Lapo time (1 Viewer)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Lapo would make a good president because he is outgoing and speaks his mind?

You need some1 responsible and business savy to run a club of Juventus' size, and I fail to see how Lapo meets either of those criteria.

Mitico12

The JUVEnATOR
Nov 25, 2009
The problem is that this team is not built for success. It is built to appease business interests and superficial fans who just want to see "on the surface" progress.

Judging by the "tame" reactions in the press thus far about today's loss by upper management (Blanc, Secco, etc.), you should realize that winning is NOT in the Juve DNA anymore.

This loss is a microcosm of Juve's woes thus far. We have management that doesn't breed a "winning attitude," and continues to acquire the wrong personnel for the job.

Ciro Ferrara is simply a pupet fulfilling obligations for management (i.e. playing Melo over Poulsen, etc.) He's much like what Obama is to the Bildeberg Group- a puppet.

For example, Fabio Grosso isn't worthy for the reserve team. He is a "has-been", and needs to go. Any good management would have seen this coming before acquiring him, regardless of the price. He's a liability.

Fabio Cannavaro...although he puts in more effort than Grosso, he's still not at the caliber of a top 5 defender. He needs to hang up the boots.

Melo= inconsistent and lazy. Just a bad overall pick. He is the equivalent of Adriano...lazy and selfish.

Diego= not built for our kind of formation. Bad acquisition from the point of view of not being able to successfully compliment our existing roster.

Amauri/Trezeguet= can't be successful with our wingers and defensive backs. They rely on head balls, and we don't get enough balls in the air for them.

Cammoranesi= relegate him to a provincial club like Palermo or Napoli. He's done...

What [GOOD MANAGMENT would have done:

1. Kept Palladino
2. Kept Criscito
3. Kept Nocerino (in favor of acquiring Poulsen)
4. Kept Balzaretti
5. Given Lanzafame a decent try
6. Given Almiron more than two games to prove himself
7. Gone after Pandev (in favor of Melo)
8. Have acquired John Arne Riise two years ago
9. Gone after a bonafide center back

And the list goes on...

Blanc and Secco are the plague of our team, and until they decide to stay home and play FIFA 10, we will suffer...mark my words...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The problem is that this team is not built for success. It is built to appease business interests and superficial fans who just want to see "on the surface" progress.

Judging by the "tame" reactions in the press thus far about today's loss by upper management (Blanc, Secco, etc.), you should realize that winning is NOT in the Juve DNA anymore.

This loss is a microcosm of Juve's woes thus far. We have management that doesn't breed a "winning attitude," and continues to acquire the wrong personnel for the job.

Ciro Ferrara is simply a pupet fulfilling obligations for management (i.e. playing Melo over Poulsen, etc.) He's much like what Obama is to the Bildeberg Group- a puppet.

For example, Fabio Grosso isn't worthy for the reserve team. He is a "has-been", and needs to go. Any good management would have seen this coming before acquiring him, regardless of the price. He's a liability.

Fabio Cannavaro...although he puts in more effort than Grosso, he's still not at the caliber of a top 5 defender. He needs to hang up the boots.

Melo= inconsistent and lazy. Just a bad overall pick. He is the equivalent of Adriano...lazy and selfish.

Diego= not built for our kind of formation. Bad acquisition from the point of view of not being able to successfully compliment our existing roster.

Amauri/Trezeguet= can't be successful with our wingers and defensive backs. They rely on head balls, and we don't get enough balls in the air for them.

Cammoranesi= relegate him to a provincial club like Palermo or Napoli. He's done...

1. Kept Palladino
2. Kept Criscito
4. Kept Balzaretti
5. Given Lanzafame a decent try
7. Gone after Pandev (in favor of Melo)
8. Have acquired John Arne Riise two years ago
9. Gone after a bonafide center back

And the list goes on...

Blanc and Secco are the plague of our team, and until they decide to stay home and play FIFA 10, we will suffer...mark my words...
What the hell, Nocerino, Balza, Lanzafame, Palladino, Almiron, Riise!!!?

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
mitico you're crazy..almiron, nocerino, balza are flops. Why to buy another tired legend such as riise? look at him shining at roma. palla didn't had the space, hell i wouldn't take him for free now, when i have a young gun that scored everytime he had a shot at primavera (immobile)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
If Bettega was still in the club I wouldn't mind lapo. He never should have left in the first place. It was only Moggi and Giraudo that were "implicated". They could have used his experience.

Mitico12

The JUVEnATOR
Nov 25, 2009
mitico you're crazy..almiron, nocerino, balza are flops. Why to buy another tired legend such as riise? look at him shining at roma. palla didn't had the space, hell i wouldn't take him for free now, when i have a young gun that scored everytime he had a shot at primavera (immobile)
Riise would have been a solid pick-up. He's got a cannon of a shot and he works somewhat hard on defense in comparison to Grosso. Grosso blows. Plain and simple. Do I have to say it in Chinese for everyone to understand???? He sucks!

Almiron was a waste, but heck, if they're willing to give Melo 20 games to prove himself, why not do the same with an investment such as Almiron back in the day?

Balzaretti a bust? Hmmmmm, have you seen guys the likes of Zebina, Boumsong, Mellberg, Grosso...? Balzaretti would at least saved us money and done the same chop-chop job on the flank.

Nocerino played well while in Torino. Nothing to say there against him. Was he a world class player, no. Is Poulsen a world class player? No. Thank you very much.

At this point, I'm not at all against trying Chiellini at left back in favor of Grosso. Start Cannavaro and LeGrottaglie a center back, while putting Carceres on the right. At least we know Chiellini can track back.

This team needs a major shakeup, and perhaps starting players OUT OF ROLE instead of starting players in their designed roles would give people a stern kick in the azz...Example, Chiellini at left back in favor of Grosso

Injury or not, perhaps starting Manninger over Buffon (not taking anything away from GiGi) would signal the team that no one is immune from being benched.

Ideas?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

1. Kept Palladino

And the list goes on...
That list makes me wonder if you honestly know bad players from good ones, however. :shifty:

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I cannot blame the current squad at all, a good coach makes the best out of each player, and Ferrara failed to make anything out of the brazilians so far except for Roma's game
Look at Prandelli and Gasperini, they achieve much with a much weaker squad than us, it's a matter of experience

Palladino, Nocerino, Almiron, Poulsen... add any names you like, they're all the same and none of them has the "winning" mentality

From all our current players I'd pick Buffon, Chiellini, Caceres, Marchisio, Gio, Diego and Criscito for the future, and buy a whole new team like Perez did
as for the rest some MUST be sold and some can make good subs, and a few as DP, Camo and David gotta stay to keep the team's spirit, but not to depend on them

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My god... we would not have made it past Haifa if we fielded Palladino, Nocerino, Almiron, etc....

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I would have killed myself before the game to save myself from the embarrassment of seeing all of them in a Juve shirt.

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
I cannot blame the current squad at all, a good coach makes the best out of each player, and Ferrara failed to make anything out of the brazilians so far except for Roma's game
Look at Prandelli and Gasperini, they achieve much with a much weaker squad than us, it's a matter of experience

Palladino, Nocerino, Almiron, Poulsen... add any names you like, they're all the same and none of them has the "winning" mentality

From all our current players I'd pick Buffon, Chiellini, Caceres, Marchisio, Gio, Diego and Criscito for the future, and buy a whole new team like Perez did
as for the rest some MUST be sold and some can make good subs, and a few as DP, Camo and David gotta stay to keep the team's spirit, but not to depend on them
add to that sissoko

like the dutch commentators (Guus Hiddink and Mario Been) yesterday said juventus need to get rid of tho old and create a new team. That's the only way we will get up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)