"La Juve ha preferito Del Piero" - Miccoli (14 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
So thats 12 goals in 24 matches from open play ;)
Which is a goal every other game, no? Isn't that good for a support striker? And imo it's unfair to subtract the penos because DP wins alot of those penos. I know for a fact that he won two of them.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #103
    I guess there are just a lot of people here who hate Del Piero. Yes, I'm thinking of you Tom. They just can't see the good things he has done.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #108
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    OK, he was very good. But not brilliant. Let's do a compromise.
    Well he had brilliant moments and he had less brilliant ones. And if you're going to compare him to the Del Piero of '98, then no he didn't have a brilliant season.

Aug 26, 2003
    i think everybody knows how Del Piero can be! ok he maybe didn't show it last season but the whole team sucked!!

IMo he also had a fine 2002 and 2003 season, how many times has Del PIero saved our asses??

When he is on field and he shows not everything he could everybody is criticize him, you also have to mention that Del Piero is a player that gets tackled very hard! And when he is not on the field everybody crys for him, cause something is missing, Juve on Del PIero can't work IMO!!

you also have consider his assist and good freekicks, and penaltys are very important as some of you think they are not so important (IMO it is one of the most important things, cause it shows class of the player and his able to take on the pressure other players can't), when some players would have kicked better penaltys Juve had won the CL!!!

and the situation with Miccoli bad, and I liked him very much, but to think that he would be chosen over Del Piero is just rediculous! IMO this question should never had come to the earth!

but to replace a player it needs lot more than an player like Miccoli!! Platini, Baggio, Del Piero, and Miccoli is surely not on their stage, and surely he is no more talent he is no 18, he is 25!!

i hope you don't understand me wrong cause I like Miccoli, but Del Piero is more important for Juve!

forza juve

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Next to Nedved he was our best player which is very good considering that Pavel was the best player in Europe that season.
    ehm i think that buffon was our second best and thuram our third and not forget zambrotta and davids. del piero was good at real madrid but further more he was just average

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
    Well, maybe not Juve's heart. I think Juve'd survive without him, but I find him a great player and I always will. And it's my personal judgement, I ain't gonna change.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeannette ] ++
    Technique.

Penalty taking is an important skill as well, we all saw Bekham at Euro'04.
    What's wrong with Miccoli's penalty taking? The man's cool enough to score 3 in a row, IIRC Del Piero missed his second penalty when ordered to take it again. Not to take away from Del Piero at all, I think he's the best penalty taker in the world... but I don't really see what Miccoli is so sorely lacking compared to Del Piero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)