Kingsley Coman (8 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let's sell Rugani, he showed nothing for us.

I mean loan+option to buy
This is what bothers me with the entire summer. Coman specifically I really don't give a shit about. It's the precedent set with the whole summer. Every time a player shows the slightest dissatisfaction or inclination to leave, we're just going to say alright, we shall sell you to the team of your choice? Really?

So now that Rugani is dissatisfied with lack of playing time we shall see him because he doesn't want to be here? Next summer if Morata is 50/50 we will sell him because he isn't fully committed? Pogba suggests he would like a move to Barcelona, we sell him without even trying to keep him?

Most of these things are negotiation tactics in order to gain better contracts, higher salaries, more playing time, etc. Young players like Rugani and Coman want more playing time. More established stars like Vidal and Pogba want better wages. If we have any hope of becoming an elite club, we have to be able to convince these players to stay, make concessions on contracts, have a coach willing to play our young players more in meaningless games... Why the heck wasn't Coman starting for us in meaningless matches at the end of last season? Why isn't Rugani the late game sub when we're up 3-1 against Empoli or 2-0 against Sevilla? Why aren't we willing to break our contract structure for Vidal who was our best player in 13-14 and recovering that form at the end of last season, or at least to give him the lengthy contract extension he desires? Is this going to happen with Pogba? Etc.

Stupid precedents to set. Even the rescinding of contracts. Llorente had a better season than Dzeko last year and yet ManCity sold Dzeko for potentially 18 mil while we gave Llorente away for free... What the fuck is with that?

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I don't think you get the point. Money isn't reason enough to give away a young player that could develop into one of the best in his position. It's not exactly easy for us to buy the top players so we create them.
Coman would have been useful for us this season as a LW. But it is far fetched to say that he has the potential to be one of the best LW. I have watched world class players develop and all of them when they were 19-20 years old were able to show that huge potential. Coman hasn't. He might have a nice stats at Bayern, but if you look closely you will see that it is not his world class ability but the overwhelming attack that Bayern has right now. He is not showing anything world class except speed and one nice assist. His dribble, passing, shooting, finishing, off the ball movement and teamwork are far from world class.

I have watched Messi, Robben, Ronaldo, Del Piero, Aguero, Tevez, Kaka, the real Ronaldo, Seedorf when they were 19-20 years old and they all were showing that world class prospect. Coman is far from it yet.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
But but, it has nothing to do with Allegri:

I think I was right to leave," he said. I don't know whether I would have learned as much by staying at the club. Because for me I wouldn't have played as much and you learn by playing. So if that was the case I wouldn't have exploited my qualities as much.

But I had the impression that, whatever I might do, it wouldn't be possible to win a place in the team and to be [considered] the same standard as other people in the squad. I might be mistaken, I might not be, but that's what I thought.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Allegri is fuking up on all the young dudes. Thats no surprise.

Guys a question....in the Coman case...we can pull him back to us once the loan expires? or our hands are tied and bayern can buy him if they wanted with us having no say on it?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Allegri is fuking up on all the young dudes. Thats no surprise.
If he was coach of Sassuolo he could play all the young players.

Besides, when he was at Milan he brought through De Sciglio, El Shaarawy, Niang, Cristante and Gabriel. So maybe not the best one to throw the old 'Italian stereotype' at. Put any coach at a big club and see how many kids they start to use when the pressure is on to win every single game.

Also, Allegri didn't want Coman to be sold, if we consider his words at the start of the season. Coman did the right thing moving to a team that can win everything with or without him and plays his preferred system, but it's ironic that Coman would have been quite useful for the start of the season at least, when we looked towards the 4-3-3. But then Allegri kept asking for a trequartista...

Coman made a great move and wanted the move, so I don't think about any alternate future with him here, he's finished in my mind as far as Juve are concerned.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
If he was coach of Sassuolo he could play all the young players.

Besides, when he was at Milan he brought through De Sciglio, El Shaarawy, Niang, Cristante and Gabriel. So maybe not the best one to throw the old 'Italian stereotype' at. Put any coach at a big club and see how many kids they start to use when the pressure is on to win every single game.

Also, Allegri didn't want Coman to be sold, if we consider his words at the start of the season. Coman did the right thing moving to a team that can win everything with or without him and plays his preferred system, but it's ironic that Coman would have been quite useful for the start of the season at least, when we looked towards the 4-3-3. But then Allegri kept asking for a trequartista...

Coman made a great move and wanted the move, so I don't think about any alternate future with him here, he's finished in my mind as far as Juve are concerned.
Yeah, Allegri can see when the youngster is ready, he's not your typical stubborn coach.
Coman got his minutes here, he wasn't as effective as in Bayern (understandable, comparing offensive power of both teams) so i don't see why would we used him more. Seems his impatient nature will turn out good for him.

You think too highly of me.
I still believe there is a little bit of Soren left in you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)