your rival have your most promising CB when you werent in dire need to sell, wasnt a wise move
You don't know but at the same time you're awfully sure it was a terribad deal and he was our most promising CB. OK. :disagree:

Rival in what sense? Their rival is Lazio. Or more accurately, Samp and Torino.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You don't know but at the same time you're awfully sure it was a terribad deal and he was our most promising CB. OK. :disagree:

Rival in what sense? Their rival is Lazio. Or more accurately, Samp and Torino.
eh, because he was? did you miss the last 2 seasons when the entire forum was raving about how good he was for Atalanta? he was quick, fast, good in the air, good on the ball, basically anything you want from a modern CB. but sure, he was bad for what, 90 minutes combined(?) of preseason football, and we sold him, so he aint all that anymore suddenly. wonder what tune you would be singing if he stayed and we accepted Chelseas bid for Rugani.

Apr 19, 2007
doubt we needed to balance the books, and if yes, there were other ways. as for Milan, they wanted Higgy and Bonucci wanted here, there were ways to do this without Mattia.
How can you say we didnt have to balance the books? We bought Ronaldo who was in Higgy position. Whay would we have our second highest salary be overshadowed? We probably could have kept Mattia as you say but he isnt anything worth that IMO or to the club obviously

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How can you say we didnt have to balance the books? We bought Ronaldo who was in Higgy position. Whay would we have our second highest salary be overshadowed? We probably could have kept Mattia as you say but he isnt anything worth that IMO or to the club obviously
i have no idea what you are trying to say tbh, but i dont think we needed to balance the books. otherwise, why not just accept Chelsea bid for Rugani? would have a much better effect on the books

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
eh, because he was? did you miss the last 2 seasons when the entire forum was raving about how good he was for Atalanta? he was quick, fast, good in the air, good on the ball, basically anything you want from a modern CB. but sure, he was bad for what, 90 minutes combined(?) of preseason football, and we sold him, so he aint all that anymore suddenly. wonder what tune you would be singing if he stayed and we accepted Chelseas bid for Rugani.
Broseppi, it's easier being good for a smaller club (Footy 101, and no he wasn't good on the ball and wasn't a de Ligt), plus you had the Gasperini and Atalanta system factor. Have you missed Rugani?

You sound sure again.

I said in summer the reports saying we're selling Rugani to Chelsea were dumb and that it won't happen. So figure it out.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Not to mention we only received the loan fee from Higuain's departure, and Milan was the only party interested. Not what other ways we could've raised 35m.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Broseppi, it's easier being good for a smaller club (Footy 101, and no he wasn't good on the ball and wasn't a de Ligt), plus you had the Gasperini and Atalanta system factor. Have you missed Rugani?

You sound sure again.

I said in summer the reports saying we're selling Rugani to Chelsea were dumb and that it won't happen. So figure it out.
sure it is, just ask Cancelo (football 101. yes he was. de Ligt got nothing to do with Caldara). the Atalanta system, right. they conceded 12 goals already without him, are 13th in the table, and havent even faced either us Napoli or inter yet. lets see how they do this season compared to last 2.

you say a lot of things and they turn out differently, but that was not my question.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Arent you suppose to be the slary snob? Rugani is on less than 2 mil while Higgy was 7.5. Plus do we really think Caldara is that great? Why do you think we sold higgy? Personal reasons?
again, what are you on about? Caldara earns 0.2M net more than Rugani, and his contract runs 2 years longer (this is his Milan salary, no idea what it was when he was still here, but probably either the same or lower). what has Higgys salary to do with anything ffs? im arguing we should have kept Caldara, still not sure what youre doing. we sold Higgy cause he was a pain in the ass to the books, luckily we found someone who wanted him.

a8UQdcv.png

here are the salaries for this season. Barzagli at 3M, i know hes a legend and all but this was so unnecessary that it hurts me physically

Apr 19, 2007
again, what are you on about? Caldara earns 0.2M net more than Rugani, and his contract runs 2 years longer (this is his Milan salary, no idea what it was when he was still here, but probably either the same or lower). what has Higgys salary to do with anything ffs? im arguing we should have kept Caldara, still not sure what youre doing. we sold Higgy cause he was a pain in the ass to the books, luckily we found someone who wanted him.

a8UQdcv.png

here are the salaries for this season. Barzagli at 3M, i know hes a legend and all but this was so unnecessary that it hurts me physically
The only team that wanted him needed to clear some budget space or they couldnt afford him. Caldara was unfortunately in the crossfire

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

a8UQdcv.png

I don’t get why fans are affected by how much players get paid. The more they get the better imo, and it’s not like Juve can’t afford it

Apr 19, 2007
I don’t get why fans are affected by how much players get paid. The more they get the better imo, and it’s not like Juve can’t afford it
I wouldnt want you to run my business thats for sure

- - - Updated - - -

imo, we could have done it without sacrificing Caldara, until proven otherwise
Possibly but youre the only one that thinks that would be a big decision. Ronaldo came and we kept every starter besides the position he took. We added a top cb at the expense of a young prospect that was 4th in line most likely. Thats incredible and a huge step but youre hung up over a Milan backup

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand all the financial stuff but its very obvious Higuain was forced out for financial reasons so you know the caldara was involved in that. Why do YOU think he had to leave?

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly but youre the only one that thinks that would be a big decision. Ronaldo came and we kept every starter besides the position he took. We added a top cb at the expense of a young prospect that was 4th in line most likely. Thats incredible and a huge step but youre hung up over a Milan backup

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand all the financial stuff but its very obvious Higuain was forced out for financial reasons so you know the caldara was involved in that. Why do YOU think he had to leave?
Lol my bad, didn’t realize Juve was your business

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think im the only one. heres why:
-Milan wanted Higgy
-it was only a loan, so not as big of a financial sacrifice for them
-we took a player with 8M net wages off them

and lol at you calling him a Milan backup when he just now returned from an injury. shows how little attention you paid, but like to talk about him

you act like they did us a favor by taking Higgy, so we had to gift them Caldara as well, when we made the deal as convenient to them as we possibly could. its clear Higgy was a burden for us due to wages/fee, and not even near as big of a burden to them, despite higher wages. they bet on making the CL with him this season, if they dont, look for us to go through looking for a suitor again come summer.

- - - Updated - - -

well, if its Ronaldo (GOAT level + marketable as fuck), no one should mind. if its bums like Can or Higuain, then it becomes trouble

Apr 19, 2007
Lol my bad, didn’t realize Juve was your business
So why dont we just buy Messi? Couldnt hurt us right?
How you cant comprehend being good with money and good money transfers leads to long term success on the field which is what we want as fans is really funny. We talk about these 7 years like the whole throwing a few years and playing in the olimpico while building a new stadium didnt catipult us. Behind success on the field is good money managing

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think im the only one. heres why:
-Milan wanted Higgy
-it was only a loan, so not as big of a financial sacrifice for them
-we took a player with 8M net wages off them

and lol at you calling him a Milan backup when he just now returned from an injury. shows how little attention you paid, but like to talk about him

you act like they did us a favor by taking Higgy, so we had to gift them Caldara as well, when we made the deal as convenient to them as we possibly could. its clear Higgy was a burden for us due to wages/fee, and not even near as big of a burden to them, despite higher wages. they bet on making the CL with him this season, if they dont, look for us to go through looking for a suitor again come summer.

- - - Updated - - -

well, if its Ronaldo (GOAT level + marketable as fuck), no one should mind. if its bums like Can or Higuain, then it becomes trouble
Its not that hard to follow
Chelsea didnt want Higgy so we were left with just Milan.
They couldnt afford his wages unless they took some off their books.
Bonucci was the easiest target as it was almost even trade but now they needed a CB with low wages thats pretty good while we now had a surplus of CBs.

Like I said we could probably have kept Caldara but would have been a big surplus if we took Bonucci. Bonucci leaving was the only way that Milan could take Higgy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)