Kwadwo Asamoah (5 Viewers)

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
That post was written about him as a midfielder.

And I don't suppose his midfield play has progressed a great deal in the last couple of years.

As a wingback (or fullback), I think he's done better than anyone could have reasonably expected.
Cause the guy has never been given the chance. Always left LM and LB, we've never really had the chance to see what he can do in his comfort zone. Now it seems the chances are getting even more slim as the seasons progress. Hopefully he's injury free this season to come and Max can play him CM at the training grounds.

- - - Updated - - -

You do remember that he had a very serious injury for the majority of the season, right? :p

Right :D

- - - Updated - - -

Just don't want the guy to leave, and just fear we phase him out, he's a solid guy.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Because he's been better than the other options at LB for both Juve and Ghana. Both coaches feel they have more midfield options than at fullback. So when Kwadwo is back there, we're obviously a much better team than say if De Ceglie is back there, or Padoin, or Molinaro, or Grosso, or Toure, or Caceres playing his off position, or Grygera playing his off position, or... Pepe... I'm pretty sure I remember Simone playing a touch of LB... fuck, what a reign of terror that LB position was for us post-calciopoli -- until Asamoah came along.

The man is a very good defender. I am all about Asa, and I know he's a tremendous midfielder --a better CM than LB -- but the situation is what it is. We have world class written all over our midfield, and few options at LB. Evra was great down the stretch, but we'll see how long he can keep that up for.

It's all about team. Kwadwo does a great job, even if it isn't his preference. He needs to be playing, he's got too much quality for the bench. Service to the team is his priority, as is winning silverware. Also, it will be interesting to see if Allegri might actually move him around a little bit, considering he's finally totally healthy.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
One of the players I rate most.Doesn't matter where he plays.He always gives everything for the team.Very,very good player.I still remember his goal against Napoli in Supercoppa in Beijing.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
One of the players I rate most.Doesn't matter where he plays.He always gives everything for the team.Verey,very good player.I still remember his goal against Napoli in Supercoppa in Beijing.
Man, I forgot about that goal, what a peach it was. Great way to start his Juve career.

Looking forward to seeing this beast again next season.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
If he can manage to defend properly he could be a world class fullback. His technical abilities and instinct is great, and he delivers good crosses too.
I truly hope Allegri can school him into a good fullback, it would be incredible to have an attacking fullback this good.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
HE WAS IN THE FUCKING SERIE A TEAM OF THE SEASON, HOW IS THAT REMOTELY A DISASTER FOR FUCKS SAKE MAN
He doesn't offer enough on the flank going forward to justify playing him out of position there. He's a very good CM and it suits his all round game better playing him there.

I dont have a problem with him having to fill in at LB position for injuries and suspensions of other players but the management should try get him back to playing in his best position.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He doesn't offer enough on the flank going forward to justify playing him out of position there. He's a very good CM and it suits his all round game better playing him there.

I dont have a problem with him having to fill in at LB position for injuries and suspensions of other players but the management should try get him back to playing in his best position.
Getting him back to his natural position would mean him sitting on the bench. He stays at LB for now, then he'll move to the middle as the Pogba replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)