Klaas Jan Huntelaar (4 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Maybe Iaquinta isn't so bad as a replacement for Zala. I hope we sign a few good players but we need CB's and DM's.
Sorry to disappoint you, but Iaquinta will not be Zala's raplacement in any way and you guys need to face that. Iaquinta is not type of player who will sit on the bench for every game. He will be a starter or the first sub (I hope for the second option)

Buffon decision to stay is my only hope now we gonna make our team better, but with how things are going at the club I'm in doubt.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Honestly, if the following front line is what our board wants for the next campaign, I think we'll have to start lighting matches.

Del Piero - Huntelaar - Iaquinta - Palladino

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
@To fans who defend Huntelaar, comparing Huntelaar's situation to Trezeguet's one when the latter joined us is absolutely inaccurate. When Trezeguet joined us, he wasn't a regular starter, it was Inzaghi. Besides, we had a decent squad those days, the three lines were almost complete. So, it was easy for Trezeguet to shine. I don't mean that he was lucky, but our squad was a world-class one.

Even when we sold Inzaghi and Zidane, we then brought world-class players. Still, our midfield and fullbacks were able to supply Trezeguet with decent balls to score. But now everything is different, Trezeguet is leaving and we've to find another poacher. But not a player who waits for the ball and doesn't share in buildup of attack. We're no longer the team we used to be; Nedved is getting old and may retire this summer, Camoranesi may leave as well, Zambrotta is no longer a Juve player, Almiron maybe the only creative player we can get and our fullbacks (Grygera and Chiellini) are more of defensive ones.

Hence, I think a player like Huntelaar now shouldn't be our imperative target. People compare him to Van Nistelrooy, yes both of them are top finishers but the latter can assist, buildup attacks and is already a world class player. I think we're over-hyping Huntelaar, again just because he maybe the only good realistic forward we're linked to.

Mar 30, 2006
@To fans who defend Huntelaar, comparing Huntelaar's situation to Trezeguet's one when the latter joined us is absolutely inaccurate. When Trezeguet joined us, he wasn't a regular starter, it was Inzaghi. Besides, we had a decent squad those days, the three lines were almost complete. So, it was easy for Trezeguet to shine. I don't mean that he was lucky, but our squad was a world-class one.

Even when we sold Inzaghi and Zidane, we then brought world-class players. Still, our midfield and fullbacks were able to supply Trezeguet with decent balls to score. But now everything is different, Trezeguet is leaving and we've to find another poacher. But not a player who waits for the ball and doesn't share in buildup of attack. We're no longer the team we used to be; Nedved is getting old and may retire this summer, Camoranesi may leave as well, Zambrotta is no longer a Juve player, Almiron maybe the only creative player we can get and our fullbacks (Grygera and Chiellini) are more of defensive ones.

Hence, I think a player like Huntelaar now shouldn't be our imperative target. People compare him to Van Nistelrooy, yes both of them are top finishers but the latter can assist, buildup attacks and is already a world class player. I think we're over-hyping Huntelaar, again just because he maybe the only good realistic forward we're linked to.
Very true but I think we should still buy him. Especially if we already have Iaquinta because he does alot of the stuff u mentioned that our CF should now do.

Huntelaar can fight for his place and I don't think he would struggle that much. Nedved may be old but he is not finished, Del Piero is still great at assisting and making plays, Camo too, Then we have Salihamidzic coming and he is great at getting the ball in the box too and works his socks off.

I think Huntelaar will not have as big an impact as Trez currently has on goals but we would still benifit from having him.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Very true but I think we should still buy him. Especially if we already have Iaquinta because he does alot of the stuff u mentioned that our CF should now do.

Huntelaar can fight for his place and I don't think he would struggle that much. Nedved may be old but he is not finished, Del Piero is still great at assisting and making plays, Camo too, Then we have Salihamidzic coming and he is great at getting the ball in the box too and works his socks off.

I think Huntelaar will not have as big an impact as Trez currently has on goals but we would still benifit from having him.
Why should we buy Huntelaar and there are better options like Diego Milito? Yes, a combination of good forwards who will fight for a starting place would be very beneficial to the squad as a whole. But why we gamble, whereas we can guarantee a top poacher like Diego Milito. He is simply lethal in the box and very effective outside it. While Huntelaar's effectiveness is limited inside the opponent's box.

As for our today's creative abilities, I still rate Nedved as one of the best players in Europe especially after what I've seen of him this season, I'm only afraid he may retire this season. Camoranesi is inconsistent and I don't think Salihamdizic would be our saviour. Yes the latter is a dynamo, but I think we shouldn't depend on him when it comes to creating chances. That's why I prefer a striker who can do more than one job, at least for the upcoming couple of seasons.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Why should we buy Huntelaar and there are better options like Diego Milito? Yes, a combination of good forwards who will fight for a starting place would be very beneficial to the squad as a whole. But why we gamble, whereas we can guarantee a top poacher like Diego Milito. He is simply lethal in the box and very effective outside it. While Huntelaar's effectiveness is limited inside the opponent's box.

As for our today's creative abilities, I still rate Nedved as one of the best players in Europe especially after what I've seen of him this season, I'm only afraid he may retire this season. Camoranesi is inconsistent and I don't think Salihamdizic would be our saviour. Yes the latter is a dynamo, but I think we shouldn't depend on him when it comes to creating chances. That's why I prefer a striker who can do more than one job, at least for the upcoming couple of seasons.
Do you think that milito would fair well in Italy with the tight spaces, close marking and limited chances ? and considering all that will he be able to bang 20+ goals in all competitions ?

I think Huntelaar can.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Do you think that milito would fair well in Italy with the tight spaces, close marking and limited chances ? and considering all that will he be able to bang 20+ goals in all competitions ?

I think Huntelaar can.
I have watched him closely this season, Adnan. And quite frankly, the man has all the abilities to make a big name in Italy. He is strong, moves a lot and a true fighter. Both of him and Huntelaar will be top finishers in Italy, but Milito will open more spaces for his teammates and share more in building attacks.

As for Huntelaar, I'm not against him or anything, but I reckon that Diego Milito would be more beneficial than him now.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Diego's not even tied to us though :confused:
Mark told me that both brothers were linked to us at first. But Diego's rumour has calmed down a lot, while we're still negotiating Gabriel. Anyways, I'm not building hopes at all, I know we won't get Diego. But, I just can't believe that there is such a quality striker out there whom we no longer think about.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Mark told me that both brothers were linked to us at first. But Diego's rumour has calmed down a lot, while we're still negotiating Gabriel. Anyways, I'm not building hopes at all, I know we won't get Diego. But, I just can't believe that there is such a quality striker out there whom we no longer think about.
no need, we've got Iaquinta........:cry: :cry: :cry: :tdown:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
no need, we've got Iaquinta........:cry: :cry: :cry: :tdown:
Oh brother. Iaquinta scored 14 goals in Serie A this year with mediocre support at Udinese. He works hard to win the ball off of opponents once possession is given away which is something we haven't seen in Trezeguet. Iaquinta's capable of playing as a target man, however his finishing is not as good as Trezeguet's.

For some reason, everyone thinks Huntelaar will save Juventus and make an immediate impact on the squad. Here's some food for thought...

Is he proven in Serie A? No

Has he showcased his skills in big competitions like the Champions' League (Hunter's case) or World Cup (Iaquinta's case)? No (Yes to Iaquinta).

I say purchase Huntelaar because he's very young and can adapt to the game over time. However, for the time being Iaquinta might be a better bet to get the job done, or at least moreso than Huntelaar. And I stress "...for the time being...".

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Like I said, we can give Iaquinta Gudjohnson's role at Chelsea. They are similar players, Iaquinta is the Italian version. Effective team player, not as goal machine as Trez but I wouldnt turn Iaquinta down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)