Kwadwo Asamoah (30 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He was offside, but that definitely was nice touch collecting the ball, a good burst of pace, and a great pass to Vidal :D

Other than that, not great. Tries that hesitation wide-drive move a lot, often ends with a low cross into a defenders shins.

Thing is, he's still the best we have there at the moment, and other than the fatigue/temporary idiocy on that third goal, he has been pretty solid on the defensive end. Would people prefer to start with DC, Caceres, or Giacch? This guy wasn't bought to play LWB, I highly doubt Conte envisions him there for the long term. Also, as people have mentioned, we really need more out of that right flank, would help in making the attack less predictable. If we're going to keep playing this formation, hopefully Isla is ready to take the rains over there soon.
Chiellini is 10 times better than him on the left.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
As a wing back? I don't agree with that, bud. I'm not a fan of Georgio's attack, clumsy on the ball, ultimately a ton of misplaced/back passes. He can't work the sidelines, he doesn't have the control. I do like his pace though.

Plus, moving Georgio wide means we weaken the team in the middle, playing 3-5-2. I don't think that switch is the switch we're looking for.

If we're going to stick with this formation, we need to find a dedicated, quality option on the market. Which you know.

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing some of Georgio on the left, if we were going to play some 4-3-3.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
As a wing back? I don't agree with that, bud. I'm not a fan of Georgio's attack, clumsy on the ball, ultimately a ton of misplaced/back passes. He can't work the sidelines, he doesn't have the control. I do like his pace though.

Plus, moving Georgio wide means we weaken the team in the middle, playing 3-5-2. I don't think that switch is the switch we're looking for.

If we're going to stick with this formation, we need to find a dedicated, quality option on the market. Which you know.

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing some of Georgio on the left, if we were going to play some 4-3-3.
Yes this is what I meant, 4-3-3 with Chiellini on the left.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Yes this is what I meant, 4-3-3 with Chiellini on the left.
Ahh, got you. I don't think Conte would start Asamoah in a back four (I haven't seen him play there before).

But I am really hoping that we see some 4-3-3 soon. Loved the way we pressed our opponents out of that formation last season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's a bit like Krasic in respect to his dribbling, he surprised a lot of fullbacks early on, despite not being new to the league, as it is a new role to him. Now they have wised up more.

But still, he's nowhere near as brainless as Krasic, and still gets in some useful balls. Just ignore the fact that crosses in to Vucinic and Giovinco are useless.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
His assist seemed to me more like a misplaced shot, than a good pass.....
Might be worth a replay (for both of us), but I thought it was clearly a pass the 2-3 times I saw it yesterday. It's cut pretty sharp.

It's a bit like Krasic in respect to his dribbling, he surprised a lot of fullbacks early on, despite not being new to the league, as it is a new role to him. Now they have wised up more.

But still, he's nowhere near as brainless as Krasic, and still gets in some useful balls. Just ignore the fact that crosses in to Vucinic and Giovinco are useless.
:tup:

He's got some pace and strength, so occasionally he can overpower an opponent, but yeah, they're wise to him now.

And yeah, crosses into Gio and Vuci - not what we're looking for (although he could use a little more height on many of his crosses, in general).

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
We don't have many options for the LWB position, never a fan of De Ceglie.

I think Asamoah's had good performances, but he seemed very exhausted last night. Became lazy.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You guys think there are LWBs out there that can do more for us offensively than Asamoah has already? He leads Serie A in assists lol.

I hate to break it to you guys but Asa will continue to do that same move because that is how you get crosses in when you are tightly marked. Do you expect LBs to pull Ronaldo moves and cut into the box lol?

He has more acceleration than his opponent so he will always try that move. Zanetti stopped it a couple times because he started it too close to the touchline. Did you see the result at midfield? He took one step and was past that old man. He had to pull him back and take a yellow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)