Kwadwo Asamoah (65 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Are we ever going to see him in his natural position as a central midfielder? I would like to see him there from time to time.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Are we ever going to see him in his natural position as a central midfielder? I would like to see him there from time to time.
So would I. Pogba is still a young kid and even the most talented youngsters are inconsistent. Asamoah could and should be [one of] the solutions when Marchisio or Vidal needs a rest, are injured and so on.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I don't agree with central mid being his natural position. He is quite left-footed and has played in smaller teams where he was one of the most imposing players; so he was played in the middle to be more involved in the game. At Juve there are enough players to cover center mid, some better than him, and I can't think of many left-backs who are as good defensively as Asamoah, definitely none at Juve.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Bottom line is that when he's healthy, he needs to play. Left, middle, all good. Love him.

Also, I see a lot of people complaining that he's trying to dribble his opponents too much. Anybody remember a quote from earlier in the year, where Asa said that Conte had asked him to try and dribble his opponents more? Like Bonucci's long balls, like Giovinco's frequent shots on target, Conte has made requests, and the players are doing what they've been asked to do.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Tjooh, booh.. I would like to see him in midfield, but I think he has done a decent job at lwb.
His play is so annoying and predictable. I know he's done very good at times, but the bad overtakes the good. With him and Licht on the flanks, the team becomes predictable when we attack. There's no balance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)