Lapo time (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
He says that he wants to see the old Juve. He also says that its not acceptable to loose after CL exit and he wants to see the fighting spirit of the old days.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
He is invested in the club by blood. Thats enough for me. His brother pretty much owns the club...He has as much Right as we do, to voice his dissatisfaction with the current state of things. and is echoing what the vast majority of juventini are feeling presently. I doubt very much he has ANY say about what actually happens at the club. Sure John may listen, but with patience rather than eagerness to seriously absorb his brother's passionate pleas for change. I don't think John is an interested in Passion. Whereas Lapo most definitely is...

Jul 2, 2006
passion's unit of measure = :money:

i don't interest if he has a juve tattoo and attending the games. we need a investor like our enemies' presidents. if there is no investor in italy, there will be plenty of foreign investors. if they are interested with freaking chelsea and manchester city they will jump on the opportunity. don't come up with agnelli blood think, they have already betrayed Agnelli's trust when they didn't give a shit, while we were going to serie b. they could stop it in legal or illegal ways.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
passion's unit of measure = :money:

i don't interest if he has a juve tattoo and attending the games. we need a investor like our enemies' presidents. if there is no investor in italy, there will be plenty of foreign investors. if they are interested with freaking chelsea and manchester city they will jump on the opportunity. don't come up with agnelli blood think, they have already betrayed Agnelli's trust when they didn't give a shit, while we were going to serie b. they could stop it in legal or illegal ways.
You are letting yourself down, fella...making mistakes due to inexperience in running a football club is not the same as willful betrayal. We got out of Serie B at the first time of asking, with ease. We were forced to clean out the board and related staff after calcipoli. Yes, the appointments made were not the best. But we got back up to Serie A, and even with ranieri and less than ideal signings, we made it to 3rd, then 2nd. Last summer we spent Big, on two players especially we ALL felt would vastly improve our potential.

I see no betrayal. or lack of regard for the club. And I for one, and hopefully many, prefer the club to retain its very italian heritage and roots, rather than sell out to a rich arab or russian oligarch.

You question Lapo's passion for the club, because he hasn't invested his own pennies into the business??? How rich do you think he is??? He loves the club, as much as you or I, probably more, as it has been a part of his life since he was born. He is tied to the club by blood, as is his brother, who is also tied by massive financial interests.

They did give a shit when we were in Serie B. John has other interests to attend to than solely Juventus. he is very high up in a massive investment company which controls Juve as well as myriad of other companies... Before calciopoli, it was fine to leave Bettega and Moggi to keep the ship sailing proud and safely. But after that, we brought in eager but less technically gifted people to do their jobs...

Jul 2, 2006
You are letting yourself down, fella...making mistakes due to inexperience in running a football club is not the same as willful betrayal. We got out of Serie B at the first time of asking, with ease. We were forced to clean out the board and related staff after calcipoli. Yes, the appointments made were not the best. But we got back up to Serie A, and even with ranieri and less than ideal signings, we made it to 3rd, then 2nd. Last summer we spent Big, on two players especially we ALL felt would vastly improve our potential.
I wasn't asking for best but it should not be worst. a yes man, a tennis organizer and a bellboy. This is an insult.

We made it to 3rd then 2nd. if we made it with ranieri and worst signings we could ever made that shows we could win serie a with some decent judgement. i agree about summer signings, even though we overpaid a bit they are quality players. But problem is that our pawn of directors decided to keep Ferrara. What did they expect from a trainee when they hire him as manager Juventus. another guardiola? somebody should remind them we have tiago instead of xavi and grygera instead of dani alves. Deschamps, Ranieri then Ferrara, it's getting worse as you can see. They are not willing to pay more than 1 million € for a manager but we just lost 15 million € when we knocked out from champions league. treachery, clownery, whatever you call it.

I see no betrayal. or lack of regard for the club. And I for one, and hopefully many, prefer the club to retain its very italian heritage and roots, rather than sell out to a rich arab or russian oligarch
letting us down to serie b=betrayal. it can't be more clear. they could protect us in same way how berlusconi protected milan and bought them a cl ticket, cl trophy at then end.

You question Lapo's passion for the club, because he hasn't invested his own pennies into the business??? How rich do you think he is??? He loves the club, as much as you or I, probably more, as it has been a part of his life since he was born. He is tied to the club by blood, as is his brother, who is also tied by massive financial interests.
Heir of Agnelli family, owner of roughly biggest company in italy. most probably richer than massimo moratti.

They did give a shit when we were in Serie B. John has other interests to attend to than solely Juventus. he is very high up in a massive investment company which controls Juve as well as myriad of other companies... Before calciopoli, it was fine to leave Bettega and Moggi to keep the ship sailing proud and safely. But after that, we brought in eager but less technically gifted people to do their jobs...
you can find more than 1 billion people who are eager but less technically gifted. this can't be an excuse. they were able to hire capable directors but they simply didn't give a shit.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Honestly the last thing that we can blame the owners about is the lack of :money:. They've been pretty generous if we're gonna compare our team today to the old Juve.

When was the last time the club have spent around 80 million euros in 2-3 seasons without selling anyone in return? (we actually have spent 140 millions but considering that we've sold some of our players for 60-65 mil during the calciopoli period then 140-60=80 mil)

Plus considering the state of italian football right now (lack of cash generated) and the financial disastor in the world. We can easilly say that they've been pretty generous.

I would blame the owners for hiring the wrong people to do the job (thats for sure) but not the lack of cash....

Jul 2, 2006
Honestly the last thing that we can blame the owners about is the lack of :money:. They've been pretty generous if we're gonna compare our team today to the old Juve.

When was the last time the club have spent around 80 million euros in 2-3 seasons without selling anyone in return? (we actually have spent 140 millions but considering that we've sold some of our players for 60-65 mil during the calciopoli period then 140-60=80 mil)

Plus considering the state of italian football right now (lack of cash generated) and the financial disastor in the world. We can easilly say that they've been pretty generous.

I would blame the owners for hiring the wrong people to do the job (thats for sure) but not the lack of cash....
what we spent is club's money not their investment, buddy.

couldn't they hire a proper manager and a full back who can actually kick a ball? I don't ask them spend 40-50 million € per season like cuntface but we obviously needed some extra help from our owners when we returned to serie a. lack of cash is indeed a problem since farsopoli and idiotic buys like almiron didn't make it any easy for us.

do you know how much we spend for our defence line?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
what we spent is club's money not their investment, buddy.

couldn't they hire a proper manager and a full back who can actually kick a ball? I don't ask them spend 40-50 million € per season like cuntface but we obviously needed some extra help from our owners when we returned to serie a. lack of cash is indeed a problem since farsopoli and idiotic buys like almiron didn't make it any easy for us.

do you know how much we spend for our defence line?
I know 5 millions :wallbang:. But the owners have actually made the money available for the management to spend. And thats where the real problem is "the management".

Its absalutely blows my mind to think that we actually have signed 7 CM/DM's for around 75 millions yet we've barely have spent 15 millions on defence (including the Andrade's deal = 10 mil).

We're finding ourselves in a fucked up situation right now thanks to the management brilliant work for the past 3 seasons. Like i've said, the Real mistake that the owners have done is hiring those people in the first place (huge mistake)....

Apr 17, 2009
Bettega set for Juve return

Juventus are ready to announce the sensational return of Roberto Bettega as a director at the club.

Bettega was a member of the infamous Triad, but emerged from the 2006 Calciopoli scandal largely unscathed.

He was kept on at the club for the remainder of his contract, only for the board to decide not to renew it at the end of Juventus's first season in Serie B back in 2007.

The decision drew criticism from the fans who felt Bettega had been treated unfairly by the new board, which, they allege, didn't understand his importance to the club.

Bettega made 326 appearances for Juventus between 1970 and 1983, scoring 129 goals.

His re-entry is a stunning u-turn by the board, which now really has need of his expertise, especially in the transfer market.

While his role has yet to be defined, it's thought he will give technical support both to Ciro Ferrara and Alessio Secco, the much-criticised 38-year-old director of sport.

The board's decision is thought to have been influenced by events last month when a court in Turin absolved Bettega and Juventus of “administrative doping” under the Triad.

http://www.football-italia.net/dec15g.html

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
"Lapo Elkann He also talked, interviewed by Sky Tg24 "In the last two games, the Juve was horrifying. This team would not like my grandfather, who was a winner by nature," said the scion of the house Agnelli. "Juventus has a great story and needs to restart as it should - continued Lapo Elkann -. The last two games did not come from Juve, are from the team that has a coat like that Juve. It is time that the players gave a move. It is not acceptable exit from the Champions League against Bayern to three days after the victory against Inter. It is not acceptable to lose 3-1 at Bari as happened last night. I wish there was a cold shower for those who duty in the locker room. I'd like to see a team fighting and fucking. A team more compact. Until proven otherwise, so far have certainly not proven. It is not acceptable to continue in this way. "
i know it's just words.. but, damn we need this spirit..!!

guyz.. i read in an arabic football site (trusted) that bettega and hiddink are coming at the end of the season..!! with a revolution to the club.. any one can confirm this..?? i can translate the page later.. but just want a quick response on this..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)