La Liga 2020-21 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Oct 22, 2009
Frankly, Real are in the worse situation than us. Kroos and Modric need to be replaced soon, Hazard has flopped and seems injury prone. Militao isn't replacing Ramos anytime soon and Jovic will look likely be shown the door after his loan spell. Those Brazilian wonder kids also don't seem quite ready to lead the attack anytime soon.
Agreed with everything you just said. There is no way they are going back to those dominating years. You can't have golden generations after golden generations. Real and Barcelona gonna spend atleast 5-6 good years trying to assemble WC team again. And when they do, CR and Messi level players ar not gonna be there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Agreed with everything you just said. There is no way they are going back to those dominating years. You can't have golden generations after golden generations. Real and Barcelona gonna spend atleast 5-6 good years trying to assemble WC team again. And when they do, CR and Messi level players ar not gonna be there.
RM already have that. They just need some older players like Kroos, Modric, Marcelo, Benzema etc to finally move on. The talent they have on their team is incredible already and you know they're getting both Mbappe and Haaland in the next year or two.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
They don't have to be that level, other teams don't have them either, although it is still too early for Mbappe. What he accomplished so early, he's the closest thing to both of them and has a chance to go to RM/Barca level club earlier than either of them.

(Ofc I know Messi grew up at Barca but he wasn't a a first team player until he was 20 I think. Mbappe has a WC and more goals than either of them I think at 22)

Prototype

Oct 22, 2009
I see more hunger and desire in Haaland in terms of improving one self for greater/succesfull career. In FM terms, determination and work rate is on Haaland side. Mbappe won alot in young years, already very accomplished, rich, famous... I doubt that he will go Wayne Rooney destructive path, but i m not sure his ever gonna have that crazy hunger for succes. But could easily be wrong, time will tell.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
RM already have that. They just need some older players like Kroos, Modric, Marcelo, Benzema etc to finally move on. The talent they have on their team is incredible already and you know they're getting both Mbappe and Haaland in the next year or two.
Both of them? Doubt it tbh.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Both of them? Doubt it tbh.
We'll see. When Perez starts to feel pressure he is not afraid to spend. Already reports after last night Zidane is gone at the end of the season and many changes are coming. 200m for Mbappe this summer is not too hard for them. Then next season Haaland's clause kicks in and they can get him for 75m.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What Spain did (and I hope Italy never does) is make top clubs play single-leg Copa matches Away.

Great for neutrals and underdogs.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Had no idea Atletico was having such a good season. 47 points in 18 matches. Win their next one before the halfway point and they are on pace for 100 pts.

I don’t particularly like Simeone, but what he has consistently done there is very impressive

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
How isn’t this a massive violation of every UEFA financial rule and regulation?
Seems like Barca were hiding their wage bill. God knows what other crimes were committed- money laundering, tax evasion, fraud.
One thing is for sure, if Juventus did this, the club would be dissolved for eternity.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
How isn’t this a massive violation of every UEFA financial rule and regulation?
Seems like Barca were hiding their wage bill. God knows what other crimes were committed- money laundering, tax evasion, fraud.
One thing is for sure, if Juventus did this, the club would be dissolved for eternity.
it's not their wage bill, only one player's contract. their revenue surpassed 1bn recently (covid obviously hit them hard), one player with over 100m net theoretically just could fit in there. ffp wise they might be okay.

no player is worth this much, so there might be a reason for this. money laundering might not be a bad guess

if these numbers are accurate, that is

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The amount they were generating in revenue they should never have been in this position.

Messi looks to have held them to ransom, and it does make you wonder who was calling the shots when it came to transfers. They spent so much money on players (who mostly flopped) and big salaries thay even if they had won the CL 5 times in a row they would still have had to sell players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)