La Liga 2020-21 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
it's not their wage bill, only one player's contract. their revenue surpassed 1bn recently (covid obviously hit them hard), one player with over 100m net theoretically just could fit in there. ffp wise they might be okay.

no player is worth this much, so there might be a reason for this. money laundering might not be a bad guess

if these numbers are accurate, that is
I don’t know man. They did some really shady stuff with the Paulinho and Neymar Transfers too. Football clubs should be forced to disclose their financial results publicly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
When u think about it, Messi's greed is the reason Barca have financial problems. Del Piero signed a blank contract for his last one in comparison. Messi could be the reason they could go bankrupt

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Messi has been toxic since 2015.
Barca are pussies for holding on to him even after he communicated that he wanted to leave. It was Barca's choice to make him bigger than the club and they are paying a hefty price for it.

- - - Updated - - -

When u think about it, Messi's greed is the reason Barca have financial problems. Del Piero signed a blank contract for his last one in comparison. Messi could be the reason they could go bankrupt
They could have let go off 'greedy' Messi last summer and could have taken a huge burden off their finances. But they dint. How's Messi to blame here?
Barca thought they won a power battle by holding onto to an ageing Messi against his wishes but reality is they shot themselves in the foot with this move.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Well they have made a lot of stupid decisions (excluding Messi's astronomical contracts and keeping him hostage) and eventually it caught up to them.

Apart from the Messi situation they overspent so much money on bang average player or flops and this has been going on for years.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
So help me out here, but isn’t a player’s contract public knowledge? I’ve always understood that a player’s contract is merely his wages multiplied by the length of his contract.

Why is Barca pissed at his reveleation then?

Or is a contract supposed to include items above and beyond mere wages? If yes, i would be interested in seeing what Cristiano’s contract is worth. Surely it won’t be too far behind Messi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hazard injured for weeks again. He's been a massive flop signing. Bale did win the CL for them at least, but otherwise you would say these two have been hugely expensive flops for them. There is also no way that Spurs will be signing him permanently, he can't even get in the team and Mourinho doesn't like him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Hazard injured for weeks again. He's been a massive flop signing. Bale did win the CL for them at least, but otherwise you would say these two have been hugely expensive flops for them. There is also no way that Spurs will be signing him permanently, he can't even get in the team and Mourinho doesn't like him.
saw a post this morning on twitter stating hazard had more injuries (10) than goals+assists combined (9) for real

not sure how accurate these numbers are. 100m + massive wages down the drain anyway

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Jovic, Hazard, Brazilian kids, Militao, none of them turning out as expected(although the kids still have time I guess). People praised Madrid for keeping a healthy balance sheet in these past few years but their mercato moves have largely been poor. They're still relying on their oldies to bail them out. No wonder they're just as bad if not worse than Barca.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Jovic, Hazard, Brazilian kids, Militao, none of them turning out as expected(although the kids still have time I guess). People praised Madrid for keeping a healthy balance sheet in these past few years but their mercato moves have largely been poor. They're still relying on their oldies to bail them out. No wonder they're just as bad if not worse than Barca.
That's a bit exaggerated. No one have done worse business than Barcelona.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Their transfer dealings have been awful. €500m spent since Ronaldo left and only the keeper Courtois or maybe Mendy have been good signings who play regularly. I think Rodrygo might end up being a player but Vinicius seems like a lolzilian, another Denilson maybe.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fuck Real! They've their share of huge luck. Let them suffer as much as possible.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fuck Real! They've their share of huge luck. Let them suffer as much as possible.
How they replace their veterans will determine how competitive they are for a few years. I'm sure they'll go for prestige signings like Mbappe but it's just one player.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
What shit defending, how are they not last in the table? It almost makes me legitimately mad, no one even bothered to look like they were going to cover him :howler:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)