L' Angolo del nuovo manager...lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
We're not aspiring to be Chelsea, are we? Or Napoli? Or Empoli?

Titles do tell a lot and I just can't see Agnelli giving our squad keys to someone who has never won anything outside EL with Chelsea (who had the best player in the Premier League) and telling him to win the CL next.

if you're after CLs you get the coaches most likely to do that for you.
Lol are you for real? If you coach Empoli or Juventus, you cant have the same demands. If Sarri is the coach of Juventus, then nothing else then titles is okey. But come on if you coach Empoli you cant demand titles, instead you try to have a positive season finishing in a safety place over relegation, in the same way players make a name for themself he did in Empoli.

Ofcourse the demands will be higher if he is a Juventus coach.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop being rational Elvis, it's not helpful to interrupt circle jerks :D
I will try haha :D, long time no see, do you still live in Uppsala?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
With the direction the club has been taking lately (the new home jersey and 3rd kit for example), I can see us going without a coach and instead being managed by polls taken from the Juventus Instagram page. Eventually we'll move our headquarters to Portland, Oregon and transfer the team to MLS.
nah not Portland but Oakland. Alameda County Coliseum will be vacant soon and the colors are similar. :weee:

think about it, right in the Bay Area a real football team would draw a massive crowd. Bernardeschi could finally live as Xir and Perin could join the Manson family.

Oakland Coliseum is a smoke free stadium too

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
Lol are you for real? If you coach Empoli or Juventus, you cant have the same demands. If Sarri is the coach of Juventus, then nothing else then titles is okey. But come on if you coach Empoli you cant demand titles, instead you try to have a positive season finishing in a safety place over relegation, in the same way players make a name for themself he did in Empoli.

- - - Updated - - -

What I mean is, you don't get a coach not used to winning any titles if what you're after is BIG titles.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

What about his demands at Napoli?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
nah not Portland but Oakland. Alameda County Coliseum will be vacant soon and the colors are similar. :weee:

think about it, right in the Bay Area a real football team would draw a massive crowd. Bernardeschi could finally live as Xir and Perin could join the Manson family.

Oakland Coliseum is a smoke free stadium too
This actually all makes sense to me

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I live in Valsätra, in a part that is regarded as Gottsunda. Living family life with 2 kids and soon a 3rd kid arriving, did you come to my weeding :D?. You know my wife is from somalia?
Ahh I live in Eriksberg so close to you :D

Nice! Congrats. No I didnt know my friend, I would have if I did (havent been to too many weddings). I been to only one Bosnian-somali wedding in Uppsala. Amin and Muna. Close family in latter.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Dont stare blind at titles. Sarri did a great job with Empoli ( no titles, maby he should have won Serie A with them) in Napoli he did great 90 points+ in a season almost winning the scudetto, nobody could demand that Napoli should win it, look at our budget and theirs.

In Chelsea results was good, Liverpool and City is in another leauge. 3rd place and winning EL is good.
I took the liberty to underline the key word here, as I feel it describes Sarri perfectly. The "I almost won this, I almost achieved that" coaches are more than okay for the "We are almost a top club and we are almost winning silverware" teams. Juventus is more than that and the club deserves more than a Sarri.

Also, you did the Tuz thing - twist some facts/statements and carefully choose some words to fit your agenda. By your statement you should also agree that Allegri almost won the Champions League twice, which is way more than almost winning the Serie A once. It feels strange for a Sarri supporter to point out things like budget sizes and having better teams who are in another league and rating his performance as good, but when it comes to Allegri same excuses like budget sizes and having better teams in another league doesnt count, he is labelled a failure for winning only everything possible in Italy and not in CL and people asked for his head.

I dont see a problem in admitting that every time we were defeated in CL we were defeated by a better team, this year included . Historically each one of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern M and Ajax is more successful than us in ECC/CL. Bar Ajax every club has bigger budget and with that is in another league, thanx to the management we managed to close that gap significantly. Yet people needed/wanted more and support a change just for the sake of changing, but that can easily backfire and could bring us real failure seasons, not like "failing to win a treble" seasons that we got used to under Allegri, a Napoli/Inter/Roma/Milan type of failure seasons.

Going from the world class coach Max Allegri to Maurizio "the almost" Sarri is an undeniable downgrade, no matter how "good" the latter did with his lesser clubs in his 30 years career as a manager.

He-Man

Mar 1, 2013
We are very close. Allegri also just before the decision said he has a contract and is not going anywhere unless they kick him out.
Not the same situation, but the same mind game.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I took the liberty to underline the key word here, as I feel it describes Sarri perfectly. The "I almost won this, I almost achieved that" coaches are more than okay for the "We are almost a top club and we are almost winning silverware" teams. Juventus is more than that and the club deserves more than a Sarri.

Also, you did the Tuz thing - twist some facts/statements and carefully choose some words to fit your agenda. By your statement you should also agree that Allegri almost won the Champions League twice, which is way more than almost winning the Serie A once. It feels strange for a Sarri supporter to point out things like budget sizes and having better teams who are in another league and rating his performance as good, but when it comes to Allegri same excuses like budget sizes and having better teams in another league doesnt count, he is labelled a failure for winning only everything possible in Italy and not in CL and people asked for his head.

I dont see a problem in admitting that every time we were defeated in CL we were defeated by a better team, this year included . Historically each one of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern M and Ajax is more successful than us in ECC/CL. Bar Ajax every club has bigger budget and with that is in another league, thanx to the management we managed to close that gap significantly. Yet people needed/wanted more and support a change just for the sake of changing, but that can easily backfire and could bring us real failure seasons, not like "failing to win a treble" seasons that we got used to under Allegri, a Napoli/Inter/Roma/Milan type of failure seasons.

Going from the world class coach Max Allegri to Maurizio "the almost" Sarri is an undeniable downgrade, no matter how "good" the latter did with his lesser clubs in his 30 years career as a manager.
Perfectly put

Unfortunately, #SarriBoyz will still put on the knee pads for their 3-pack-a-day messiah

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Momblano said "Pep had already signed an 80 page pre contract with Juve"
:boh:

We need to wait for the sentence, it's the only thing that makes sense
Either that or Sarri signs this week IMO
But the problem is we don't know when the sentence is.
What if another month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)