Kwadwo Asamoah (155 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Destroyed by Zanetti? How so? He had an assist and had another almost assist, was much better than our right flank? Its another thing if you expect him to be Nani, but he was very good last night.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Destroyed by Zanetti? How so? He had an assist and had another almost assist, was much better than our right flank? Its another thing if you expect him to be Nani, but he was very good last night.
Considering that a wing back should provide width and a constant threat when attacking in a team playing 3-5-2, no he wasn't very good. Playing against Zanetti didn't help neither, who had him in his pocket last night, bar the first 18 seconds.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Considering that a wing back should provide width and a constant threat when attacking in a team playing 3-5-2, no he wasn't very good. Playing against Zanetti didn't help neither, who had him in his pocket last night, bar the first 18 seconds.
Where he was offside?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seriously, defending Asamoah is extremely silly, he hasn't provided anything worthy for the past four or five matches he played except a decent defensive performance on the overrated Maggio. In other words HE IS NOT A LWB.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Seriously, defending Asamoah is extremely silly, he hasn't provided anything worthy for the past four or five matches he played except a decent defensive performance on the overrated Maggio. In other words HE IS NOT A LWB.
He's our highest assister this season :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He's our highest assister this season :D
Again, it's because everything goes through our left flank. Imagine if we had a player who's able to put in good crosses regularly instead from at least one side. What we have is 1 defensive midfielder and a right back there.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Again, it's because everything goes through our left flank. Imagine if we had a player who's able to put in good crosses regularly instead from at least one side. What we have is 1 defensive midfielder and a right back there.
I'm just making the point that Asamoah is one of the better performers this season, consistently. I hope we swtich to a 4-3-3 and invest in a LB come January. Then we have awesome cover for the midfield positions, fatigue shouldn't be an issue.

May 22, 2007
I don't remember the "almost assist" but watch how many times the ball went out to him on the left side during the second half and how many times Zanetti knew exactly what he was planning to do. You can't call it a very good game.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I think the problem is that he tries to beat the defender every time. He needs to pass it back to Marchisio and cover for Marchisio; most of the time Marchisio is covering him which I don't like. Other than that he is played at lwb for defensive reasons because Chiellini isn't a proper left back.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Yet. I think he was one of our top performers last night. In the first half in particular, he was our best.

He was one of our top performers just because all the others were mediocre at best.
Asa is a beast defensively but he offers almost nothing in attack as a wing-back.I recall 2 or 3 occasions from last night when we could have done something more if we had a real wing back.And IMO he has become predictable for the opposition backs so they can easily handle him(think about it, he always does the same thing).Clumsy crosses, and ALWAYS the same move in 1vs1.Althought this is not his fault cause he plays out of position...

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I don't remember the "almost assist" but watch how many times the ball went out to him on the left side during the second half and how many times Zanetti knew exactly what he was planning to do. You can't call it a very good game.
:agree:

Zanetti had him in his pocket, I expected a lot better from Awesamoah.

But still we're talking about Zanetti "I never get old".

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He was offside, but that definitely was nice touch collecting the ball, a good burst of pace, and a great pass to Vidal :D

Other than that, not great. Tries that hesitation wide-drive move a lot, often ends with a low cross into a defenders shins.

Thing is, he's still the best we have there at the moment, and other than the fatigue/temporary idiocy on that third goal, he has been pretty solid on the defensive end. Would people prefer to start with DC, Caceres, or Giacch? This guy wasn't bought to play LWB, I highly doubt Conte envisions him there for the long term. Also, as people have mentioned, we really need more out of that right flank, would help in making the attack less predictable. If we're going to keep playing this formation, hopefully Isla is ready to take the rains over there soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 155)