Lazio cash crisis solved (2 Viewers)

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    Fabio Liverani has plunged Lazio's move for David Pizarro and Martin Jorgensen into uncertainty by refusing to join Udinese.

The Biancocelesti agreed a swap deal with Udinese last week, handing over Liverani, Lucas Castroman and £5m cash in exchange for midfielders Pizarro and Jorgensen.

"I don't know who made this decision," he told Italian newspapers in a telephone interview from the Seychelles. "I certainly hope it wasn't Lazio."

The former Perugia midfielder is on his honeymoon and was seemingly unaware of negotiations reaching such an advanced stage.

In truth, Lazio also released a statement this week denying that the move was complete, despite the official Udinese website announcing the agreement.

"It certainly seems strange that talks have been concluded without me even knowing about it," added the 27-year-old.

"It's not the right way to go about the future of a football player. If this is the case I can quite happily tell you that I will not be moving to Udinese."

The Italian international has therefore thrown a spanner in the works of what looked to be a very profitable move for Lazio.

Liverani has struggled to make an impact since his move from Perugia, while bringing in Juventus and Inter targets Pizarro and Jorgensen would be quite a coup.

Brazilian winger Alberto is also included in the swap deal, but he would only arrive in Rome on loan.

Meanwhile, Lazio have also reportedly set their sights on Belgian international Wesley Sonck.

The 24-year-old was top scorer in the League last season with his club Racing Genk, hitting the back of the net 24 times.

Genk President Vassen revealed he had been approached for the striker and would be willing to sell as his contract expires next summer.

Sonck, who impressed for his country in the 2002 World Cup, would be available for just over £2m.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    Oh Man Liverani. Don't spoil this dream move.

Unless Udinese accepts a different player, like Gianncheddia (spelling), cause I do believe Liverani is an excellent player. Just needs to show it some time soon.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    Lazio general manager Luca Baraldi decided to react with ironic ways to the news that AC Milan want Jaap Stam.

"Galliani said he is targeting Stam? I am targetting Naomi Campbell, but it's not certain I'll get her," said Baraldi.

Earlier today Galliani admitted Milan were after Stam and Nakata in the same interview in which he revealed the 50 million Euro offer he received for Nesta.

Baraldi added that also Stankovic is staying with the Biancocelesti.

"We have imposed to ourselves that we will keep Stam and Stankovic. We said this, we'll do this."

Soccerage

-----------------------------

I like the come back. But I will be willing to trade Stam for Naomi :D

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #49
    According to Soccer Age, if Castroman agrees to go to Udinese Pizzaro is Lazio's for sure.

Also, Dabo moved to Rome. Is he good? What kind of player is he?

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #50
    A prominent San Marino family is prepared to take over the entire quota of Lazio shares.The huge revelation hit the news agencies late yesterday evening.

Ready to support this claim is businessman Ferdinando Anselmi who, together with lawyer Maurizio Riccardi, looks after the interests of the San Marino entrepreneurs.

"Unfortunately I am not authorized to reveal the name, as they don't care for the publicity. The people that I represent are serious", emphasizes Anselmi.

It is "a negotiation that has been ongoing for three months in a silent way. For some time we have already introduced guarantees to cover 110 million euro", reveals Anselmi "because we are looking to take over the club in its entirety". An important meeting is scheduled tomorrow to deliver further guarantees.

"The person who wants to make his way into Lazio", concludes the businessman, "is not a football fan, even if he [she] is beginning to understand the world of the football".

From Lazioworld.net

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #51
    okay I get the point, this is a juve forum, no one cares about lazio

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    :LOL: no..... i just don't know if the article is true and if it will really happen. So i diddn't say anything :D If it does then thats a gd thing :thumb::)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)