Kwadwo Asamoah (10 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
When you move on a free transfer, you get a higher salary. Simple as that.
But almost double? For an average player? no way jose, that's stupid money for a player that isn't going to take the club to a higher level.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I get when a player goes on a Bosman, they get a salary bump, but certainly not one of the highest earners there?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
But almost double? For an average player? no way jose, that's stupid money for a player that isn't going to take the club to a higher level.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I get when a player goes on a Bosman, they get a salary bump, but certainly not one of the highest earners there?
It might cause some tension in the squad with some players asking for a raise, that's true. But in terms of total cost, Asamoah is good value for money.

Don't forget that this is Inter. He'll improve their starting 11.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It might cause some tension in the squad with some players asking for a raise, that's true. But in terms of total cost, Asamoah is good value for money.

Don't forget that this is Inter. He'll improve their starting 11.
I agree he will improve the starting 11, that's a guarantee for them...but to a level that warrants a doubled salary? That's tough for me to digest. Khedira took a cut to come here, Barzagli was a slight raise I think and can't remember what Pirlo had at Milan...but here was on a 3.5m which I think was also a cut?

Those are much more important players than Asamoah but none of em coming here on a free doubled their salaries AND they added a lot more to the team than Asa ever would/could. :D

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
He will cost them 7 million per year, really it's a lot of money for an average player who is on the wrong side of his twenties. Buy a younger player and pay him less but maybe they want Asa's Juve DNA so he can transfer some of it to the Inter players and might win a trophy so are willing to pay for that magic DNA

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He will cost them 7 million per year, really it's a lot of money for an average player who is on the wrong side of his twenties. Buy a younger player and pay him less but maybe they want Asa's Juve DNA so he can transfer some of it to the Inter players and might win a trophy so are willing to pay for that magic DNA
Pretty much my thoughts as well. I get he will be an added benefit to Inter, he is a decent player but that's it. I'd spend 10-12m on someone younger (and a much lower salary) that can be there long term.

I see people are trying to draw parallels to Can being free and getting a raise to Asaomah doing the same. Huge difference that most should be able to recognize.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

why not? he's an established winner unlike most on Inters squad list and he's making a huge step down in terms of club quality. going from Juve to Inter is like going from Inter to China

Icardi and Perisič are great players, but apart from them I don't think anyone at Inter should be shocked to see Kwadwo making more money than them

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
why not? he's an established winner unlike most on Inters squad list and he's making a huge step down in terms of club quality. going from Juve to Inter is like going from Inter to China

Icardi and Perisič are great players, but apart from them I don't think anyone at Inter should be shocked to see Kwadwo making more money than them
Icardi and Perisic can actually contribute to winning games. Asa sorta just solidifies the backline/LB spot. Not a game changer for them like the two others. Won't contribute much at all to attack.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Icardi and Perisic can actually contribute to winning games. Asa sorta just solidifies the backline/LB spot. Not a game changer for them like the two others. Won't contribute much at all to attack.
yeah, that's why I said they clearly deserve to be paid more than Asa.

but him being among the highest earners there shouldn't be a surprise, because apart from those 2 Inter don't even have players that'd make it long term as backups at Juve

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
A young, much higher ceiling, much better player in Can making more makes a lot more sense than what a finished, wrong end of the career player like Asa will be making makes no sense.
5M for Can means hed be 4th best paid player at Juve. He shouldnt earn that much considering hes quite clearly not a top 5 player here

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
But almost double?
asa's market value is well above 10m. at 29/30, he's not old at all, he's got at least 3-4 good years ahead of him. let's suppose he could be sold for 10m in case he had a contract until 2020. it's not a stretch at all with the current market prices.

in case any club bought him for 10m, offered him a contract for 3 years and payed a salary of 2m for him, he'd cost that club 22m. (10m + 4m gross wages per years.)

now that he's a free agent, that club might spend all that budget for his salary. 22m/3=7,33m yearly cost, divided by two = 3,67m yearly net wages.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
asa's market value is well above 10m. at 29/30, he's not old at all, he's got at least 3-4 good years ahead of him. let's suppose he could be sold for 10m in case he had a contract until 2020. it's not a stretch at all with the current market prices.

in case any club bought him for 10m, offered him a contract for 3 years and payed a salary of 2m for him, he'd cost that club 22m. (10m + 4m gross wages per years.)

now that he's a free agent, that club might spend all that budget for his salary. 22m/3=7,33m yearly cost, divided by two = 3,67m yearly net wages.
Its not about that, hed gonna disturb their wage structure, same way Can would to us. Overpaying in wages is always worse than overpaying in transfer fee

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Parallels to Can do exist. It too would be:

"stupid money...for an average player...that isn't going to take the club (Juve) to a higher level" it too would be funny "when we have to overpay in wages to have mediocrity."

Do you even read what you write at times?

Top clubs aren't exactly lining up for him (if we ignore the rumored Bayern interest :howler:), he's now injured, and should be more than happy if a club like Juve is even interested in him.

He's young, i'll give him that.

In Asas case i'd argue he's been on quite the low wages anyway, so doubling sounds worse than it is imo.
It's a step down for him and probably his last major contract (except for maybe anoher year at China/MLS)
And he's gonna improve inter (more than Can would improve Juve)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Its not about that, hed gonna disturb their wage structure, same way Can would to us. Overpaying in wages is always worse than overpaying in transfer fee
Asa at 3.5m fits right in at the list below, I don't think it disturbs it much

Mauro Icardi €4.5m, Miranda & Ivan Perisic €3m, Joao Mario €2.7m, Marcelo Brozovic & Samir Handanovic €2.5m, Andrea Ranocchia €2.4m, Borja Valero & Antonio Candreva €2.2m, Joao Cancelo €2m, Eder €1.8m, Matias Vecino €1.7m, D’Ambrosio €1.6m, Roberto Gagliardini €1.5m, Yuto Nagatomo & Davide Santon €1.3m, Dalbert & Milan Skriniar €1.2m, Yann Karamoh €1m, Daniele Padelli & Andrea Pinamonti €0.5m, Tomasso Berni €0.2m, Zinho Vanheusden €0.1m.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Asa at 3.5m fits right in at the list below, I don't think it disturbs it much

Mauro Icardi €4.5m, Miranda & Ivan Perisic €3m, Joao Mario €2.7m, Marcelo Brozovic & Samir Handanovic €2.5m, Andrea Ranocchia €2.4m, Borja Valero & Antonio Candreva €2.2m, Joao Cancelo €2m, Eder €1.8m, Matias Vecino €1.7m, D’Ambrosio €1.6m, Roberto Gagliardini €1.5m, Yuto Nagatomo & Davide Santon €1.3m, Dalbert & Milan Skriniar €1.2m, Yann Karamoh €1m, Daniele Padelli & Andrea Pinamonti €0.5m, Tomasso Berni €0.2m, Zinho Vanheusden €0.1m.
It disturbs the list. He earns more than Miranda & Perisic already, who have been key pieces for years. Handanovic as well. Experienced players like him (Valero and Candreva) earn around 2M, Asa earned around that here as well.

Also, it not only disturbs their current wage structure, it sets the tone for the future. New signings + young players like Cancelo or Skriniar on their next extension will feel encouraged to demand more, because if you give 3.5M someone like Asa, you sure as hell will have to give at least the same to those guys. Atleast

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It disturbs the list. He earns more than Miranda & Perisic already, who have been key pieces for years. Handanovic as well. Experienced players like him (Valero and Candreva) earn around 2M, Asa earned around that here as well.

Also, it not only disturbs their current wage structure, it sets the tone for the future. New signings + young players like Cancelo or Skriniar on their next extension will feel encouraged to demand more, because if you give 3.5M someone like Asa, you sure as hell will have to give at least the same to those guys. Atleast
Valero and Candreva were decent players that came from mediocre clubs, Asamoah is a champion that will win his 6th straight Scudetti at Juve this season and then join them. And it's not like he's been an emergency choice all these years, in some of those campaigns he's played a really important part.

Perisič and Skriniar deserve a pay rise (frankly, they deserve better clubs regardless of wage) and I don't think they'll be content with whatever lowball offer Inter would've offered prior to giving Asa 3.5m

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Valero and Candreva were decent players that came from mediocre clubs, Asamoah is a champion that will win his 6th straight Scudetti at Juve this season and it's not like he's been an emergency choice all these years, in some of those campaigns he's played a really important part.
He was a starter in 2 of the early years only, and we won Serie A with De Ceglie starting the year before him, its not like he was some key contributor like Pirlo or Vidal were. Truth is, even in his prime he was never wc, and regressed a lot after the injury. Candreva is a very fair comparison actually, Lazios best player for a couple of years and a lock in Italys starting XI for years now. If im Candreva and Asamoah earns more than me, id demand a raise as well

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If they are almost doubling his salary in a team with low expectations, i can almost understand his motives. Yeh its inter, but in the end he is a proffesional and he has behaved well here.

If they want to offer that crazy money as wages for him, its understandable. Also he is a back up here, he will most likely be a starter, and could potentisally improve them a little.

Bad deal for Inter moneywise, good deal for Asa. He will finish his competitive years with a high salary for himself then retire to MLS or something :tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If they are almost doubling his salary in a team with low expectations, i can almost understand his motives. Yeh its inter, but in the end he is a proffesional and he has behaved well here.

If they want to offer that crazy money as wages for him, its understandable. Also he is a back up here, he will most likely be a starter, and could potentisally improve them a little.

Bad deal for Inter moneywise, good deal for Asa. He will finish his competitive years with a high salary for himself then retire to MLS or something :tup:
:tup:

Keywords: improve them a little.

A lot of money for a little improvement :baus:

Smart decision on Asa to cash in on their stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

He was a starter in 2 of the early years only, and we won Serie A with De Ceglie starting the year before him, its not like he was some key contributor like Pirlo or Vidal were. Truth is, even in his prime he was never wc, and regressed a lot after the injury. Candreva is a very fair comparison actually, Lazios best player for a couple of years and a lock in Italys starting XI for years now. If im Candreva and Asamoah earns more than me, id demand a raise as well
:agree:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If you're Candreva, all you can demand is mercy, another player with weak mentality. Starter or not, Asa was a winner here, that costs money. He's one of the best LBs in league moving for free, Candreva is an old underachiever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)