La Liga (5 Viewers)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Real Madrid v Real Betis (Santiago Bernabeau, Feb 9th 2003)

Probable Lineup:

Real Madrid (4-4-2):
Cassilas, R.Carlos, I.Helguera, F.Hierro, Minambres,
Zidane, Flavio, Cambiasso, Figo,
Raul, Ronaldo

Subs: Cesar, McManaman, Morientes, Portillo, Solari, Pavon

Coach: Vicente Del Bosque

Real Betis (4-4-1-1):
Prats, Varela, Melli, Arzu, Luis Hernandez,
Joaquin, Assuncao, Canas, Denilson, Capi,
Casas

Subs: Gaspercic, Cesar, Fernando, Tais, Filipescu, Calado, Joao Tomas

Coach: Victor Fernandez

GO EL REAL! :star:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Anna, can you tell me why they loaned Raul Bravo? I thought he was good enough to play the occasional game? Who else do they have to cover for R. Carlos should he get injured? Not that that ever happens to him but why not speculate when one can..

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Anna, can you tell me why they loaned Raul Bravo? I thought he was good enough to play the occasional game? Who else do they have to cover for R. Carlos should he get injured? Not that that ever happens to him but why not speculate when one can..
Yeah, it's too bad that Madrid loan him, but I'm sorry I dunno why they did it, maybe he's so often on bench.
Btw, I hope Raul Gonzales will score....:)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Joan Gaspart has finally bowed to the unrelenting pressure and announced that he will resign as president of Barcelona on March 1.

He declared his intention to stand down at an Extraordinary General Meeting in Camp Nou and admitted that he had not done a good job as president.

The Catalan giants have failed to win a trophy on the football front since the hotelier took over from Josep Lluis Nunez in the summer of 2000.

"I have decided to leave the presidency on March 1," he explained. "I realise now that I was a good vice-president, but not a good president.

"My biggest error was to run for president, because as people know I did not want the position, but put forward my application because of the circumstances at that time.

"I do not blame anyone else, I took the decision to stand for the presidency. I should have remained where I was because I was very happy doing that.

"I believe that this move is the best decision for Barcelona.

"I will be with Barcelona until I die whether as vice president, president or as a member of the club."

Current vice president, Enric Reyna, will take over the running of the club until elections are held in June.

Gaspart has been hounded this season by the fans and media alike, after Barca slumped to their worst ever start to a league campaign.

soccerage.com

Well, it was about time. Poor Barça, everything is falling apart :undecide: I'm wondering how it'll end for them this season ...

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
----------------------------- Westerveld -----------------------------
---- Puyol ------- Coloccini ----------- Ayala ------- R. Carlos ----
------------------------------------ ??ciambiasso--------------------
----- Figo/joaquin------------------------------------ Musampa
--------------------------------- Aimar/nihat --------------------------
-----------------Makaay----------------- Kovacevic ----------------

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Madrid won 4-1! :extatic:
Raul finally scored after a few weeks couldn't get any goal :touched:
Ronaldo...Phew, almost missed the penalty :D but then he could finished it well. But the man of the match was Zizou :angel: He play with his fantastic actions :cool:
Gerry Amstrong (ESPN Commentator) said that he's a master :) ....and I agree with him 100% :)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Next in La Liga match~ week 24, Real Madrid v Alaves. It's time to take the 1st place, El Real!!!:star:
Ivan Helguera will meet his bro Luis Helguera...:touched:

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #312
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    Next in La Liga match~ week 24, Real Madrid v Alaves. It's time to take the 1st place, El Real!!!:star:
    Ivan Helguera will meet his bro Luis Helguera...:touched:
    Well we do know they will concede the first goal , honestly I do not understand them at all besides Raul needs to be dropped/rested whatever, its time to start to play Morientes or Guti as Raul is not having the best of seasons and missing uncharatersically chances he should tuck away in his sleep

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Dennis, the problem is "El Real" is "too big" to drop players who are underperforming, just look at Ron playing all the time ever since he got there. It's a big problem as sometimes they are not in good form but still on the pitch non stop. Zidane has had a bad period, Raul has had a dry spell and Ron is only starting to deliver now.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    As long as the problem didn't influence the team's performance, it wouldn't be a problem. Del Bosque is such a great coach, no matter how hard the problem is or the internal conflict (especially after Ronnie's coming, the problem with Moro and so on) He has proven that Real Madrid is still Real Madrid, one of the best team in Europe :) Hope everything goes well for Madrid :)
    Madridista must be greatful of what the coach doing for their team ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)