Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
lgor crying about Bonucci all year is going to be delicious. Hoping your own team's players fail is just so sad.

Besides, last I checked we have conceded 0 goals in the CL so far this year. Seems like a good start for Leo in the competition that matters.

I'll bash Bonucci when we actually start losing due to his mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s clearly his ass-tackles.
I prefer the deflected own-goals to be honest.

Last edited:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
We haven't conceded in CL because we played 3 teams that are worse than us at going forward, yet bonucci still made fatal mistakes against Valencia and united that could very well cost us goals against better teams.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Yes, Bonucci improves our play but he still brainfarts too often.

Net positive so far cause he hasn't cost a point but he really needs to sort out his concentration.
I am not a Leo hater and I agree he is fundamental to our game and style, but he literally costed us 2 points in last Serie A game vs Genoa, you cant put the blame on Woj since it was Leo who let the ball go past him without even trying to react and play with it...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Didn't we have to balance book and Milan wouldn't accept swap deal Bonucci - Higuain unless Caldara was involved. That was what was alleged.
doubt we needed to balance the books, and if yes, there were other ways. as for Milan, they wanted Higgy and Bonucci wanted here, there were ways to do this without Mattia.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
doubt we needed to balance the books, and if yes, there were other ways. as for Milan, they wanted Higgy and Bonucci wanted here, there were ways to do this without Mattia.
Hasn't this already been addressed publicly by our management? That the goal was to avoid a loss on Higuain and that was why accepted a payed loan for a 90mil player because the cost of the loan was exactly what we needed to achieve that goal? That we couldn't find an acceptable bid for the full rights of the player and Milan weren't down for the deal without Caldara to replace Bonucci?

Most importantly if our goal is to win a Champions League with this cycle of players then the time is right now. When Ronaldo is still in his prime (despite his GOATness impossible to predict how a 33 y/o attacker will look in a year or two) and some of the usual giants (Real, Bayern, Barca) seem to be in a period of transition.

To restate, in between all the whining over Caldara our management did address the motivations behind this transfer publicly, despite a bunch of Tuzzers not liking it the reasoning is perfectly solid, if we want to actually win a Champions League trophy the time is now and Bonucci offers more now than Caldara does in the short term.

Bonucci's errors sure do look embarrasing for a player of his level but the net gain is positive. We had no Bonucci, instead Chiellini - Benatia for large parts of last season and how did we look defensively? Like a joke for large parts of the seaon because our defense was under constant pressure because we couldn't stop turning the ball over in silly situations, even against vastly inferior opposition. Defending is a team effort and Bonucci is a defensive upgrade if his ability on the ball very much cuts down the chances opposing teams have to put that defense under pressure.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes, Bonucci improves our play but he still brainfarts too often.

Net positive so far cause he hasn't cost a point but he really needs to sort out his concentration.
Bonucci is always going to have these moments. Part of being a player with flair like that is that you sometimes try things that are too difficult or lose concentration because of arrogance.

You're right about him being a net positive so far though and really that's the question you should ask with Bonucci. When I look at the long ball he tried to play to Ronaldo at Utd (it ended up being a corner if you remember), I can see what he adds to our game.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
We haven't conceded in CL because we played 3 teams that are worse than us at going forward, yet bonucci still made fatal mistakes against Valencia and united that could very well cost us goals against better teams.
This is like our 16/17 season

we concede dozens of chances in CL KO stages but our luck sees us through

prudent posters point out that we have been walking on thin ice and Madrid won't miss the chances others did

loud mouthed plebs screech their favourite song how Bonucci, Buffon and Chiellini is some unbeatable defensive unit despite watching Monaco and Barca miss like 10 sitters each

we get rekt in the final

gonna happen again

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

prudent posters point out that we have been walking on thin ice and Madrid won't miss the chances others did

loud mouthed plebs screech their favourite song how Bonucci, Buffon and Chiellini is some unbeatable defensive unit despite watching Monaco and Barca miss like 10 sitters each

we get rekt in the final

gonna happen again
Aw man. This IS going to happen again.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

we get rekt in the final

gonna happen again
Aw man. This IS going to happen again.
You're forgetting Ronaldo is on our team now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Hasn't this already been addressed publicly by our management? That the goal was to avoid a loss on Higuain and that was why accepted a payed loan for a 90mil player because the cost of the loan was exactly what we needed to achieve that goal? That we couldn't find an acceptable bid for the full rights of the player and Milan weren't down for the deal without Caldara to replace Bonucci?

Most importantly if our goal is to win a Champions League with this cycle of players then the time is right now. When Ronaldo is still in his prime (despite his GOATness impossible to predict how a 33 y/o attacker will look in a year or two) and some of the usual giants (Real, Bayern, Barca) seem to be in a period of transition.

To restate, in between all the whining over Caldara our management did address the motivations behind this transfer publicly, despite a bunch of Tuzzers not liking it the reasoning is perfectly solid, if we want to actually win a Champions League trophy the time is now and Bonucci offers more now than Caldara does in the short term.

Bonucci's errors sure do look embarrasing for a player of his level but the net gain is positive. We had no Bonucci, instead Chiellini - Benatia for large parts of last season and how did we look defensively? Like a joke for large parts of the seaon because our defense was under constant pressure because we couldn't stop turning the ball over in silly situations, even against vastly inferior opposition. Defending is a team effort and Bonucci is a defensive upgrade if his ability on the ball very much cuts down the chances opposing teams have to put that defense under pressure.
i dont know, our defense didnt look that much weaker to me compared to previous seasons (16/17 being the exception, when we also had Dani Alves and all 4 of our defenders + Buffon were in amazing form February to May).

also im glad you brought up Benatia. if he was the "problem" how come we didnt use him for book balancing issues, or as financial sacrifice to make Bonucci possible? or Rugani? Caldara was the worst choice to me as i see him having all the tools to become a top Cb in short time. also i dont buy that we couldnt get a Bonucci with 8M net wages off of a willing to let go Milan without giving them our most promising CB (also i wasnt that active during summer, so i dont know whether our management has addressed anything about this, so dont know what youre referring to), especially when we had the CF they wanted and LOANED him out to them. makes no sense to me no matter how you put it

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
eh, no we cant. otherwise we would have just purchased Romagnoli instead of bothering with him
We'll sign the best, don't worry.

- - - Updated - - -

i or Rugani? Caldara was the worst choice to me as i see him having all the tools to become a top Cb in short time.
You seem awfully sure of Caldara, who didn't have a good preseason with us, the only time he has ever played for a top club.

- - - Updated - - -

also im glad you brought up Benatia. if he was the "problem" how come we didnt use him for book balancing issues, or as financial sacrifice to make Bonucci possible?
Maybe because no one wanted Benatia. Maybe because Benatia is better than Caldara now.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i dont know, our defense didnt look that much weaker to me compared to previous seasons (16/17 being the exception, when we also had Dani Alves and all 4 of our defenders + Buffon were in amazing form February to May).

also im glad you brought up Benatia. if he was the "problem" how come we didnt use him for book balancing issues, or as financial sacrifice to make Bonucci possible? or Rugani? Caldara was the worst choice to me as i see him having all the tools to become a top Cb in short time. also i dont buy that we couldnt get a Bonucci with 8M net wages off of a willing to let go Milan without giving them our most promising CB (also i wasnt that active during summer, so i dont know whether our management has addressed anything about this, so dont know what youre referring to), especially when we had the CF they wanted and LOANED him out to them. makes no sense to me no matter how you put it
I disagree. For large parts of last season our defense was atrocious but then again its hard to single them out for it when they were put under constant pressure by our general inability to keep the ball.

I never singled out benatia, all of our CBs looked poor at the same times and benatia was not in high demand unlike caldara. Once again, as far as caldara having all the tools to be a top CB in the future goes future is the key part. We are trying to win the CL now. This season or next. Current bonucci is an infinitely better option for that then a 21 y/o who looks promising for atalanta but has never played CL or for a top team in his life.

And selling caldara wasnt about bonucci it was about iirc. Look up the statement from the club on this. They did address why caldara left in a public statement. It did make sense, you just dont like it so are willfully blind to it.

And btw if caldara ever really is anywhere as good as people here seem to believe he is destined to be then where do you think he will go? He is italian so he will never go abroad and who is the only top team in italy? If he was ever worth the upset over him leaving then he will certainly be back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)