Kwadwo Asamoah (10 Viewers)

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
“Conte has spent a lot of time explaining things to me since I arrived,” Asamoah stated last autumn. “He’s encouraged me to try and go past my man more in training and he wants me to do the same in matches.”

How many times did he go past his man since last year?

at least the staff acknowledged that the team needs wingbacks/wingers who can beat defenders.

http://www.football-italia.net/40220/are-juventus-missing-midfielder

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That suggests the problem is Asamoah and a lack of confidence, yet watching him he seems mostly intent on coming inside rather than risking losing possession. Except of course when he has a little bit more room or Juve are chasing the game,

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
“Conte has spent a lot of time explaining things to me since I arrived,” Asamoah stated last autumn. “He’s encouraged me to try and go past my man more in training and he wants me to do the same in matches.”

How many times did he go past his man since last year?

at least the staff acknowledged that the team needs wingbacks/wingers who can beat defenders.

http://www.football-italia.net/40220/are-juventus-missing-midfielder

you mean they know as much as the experts here??

Jul 2, 2006
There are not many wingbacks available who can do better job than current ones. Coentrao who is incredibly overrated here has terrible stats. We should get rid of 3-5-2 and start using proper wingers. Then we can forget about buying another CM and use Asamoah there.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That suggests the problem is Asamoah and a lack of confidence, yet watching him he seems mostly intent on coming inside rather than risking losing possession. Except of course when he has a little bit more room or Juve are chasing the game,
Or it very well could be that conte is asking him to do things he is not supposed to do, hence his sub par performances.

As a defensive player..he is doing what he can,, but you can go so far when not playing to your strenghts...and that is Conte´s faut-

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Or it very well could be that conte is asking him to do things he is not supposed to do, hence his sub par performances.

As a defensive player..he is doing what he can,, but you can go so far when not playing to your strenghts...and that is Conte´s faut-
I don't think he's actually a 'defensive' player, not from what I have seen from him at Udinese and with Ghana. He's a good box-to-box midfielder with a touch and shot that adds attacking upside around the area. It's just that being a natural wide player is a different thing, and Asamoah is not one, so he more often than not looks to retain possession than make a headless dribble. That's fine by me up to a point, but because his crossing is largely bad he can't really get away with it as an attacker. You have to do one or the other to be an attacking weapon.

My point was basically that I thought Conte was reining him in and telling him to not go outside very often, but Conte's words suggest the opposite.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thats what i want to say.

I mean that he is defensive not as a defender.. but as a midfielder able to go with the ball , but whos real focus is to box to box and tackle everyone around.

IMO, his real strenght is his presence on the field and his physicality, but also cann help the team going forward when needed, as he is not a Sissocko who was like chiellini, terribad going with the ball. CHiello is kind of ok because he is a defender... but as a midfielder is imperative that you have an accepable level of technique. Thats why i just do not liked sissock at all.

The thing is, he (Asa) is not supper effective when forced to do more offensive oriented duties like dribbling past constantly, or doing pinpoint crosses. Thats when his issues arise, because we are strectching at his capabilities. Conte is forcing him, and we are asking too much for a player who is not playing to his strenghts.

Like you say, im pretty sure he would be an awesome box to box... specially when chasing and closing down incoming opponents.
He is , to me, a box to box midfielder , who his main strenght is his physicality , but has the minimal technique and discipline required to be able to add whats needed when going on the offensive.

Still, i think his main strentght is on defensive duties and Conte is just asking him to do things he is not supposed to.

I even dont mind him playing as a LWB from time to time... cuz there are some situations that could demand it. But not as the first option when looking for goals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)