Kingsley Coman (14 Viewers)

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Probably some of the worst conditions for him to play. Playing on a potato field with potatoes for teammates.

He got past his man a few times, drew a yellow. Almost had a good shot on goal after beating a defender. He didn't really get the ball enough to give him a real grade. Pretty isolated all match. It's good to see he didn't shy away from contact after a couple hard challenges.
as i said yesterday: imo he was at least partially at fault for being isolated all game. he always got himself into quite central positions where defenders were piling up and didn´t make a lot of runs. obviously the bad passing all around didn´t help him but imo his positioning wasn´t great at all.
yes, the pitch condition was questionable and we had several drunk players around but that was something everyone had to deal with. llorente for example, while obviously not doing exactly well in terms of ball control, gets absolutely slaughtered around here, even though half of the passes he received were absolutely fucked up (partly because of the pitch) and played into him when 2-3 defenders were pretty much sitting on his shoulder.
i have to ask: did i miss something or what do you mean by "almost had a good shot on goal"? are we talking about his pass behind the goal from an impossible angle ^^? anyways, i like the sound of that: "llorente almost did well in controlling all these balls". that´s the way of positive thinking we need in a place like this forum :D.
i fully agree with the last part. he had to deal with some pretty rough challenges and didn´t seem to care at all :tup:.

copied this from the match thread:
he did play in circumstances that dont suit him and with the whole team having an off day. but even in those circumstances he managed to look good when receiving the ball and always finding good solutions after freeing himself up.

sure it wasnt a brilliant performance (like most of the team) and i know he can do better, but i still dont know what was so awful about his todays performance
first of all: no, he wasn´t awful. that´s a silly claim.
but still, saying that he "always found good solutions after freeing himself up" imo is just plain wrong. in the last few days there was a lot of talk about "flair and fancy without having end product" and tbh, i think he came pretty close to that yesterday. i remember several times where he got past 1 or even 2 defenders with ease and then fucked it up. in particular, i remember a cross into no-man's-land early in the first half, his pass behind goal after fooling someone in the box and a pass straight into a defender while pogba was waiting in the middle. furthermore, i remember him trying to dribble in positions he isn´t really supposed to dribble in. one time he lost the ball like 5m from our own box while trying to get past a player, while he could have just passed it wide.
apart from that he obviously showed bilstering pace, great agility and technique and really skinned 1-2 defenders several times. so i would say that, considering the circumstances, he had a decent game and again showed that he is a natural but still quite raw talent.

Llorente played in a system that suited him best according to many with wingers and crosses and he sucked even more than usual. how about that?
i didn´t like him at all but i think when people were talking about "llorente doing well in a system with a lot of crossing" they probably meant real crosses coming somewhere near llorente, not these absolute shit attempts we saw yesterday, mainly from pepe ^^.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
its not. but the majority of our attacks went through the right side, while even the few good runs with the ball he had Llorente (mostly, others too) managed to screw up after Coman passed the ball to him. he wasnt great but there were atleast 3 guys worse than him on the field and he didnt deserve to be subbed off.

Didn't deserve to be subbed off? :lol: He played almost 80 mins and the sub scored a winning goal...

There is no winning with you people.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
i guess his point was that llorente should have come off instead of coman when morata came on.
still, it´s hard to argue with allegri on that because llorente set up the goal :).
but i have to admit that i was quite surprised to see llorente staying on.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
This is why youngsters shouldn't go to Juventus. Pogba is just the exception which confirms the rule.

This kid would be playing twice as much at PSG.

It's really laughable what Allegri is doing.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
This is why youngsters shouldn't go to Juventus. Pogba is just the exception which confirms the rule.

This kid would be playing twice as much at PSG.

It's really laughable what Allegri is doing.
especially when you play the gigantic Llorente week in and week out..

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Disappointed he didn't get longer. It's not like we're resting him ahead of BVB either.

The guy has talent! Gotta be careful we don't do a Pogba on Kingsley here.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I said it at the beginning, this season the fact he's training full time at Juve is enough imo, he's not really desperately needing game time at this stage when he's so raw. Next season is different though. He needs to play regularly, be it here or somewhere else.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Because everybody here is a better coach and assessor of talent than Allegri, who is actually on the pitch for every training session. :andyandbarcelona:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The problem for Coman is that Tevez can play 90 minutes every match. As a coach it is so hard to sub Tevez when you know what he offers.

That leaves Coman behind Morata and Llorente who both have different characteristics (height for one) that make them sort of rotate with each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)