Klaas Jan Huntelaar (3 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Matteo.. said:
Those were some good times, huh.

We should really start forming that BeNe-liga.
I'm still sorry that Benelux thing didn't take off a few decades ago. We could be one nation now... with 4CL berths maybe? :pint:

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #47
    denco said:
    I have no idea whatsover what Van Basten is like as a coach , can you guys feel me in as to what you think of him as a manager? Is he more Michels than Van Gaal? Is he as good or better than his Milan peers Ancelotti, Rijkard,Gullitt , Koeman and Donadoni?Is he negative or positive? As he taken the team forward from 2004 ec?
    He's still forming his managerial style. But, his results speak for themselves. He relies mostly on his tactical knowlege of the game, and selects players that fit into the optimum formation. He knows how to build team spirit (difficult in a dutch squad), but I'm not confident that he can outcoach top level international coaches like Scolari, Hiddink, Arena, or Klinsmann...

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Ian, I am not sure if Klinsmann can be categorised as a top coach as yet. One thing you Dutch guys should ponder is that whenever Germany have hosted a major tournament, Holland have gotten to the final. Its amazing how we often hear there is no place for losers but thats not necessarily true. As the Dutch team that lost in the final to W. Germany are still talked about today. In some ways they are more memorable than the team they lost to. It just goes to show that good football can have its own rewards in history too. I was watching a documentary on Cruyff on espn classic and he claimed that they are talked about more now than they would have been if they actually won the game. In a perverse way , he is actually right

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    denco said:
    Ian, I am not sure if Klinsmann can be categorised as a top coach as yet. One thing you Dutch guys should ponder is that whenever Germany have hosted a major tournament, Holland have gotten to the final. Its amazing how we often hear there is no place for losers but thats not necessarily true. As the Dutch team that lost in the final to W. Germany are still talked about today. In some ways they are more memorable than the team they lost to. It just goes to show that good football can have its own rewards in history too. I was watching a documentary on Cruyff on espn classic and he claimed that they are talked about more now than they would have been if they actually won the game. In a perverse way , he is actually right
    The days of Cruyff are long gone and statistics are meaningless as far as I'm concerned. Twice the Germans hosted something, twice we made it to the final, once we won? Is that the list? It doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in me :undecide:

We Dutch are just not like the English that way. '1988' was great, but it's over 15 years ago. We would never keep telling the story of '1966' the way the English do. There's a humongous cultural difference there

Matteo.. said:
    Feyenoord will recover.
    Oh of course they will, they always do.

One season per decade. Hand in hand kameraden; kampioen Eredivisie 2009 :cheesy:

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
    Erik said:
    The days of Cruyff are long gone and statistics are meaningless as far as I'm concerned. Twice the Germans hosted something, twice we made it to the final, once we won? Is that the list? Oh goodie :lazy:

Oh of course they will, they always do.

One season per decade. Hand in hand kameraden; kampioen Eredivisie 2009 :cheesy:
    :D.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #53
    denco said:
    Maybe Klinsmann isn't top yet, but my point was that a lot of Dutch people act as if Van Basten can out coach anyone. I don't think that he's that good yet, and in the WC, a lot comes down to the coach.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Huntelaar is young and could learn from Trez but if we buy him it could mean Trez gone so...

Heitinga is another Zebina.

Muduro...boh!

you can add Sneijder to the list...I'd take him and let him learn a thing or two from Pavel.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    They are all good, but I don't want to see Italia Ajax. Heitinga is too small, Huntelaar is too young, and Maduro is... mmm... pretty good... There are better options.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

They are all good, but I don't want to see Italia Ajax. Heitinga is too small, Huntelaar is too young, and Maduro is... mmm... pretty good... There are better options.
    Jesus, you are so annoying with this nationality issue. We all want a back-bone of Italian players in Juve but you are really taking this matter into extremes.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    like Mark said, huntelaar ? mybe

maduro and heitinga? hell no, both very average and wouldn't add much to the team

if we're talking about Sneijder ,well now that would be a great buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)