Klaas Jan Huntelaar (6 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Gilardino plzzzzzzzzzzzz come 2 juve den we dont need no iaquinta
del piero nd gilardino upfront world cup heroes and if we can keep him here bojinov/trez if he doesnt leeve we wuld have a perfect attack
now 2 work lon da defence
I prefer Gila to Iaquinta, but NOT at that price!

Dumbest transfer can only be done by the dumbest management :smoke:
:agree: Unfortunately, that's what we have.

Gilardino still hasnt shown his best game at Milan, but to give them a hot prospect and £10 million would be stupid and a rip-off
Precisely!
we are not swapping Palladinho for no-one
The board better not think about it! 8 million and NO swaps max for Gila.

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
I've been waiting to hear something official about this one for a while, I hope we don't have to wait much longer.

Huntelaar is pure class and can score goals in any situation. He surely has superstar potential written all over him, he just needs a team like Juve to give him a shot at a big league. Get it done and we'll have a suitable striking option for years to come, especially with Trez packing his bags.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
My main concern about Hunter is the fact that he went from nowhere to "superstar" in what? Two years? He hasn't proven himself over a long period of time. He might be a bust-or-boom-player.

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
That's why I said he has superstar potential, as opposed to flat out calling him a world-class player.

But I honestly think his goal scoring record at Ajax (and the variety of ways in which he scores them) over the last two years is no fluke. Sure, if you have one 20+ season then yeah.. you've proven nothing. But being the top scorer two years in a row and 30+ goals in one of them, I think you have proven you have a nose for goal. Plus he had two good seasons with SC Heerenveen as well.

The question is whether Serie A is a league in which he can flourish. I think he can. He's got the composure and technique to do well but, maybe more importantly, he has great instincts and movement around the goal. He's the kind of goal scorer that will make quick work out of loose balls and rebounds in the box. That's a great trait when playing with the likes of Neddy.

I know he's still got a long way to go, but I think he'd be a natural fit at the club.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Cunninlynguists, what do you think honestly of Huntelaar as a striker?
Real honestly?
In Holland my favorite club is PSV.
Knowing that Huntelaar is PSV material and plays at Ajax is shit.
But well, he played at AGOVV, as I said before a professional club in the 2nd highest league in Holland.
He scored like hell, but ofcourse nobody actualy really believed he would make it.
Then he played for Heerenveen, a good 1st season, and an incredible 2nd season with 17 goals in 15 games.
After that he went to Ajax and continued with what he was doing best : scoring.
The facts don't lie : 139 games and 97 goals.
That's around 0.7 goals a game, a lot differend then Iaquinta's 0.3 goals a game.
Ajax have often tried to make a play with Huntelaar, and make him more important in the build up. They actually failed with that, so his nickname 'The Hunter' isn't just a made up story. He's a lonely striker that just needs one chance to score. He's a kind of Trezeguet player. Waits for his chance and then strikes really hard. Although he isn't the biggest striker of Europe, he often scores with his head. Also he's very smart, like a striker should be. Knows when to run for a ball and when not.
The only negative thing about him, is that I don't like his attitude. He's great, so when he scores a very important goal, he starts to smile like : ''hehe, I did it again.'' Next to that, he sometimes can over-react, like kicking back at his marker. But I think that when he matures, he can be top class.
I only hope our trainer doesn't fuck him up like Capello did with Ibrahimovic.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
hunter is a consistant scorer and considering our other potential targets its almost essential that we snap him up, pure class finisher, i expect him to turn out just like van nistelrooy

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it's the dutch league.
if buffon was there he would have won the golden boot so don't compare seria a with dutch league plz.

YOU TELL 'EM YOU WISE MAN YOU!

Dutch league sucks ass. It's not like they can develop any one good. Van Nistelrooy, Van Basten, Bergkamp, Davids, Seedorf, Crujif, Stam are proof that the Dutch league produces some of the worst players ever!! I'm glad you showed those fools their place!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)