Last day of mercato: #FalcaON #FalcaOFF edition (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
you forgot Emanuelson-Balzaretti
Juventino[RUS];4681288 said:
Emanuelson, Romagnoli, Balzaretti
Emanuelson was bought to replace Bastos, so they are not counting him as a defender, eventhough he can cover if needed.

Balzaretti suffers from a serious injury and chances are big that he's going to retire now.

Romagnoli was loaned to Sampdoria.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im the only one that is quite happy to have ended the Mercato this way?.

Look it at the bright side guys!. We were dangerously close of losing Vidal and Pogba, and also we were close to signing rejects like Chicharito and Dennis. Falcao was never going to come here, because no matter what option, this move was going to cost millions. All the ones who believed he was going to come are naive as hell.

Now, we got to keep our 2 most impirtant players, we got 2 nice strikers in Morata and Coman, and Pereyra looks like an interesting purchase. IM especially happy that we didnt buy a 5th striker, because this means that now coman, gio and morata will all get minutes along the way. That makes me so happy.

And we avoided that bullet named CHICHARITO! :tuttosport: . This deal was going to break my dreams.

The ony sad thing is that we were not able to replace or sell Bonucci.

But who cares, Im quite happy indeed.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
All in all a decent mercato. None of our signings were established stars that could undoubtedly take us to another level. However I think Morata was a ripper signing and I reckon he's going to turn out to be our #1 striker for the foreseeable future.

Most of us acknowledge we missed a Giacherrini type player last season . Pererya will fill that void and is already a better player then Giach ever was. He's a good prospect. Romulo - another depth signing but he couldn't be worse than Isla's been. On what I saw from him last season he'll do heaps for us.

Coman is already looking the goods. Big props to Marotta and Paratici for finding these bargains. I think the best young talents are going to look at Coman and Pogba from now on and see Juve with a new appeal.

Two outright failures were not landing a class attacking mid and not finding a center-back to push out Bonucci. Our CM's are all relatively creative and dynamic with the ball though. Bonucci is going to continue to make fuck ups and I can see that hurting us in Europe. Hopefully we use four at the back compromised of Barzagli and Chiellini and we won't have to worry about that.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002

Look it at the bright side guys!. We were dangerously close of losing Vidal and Pogba, and also we were close to signing rejects like Chicharito and Dennis. Falcao was never going to come here, because no matter what option, this move was going to cost millions. All the ones who believed he was going to come are naive as hell.

Now, we got to keep our 2 most impirtant players, we got 2 nice strikers in Morata and Coman, and Pereyra looks like an interesting purchase. IM especially happy that we didnt buy a 5th striker, because this means that now coman, gio and morata will all get minutes along the way. That makes me so happy.

And we avoided that bullet named CHICHARITO! :tuttosport: . This deal was going to break my dreams.

You are not the only one buddy. Considering in net financial terms, this mercato is basically neutral, we have added depth and youth and potential to a squad that already secured record points in Serie A.

Its obviously not a champions league winning squad to be fair, but the team should do better in Europe and at least get to the knock outs at which time, we can look towards the January window and assess what we can do at that point in time.

Small safe steps rather than risky leaps is the way forward I guess.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:shifty: so marotta did a great job by failing to sign a player he wanted
I guess some see it as a step forward to try (and fail) to sign a good player and then not turn around and sign a mediocre player just for the sake of it. :boh:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
All in all a decent mercato. None of our signings were established stars that could undoubtedly take us to another level. However I think Morata was a ripper signing and I reckon he's going to turn out to be our #1 striker for the foreseeable future.

Most of us acknowledge we missed a Giacherrini type player last season . Pererya will fill that void and is already a better player then Giach ever was. He's a good prospect. Romulo - another depth signing but he couldn't be worse than Isla's been. On what I saw from him last season he'll do heaps for us.

Coman is already looking the goods. Big props to Marotta and Paratici for finding these bargains. I think the best young talents are going to look at Coman and Pogba from now on and see Juve with a new appeal.
which deal was a bargain?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess some see it as a step forward to try (and fail) to sign a good player and then not turn around and sign a mediocre player just for the sake of it. :boh:

but he did try to sign him

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If that player is Falcao, then theres no shame in that. We cannot compete in that league period.
And i prefer to end the mercato like this, instead of bringing a last minute anelka or Osvaldo just for the sake of it.

Which player you think we should have bought?. Just a question.

Jul 20, 2012
This mercato was pretty good in my opinion. The signings of Morata and Coman are probably the two best ones. They are two players that have the potential to explode and isn't that what we wanted? Players that we can establish into world class since we can't sign world class players? I'm looking forward to seeing how Allegri uses these players.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If that player is Falcao, then theres no shame in that. We cannot compete in that league period.
And i prefer to end the mercato like this, instead of bringing a last minute anelka or Osvaldo just for the sake of it.

Which player you think we should have bought?. Just a question.
I'm not entirely sure because I don't know what Juve's plans are in terms of systems this season.

I also haven't seen Coman play yet and I don't know if Pepe still has anything left to offer.

Wouldn't have been doing anything big.

Might have looked into the possibility of letting Pepe leave and signing Gabbiadini, or something along those lines.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

were we really though? I was more concerned as to whether we'd actually flog quagliarella once and for all.

Any how that said I don't really feel like we've added to the team in any great deal in terms of over all quality and that is the disappointing part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)