Kingsley Coman (15 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think Coman is a lot more exciting than people realize. I think he is just below what Pogba's potential was.

And when you think about just his pace and how pace tends to destroy Serie A (Cuadrado, Gervinho, Keita, even fucking Cerci looks like Marc Overmars), then well, I'm positive he will see the field for us this season.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 21, 2014
The fact he is free and never really played at professional level can make his signature not that interesting but you got one of the biggest talent in the 96 brackets.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think Coman is a lot more exciting than people realize. I think he is just below what Pogba's potential was.

And when you think about just his pace and how pace tends to destroy Serie A (Cuadrado, Gervinho, Keita, even $#@!ing Cerci looks like Marc Overmars), then well, I'm positive he will see the field for us this season.

Yup. It was about time that we got a straight to the point player, instead of our current "pass to pirlo, wait for pirlo" dudes. IM not saying that pogs and vidal cannot do it... but seems to not be their nature.

We need our players to get off Pirlo´s titties and start making things work on their own. Coman seems to be this kind of player. Giovinco likes to do it himself to, but since he is always deployed so near to defenders, he canot do this oftenly. But hwne he got chances like against Trabsonspor, the guy rocket.

But yes, Im very interested to see how players like Coman and Morata will do. They seems to be the kind of player who can make things happen on their own instead of waiting for a subime assist.

Jun 21, 2014
Also he should really be played CAM even though he has pace it's here were he is best his speed isn't wasted at all here more so that he is really good at dribbling in short space. Well anyway he will be playing pretty soon so you will have a good look of his play but he shouldn't be reduced to pace, he has far more than just that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So who gets credit for the Coman transfer? Is it the Conte bandwagon again or will people actually give Marotta credit?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I think it's pretty clear what the differences are between Conte's wants and our management's wants. I doubt he even knew who Coman was.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think it's pretty clear what the differences are between Conte's wants and our management's wants. I doubt he even knew who Coman was.
Maybe is the same Pogba´s case.

Scouts saw him...Conte was unaware...they presented him the prospect and Conte liked...finally giving the "go" to marotta and start hunting.

im speculating tho..

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008

Scouts saw him...Conte was unaware...they presented him the prospect and Conte liked...finally giving the "go" to marotta and start hunting.

im speculating tho..
I think we bought Pogba first. I mean, you don't need permission from the coach to pluck a super talent like Pogba. There was no need to waste time.

I think Conte was open to giving him a chance to make the team though. Then he saw his talent and of course Conte is a smart coach, Pogba was immediately playing.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008

im speculating tho..
Conte didnt have a clue about Vidal either.

Which player can we really say was a Conte purchase?

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
Im excited to see what he can do in pre season and in the real season too. I think he might need to improve on finishing and decision making from what ive seen, but thats my opinion.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He probably had a hand in the signings from Serie A, being those he knew. Then overseas 'stars' as guidelines or dreams, maybe too much of a dream.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It all depends on how he develops in the first half of the season. If he simply destroys in preseason, then he will be like the first sub coming in. His he continues performin, then he will do a pogba and bench someone.

For now, what i would do, is to use him heavily to see what he can do in different roles. If Allegri is going to use the 4321, the only availale spot as of now is the one that giovinco played today....as i dont see Allegri benching any of tevez,llorente,Pogba,Vidal and Pirlo (at the beggining).

If he is really really good...he can for sure earn that spot early in the season.

But is to early to judge. We need all our players and then se what formation allegri will use.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He probably had a hand in the signings from Serie A, being those he knew. Then overseas 'stars' as guidelines or dreams, maybe too much of a dream.
I agree.

Peluso and Padoin definitely look like Conte's signings, given the fact he had already worked with them.

There's also Ogbonna, Giovinco, Asamoah, Isla, Giaccherini...

Is it a coincidence that most of Marotta's best signings came from overseas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)