Lazio cash crisis solved (5 Viewers)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Lazio have avoided bankruptcy with an injection of £73m cash, but Roma's players are threatening to sue over unpaid wages.

"Our mission has been accomplished," said Vice-President Roberto Pessi as he left tonight's Board of Directors meeting. "Lazio are safe."

The Biancocelesti have been struggling to stay afloat since massive debts were discovered last summer.

Previous President Sergio Cragnotti has offered to sell his 14 per cent of shares in the club, while a series of investment banks today approved the increase in Capital.

The £73m will mainly go to clear debts, but will give Roberto Mancini around £10m spending money on the transfer market.

Their first targets will be Udinese midfielders Martin Jorgensen and David Pizarro, with a potential bid for Parma star Adrian Mutu.

It also paves the way for new investors into the Roman club. It's reported that Stefano Ricucci, Vittorio Merloni and Salvatore Ligresti are interested in buying shares.

Meanwhile, across the city a similar situation is developing that could plunge Roma into a financial crisis.

The 'ANSA' news service claims that Damiano Tommasi, acting on behalf of the entire squad, has threatened legal action over unpaid wages.

It is reported that Roma have still not handed over bonuses from last summer, while wages have not been paid since March.

The Players' Association has been informed and if the outstanding cash is not handed over by June 30 the stars would begin formal proceedings.

In these cases, if the club does not pay within three weeks the players can ask to tear up their contracts and become free agents.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    On Lazio: A--- fu*king- men!!! It's about time. So happy for them.

Looks like it's either one way or the other. Now Roma in a crisis? I really don't want this to happen to any club unlike others.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    it's always sad to hear that a club is in a financial crisis.

but sports isn't only about entertainment, it's also about business.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    I'm happy for them....They played with so much spirit in Serie A last year.

Lazio is the very few Italian teams that I don't hate (Well...how could I adore Juve's rivals??)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    In these cases, if the club does not pay within three weeks the players can ask to tear up their contracts and become free agents.
    :eek::extatic:

samuel e totti please :angel:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

The 'ANSA' news service claims that Damiano Tommasi, acting on behalf of the entire squad, has threatened legal action over unpaid wages.

In these cases, if the club does not pay within three weeks the players can ask to tear up their contracts and become free agents .
    This is just about the best news that I heard this summer.:D:devil:.

I give with Paolo Montero; Samuel and Totti, please...:lick:.
    Imagine Sensi having to take Moggi's bid for his most prized asset called Totti. This will make me happy for weeks!:D

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    Lazio seem to have signed Pizarro And Jorgensen. Great. Especially Jorgensen. He is great and was already hailed as the "New Nedved". Don't know much about Pizarro though.

Lazio also got the services of Brazilian defender Alberto. Anyone got info on him? Is he any good?

Lazio are the best :thumb: :cool:

Imagine.

--------------------Mutu---------------Corradi

Jorgensen(Cesar)----------Pizarro------------Stankovic----------Fiore

Mihaljovic-----------Stam-------------Alberto(Negro)-----------Oddo

--------------------------Peruzzi

Mutu is a maybe. We still got Lopez. He wants to go but maybe he will change his mind. I think Claudio is great. Don't forget Chiesa too. Simeone is there too.

We lost Liverani and Castroman though.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Don't expect to much from Martin Jørgensen. He's great, I like him... but he's always injured. He's been nicknamed Martin Glass Foot Jørgensen here in Denmark.

I think he'll have a hard time making the starting 11 if his spell of injuries continues.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    Always injured? Maybe his luck will change. Hopefully.

But other than the injuries. He is a great player right?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
    Liverani & Castroman are mentioned in the trenasfer deal for Muzzi & Jorgansen.

Mutu would Involve Giannichieda + Negro & cash.

Personally, I'm against second deal, especially because "cash" part would be substantial. It is way too early for Lazio to start spending, although Mutu is a great buy, without a doubt.

Mancini has 5 years to create a team and at the same time remain competitive. So Rather than only selling, Lazio will be buying this year too.

I just hope i wont see any more "cragnotti" type of deals......

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

:eek::extatic:

samuel e totti please :angel:
    Also Emerson ;)

Looks like Lazio is out of the crisi and Roma is going in...
    I know they are following Mutu, Mancini want him, but will be hard to get him, Lopez is doing anycase, if he will stay. Not so sure that Stam, Stankovic and Corradi will all stay.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    Dj, Liverani and Castroman were part of the deal for Jorgensen and Pizarro (Aca, not Muzzi ;) ).

Personally I would go for the Mutu deal. Lazio can win with a great team and bring in more revenue. Plus, I don't want to have to wait 5 years before I see Lazio win the Champion's League.

Mate, Mancini have confirmed that Lazio will be built around Stam and Stankovic.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Always injured? Maybe his luck will change. Hopefully.

But other than the injuries. He is a great player right?
    Sure... he's great. He's very creative and a great dribler/passer. His shot is not too bad either.

If his luck changes, he might just make it to the top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)