Kwadwo Asamoah (15 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The only difference is that Lichtsteiner adds something to the attack not to forget that he does not give the ball away as much as Asamoah. Nice try though, I like your attempt.
First off, I do think Licht is a better player as well.

But saying how Chiellini has to cover on the left while leaving out that the exact same thing happens on the right is a bit unfair. That's just how the 3-5-2 works.

As for giving the ball away:
Asamoah has a pass success of 86,4% this season. He was dispossesed once a game so far.
Licht has a pass success of 79,1% this season. He was dispossesed 0,5 times a game so far.
So saying one player gives the ball away more than the other is basically a lie. A lie that suits the Asamoah is no LB party, but still a lie.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Ok, going by Alen's stats of last season:

Asamoah: 3 goals & 7 assists
Lichtsteiner: 4 goals & 2 assists

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion. You don't have to like Asamoah at LB. Many people don't, I do. Simple as that.
There's just really no need to post lies (a bit of a strong word to use here, I know), to back up your opinion.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Stats dont make a valid argument. You can pass the ball to a player 2 meter away from you who scores a 30 meter screamer and gain an assist.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
May I throw something else out there, would Licht be able to push as high as he does sometimes, not track back as quickly, if we didn't have Asa dropping back and allowing him to do it?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Ok, going by Alen's stats of last season:

Asamoah: 3 goals & 7 assists
Lichtsteiner: 4 goals & 2 assists

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion. You don't have to like Asamoah at LB. Many people don't, I do. Simple as that.
There's just really no need to post lies (a bit of a strong word to use here, I know), to back up your opinion.
Check the timing of when Asamoah made those assists.

You'll see that most of them happened in the start of the season, before the other players figured him out, which is not that difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

May I throw something else out there, would Licht be able to push as high as he does sometimes, not track back as quickly, if we didn't have Asa dropping back and allowing him to do it?
Yes, but that takes both ways. Most of the times, we're a threat offensively from the middle or from the right.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Check the timing of when Asamoah made those assists.

You'll see that most of them happened in the start of the season, before the other players figured him out, which is not that difficult.
Aah, the old "they figured him out" argument.

Fair enough. It looks like both our LWB & our RWB (I mean, seriously, 2 assists over an entire season!) have been figured out. Looks like we're in trouble.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's unlikely we'll ever have two barnstorming wing backs, there is not enough balance from our midfield trio.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'd look them up, but it would take me too long. Probably easier to look up those 2 assists Licht made.

It's a simple point though: if Asamoah has been figured out, so has Licht :D
Forget about the assists FFS. Asamoah could have passed to Vidal in an open goal situation and get an assist. Doesn't make him a world beater for that. It only takes someone to actually watch a match to realize how much more Licht offers upfront than Asamoah.

You of all should know this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)