Kwadwo Asamoah (5 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I've always loved Asa, and I always thought that he shgould be the first replacement in case we sell either of Pogba or Vidal. Still think so, a midfield with Asa, Marchisio and Pogba wouldnt be much weaker than PVP IMO, with Khedira and Sturaro on the bench.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I am a big Asamoah fan, but he hasn't played as a central midfielder for three seasons, is completely untested as a centre-mid in a league challenging team and is coming off a very bad injury.

To expect him to come in to our midfield and replace one of the best midfielders in Europe is a huge ask.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I am a big Asamoah fan, but he hasn't played as a central midfielder for three seasons, is completely untested as a centre-mid in a league challenging team and is coming off a very bad injury.

To expect him to come in to our midfield and replace one of the best midfielders in Europe is a huge ask.
But we're getting Draxler mate. It's fine buddy.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004

Exactly I have the same thought as well. Rather have him at LB and get someone else in CM.

Mar 30, 2006
Exactly I have the same thought as well. Rather have him at LB and get someone else in CM.
He made his name as a center mid and has sacrificed a lot for us adopting a new position, he will probably relish a playing in the midfield and if anything he will be even better than he was before, his time on the wing has seen him get batter at going past his man in one on ones and i think he will exploit that on his return to a central midfield position when he would not have been as confident before. I think he will show us his full potential this season. He is 26 and knows what it takes to succeed at Juve and knows the Juve mentality. Players like him, Marchisio, Pogba will allow us to maintain the midfield strength and be the backbone while the new signings integrate.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
He'll be like a new signing in my opinion.

Basically we've replaced Vidal with Asamoah + Khedira

+ Sturaro

- - - Updated - - -

He's played left midfield for Ghana though.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Asamoah is a CM, it was harder to him to settle as a wingback, than it will be to return at his primary spot.
He is not a bad crosser, but he lacks the spexial characteristics of wingbacks, his overall quality and stamina made up for it.
But he cant depend on his athletic qualities forever, he is growong older and he is returning from a very long injury, into a new team practically. With a new system, new coach and new teammates.
Both for him and the new players who must integrate, it is the best moment for such a spot change.
A circle has ended at Juve, we cannot hope that the new boys will be able to make the difference, like Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal did.
The mixt is completely new and the players in every slot might get different roles according to their strengths amd weaknesses.
Pirlo was playing in the hole and Vidal was helping a lot with the defence, covering our weak defensive line.
We may see a lot of distrinution issues amd defensive flopping at the beginning of the season, Having the optiom of Asamaoh to stand in front of tjem certainly helps!

On the other hand, Marotta has been proved incompetent to find a decent Lb, before finding the ageing Evra.
The later canmot play full 90mimutes, in all games and competitions, if Marotta fails once again to get us a starter material Lb, there will be no option that to use Asamaoh as such.

Regardless, hismpresence is required,asap, its anmimportant moment now, as we are building the new age Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)