La Liga 2020-21 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Naah, they play shitty reactive football.
Do you not think Real and Barca having double the wage bill has more to do with it? Hence being able to afford much higher quality players and retain their best. While Atletico lose their best players every other year. I feel that has more to do with them not winning the league than their "shitty reactive football".

The only reason we even talk about them possibly winning the Liga or CL is because Simeone has been a serial overachiever with them. He deserves enormous credit for consistently overachieving and making us talk about Atletico almost at the same vein as Real and Barca. Atletico's management recognized that and have made him the highest paid coach in the world, deservedly so IMO.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Based on titles it's Del Bosque. But he's underrated for some reason.
Based on titles it's Del Bosque. But he's underrated for some reason.
del Bosque is great, no doubt. But he managed the galacticos Real Madrid and tiki taka Spain. I think his best quality is his ability to manage egos. Kinda like Phil Jackson in basketball.

but Simeone has been over performing with Atletico. Lost two CL finals to last minute goals by RM, that was unfortunate as fuck.

May 23, 2013
del Bosque is great, no doubt. But he managed the galacticos Real Madrid and tiki taka Spain. I think his best quality is his ability to manage egos. Kinda like Phil Jackson in basketball.

but Simeone has been over performing with Atletico. Lost two CL finals to last minute goals by RM, that was unfortunate as fuck.
Madrid's only goal in their second final was offside as well. Really unfortunate for Atletico, they had a magnificent run to the final that season koing MSN Barca and peak Guaordiola Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)