Kingsley Coman (29 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
I don't understand people crying about this deal he never simply made it here and 28 millions was a fair price to pay for his potential.

In our team you need to be tactically clever and work your socks off in defense there are no exceptions even Dybala runs himself into the ground defensively. If people are sometimes frustrated by Cuadrados decision making and end product just think back a year and see what Coman did in Serie A, absolutely nothing other that run with his head down into trouble.

I'm not saying he isn't or won't be a great/good player but Serie A wasn't for him. He's in the perfect place now to grow and play his football with not too many defensive limitations on tactical tasks. Even if he somehow fails under Ancelotti which I doubt and they don't use their buying option we should definitely sell him to City or some other PL team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I don't understand people crying about this deal he never simply made it here and 28 millions was a fair price to pay for his potential.

In our team you need to be tactically clever and work your socks off in defense there are no exceptions even Dybala runs himself into the ground defensively. If people are sometimes frustrated by Cuadrados decision making and end product just think back a year and see what Coman did in Serie A, absolutely nothing other that run with his head down into trouble.

I'm not saying he isn't or won't be a great/good player but Serie A wasn't for him. He's in the perfect place now to grow and play his football with not too many defensive limitations on tactical tasks. Even if he somehow fails under Ancelotti which I doubt and they don't use their buying option we should definitely sell him to City or some other PL team.
Again we did not sell him for 28 mio. Bayern paid 7 mio to have an option set at 21 mio running in two years. There is a hugh difference. Basically we got 7 mio for giving away the upside of the kid being worth more then 21 mio.
People like to point out how clueless Real are on the transfer market but when they sold us Morata they made sure they would have a buy back option if the kid fullfilled his potential. Its the exact uppeside of the Coman deal.
We could have made a similar deal as the Morata deal selling Coman with a buyback option. I am sure a lot of teams like Schalke, Leverkusen, Monchengladbach would be glad to make that deal instead we got assfucked hard by Bayern on this one.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Again we did not sell him for 28 mio. Bayern paid 7 mio to have an option set at 21 mio running in two years. There is a hugh difference. Basically we got 7 mio for giving away the upside of the kid being worth more then 21 mio.
People like to point out how clueless Real are on the transfer market but when they sold us Morata they made sure they would have a buy back option if the kid fullfilled his potential. Its the exact uppeside of the Coman deal.
We could have made a similar deal as the Morata deal selling Coman with a buyback option. I am sure a lot of teams like Schalke, Leverkusen, Monchengladbach would be glad to make that deal instead we got assfucked hard by Bayern on this one.
I wouldn't say "Assfucked hard."

He is playing very similarly to the potential we saw here. The difference is in the Bundesliga, he's got tons of room to roam and he's picking his man apart. He wouldn't be able to do that here. Italian clubs may have lower quality but they at least attempt to defend. Bayern has such little respect for their league, they play all-out-attack all match long and just tear the tactically inept Bundesliga clubs apart.

Jun 6, 2015
Again I don't agree on anything you're saying. If they use their option they have paid us 28m it doesn't matter when they pay us that it's still a fair price considering what he did here. Even if we had inserted a buy back clause in his deal it would be worthless as he would definitely want to stay at Bayern like Morata might want to stay with us even if Real use their clause.

I think you are letting your personal preferences and feelings cloud your judgement. I see a deal where we got a price way bigger than the market price of the player at the time.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Again I don't agree on anything you're saying. If they use their option they have paid us 28m it doesn't matter when they pay us that it's still a fair price considering what he did here. Even if we had inserted a buy back clause in his deal it would be worthless as he would definitely want to stay at Bayern like Morata might want to stay with us even if Real use their clause.

I think you are letting your personal preferences and feelings cloud your judgement. I see a deal where we got a price way bigger than the market price of the player at the time.
:tup:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

I think you are lacking a basic understanding of option theory. Yes we will get 28 mio in total if they choose to exercise their option. If they exercise their option that would mean that Comans marketprice is at least 21 mio and it could in theory be 50-60 mio. or even more. If Coman dont succed we will get him back and he will have a marketprice below 21 mio if he is a succes then the most we can gain is 7 mio.
If Bayern gave us 28 mio this summer in a tradional deal then I would be all for it but that would mean that Bayern had the whole risk if the player turned out to be a flop.

gg89

Dec 15, 2015
IMO, if Sterling was worth +60m (overinflated price of course... Shitty), Coman is worth as much. As some point out it was a bad deal on your side, not so much because of the fee, but because it was essentially risk-free for us. If the kid turned out to be not-great we only spent 7m for a 2-yrs rotation option and if turned out great (like he is doing) we are geting a bargain for a super talent ;)

IMO he's the best transfer we've done in quite a while in terms of Value for the dollar. Probably best since Thiago.

Weird transfer on your side.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I wouldn't say "Assfucked hard."

He is playing very similarly to the potential we saw here. The difference is in the Bundesliga, he's got tons of room to roam and he's picking his man apart. He wouldn't be able to do that here. Italian clubs may have lower quality but they at least attempt to defend. Bayern has such little respect for their league, they play all-out-attack all match long and just tear the tactically inept Bundesliga clubs apart.
What are you talking about?. They could play that verys ame attacking football, and this low quality seria A teams would get equally fuked or worse.

Juventus, whixh is head and shoulders the best team in serie A on all lines.... almost got manhandled by bayern.

Now imagine the fuckery that would go on week in wee out against the serie A sides.

Wake up and stop the bias.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
What are you talking about?. They could play that verys ame attacking football, and this low quality seria A teams would get equally fuked or worse.

Juventus, whixh is head and shoulders the best team in serie A on all lines.... almost got manhandled by bayern.

Now imagine the $#@!ery that would go on week in wee out against the serie A sides.

I disagree. Welcome to the internet where people can disagree.

I think Bayern would destroy Serie A but I don't think they'd get the space to destroy clubs 5-1, 5-0, 4-0 like they do so frequently in Bundesliga.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Now imagine the fuckery that would go on week in wee out against the serie A sides.

And Bayern, which is head and shoulders the best Bundesliga's best side got manhandled for the last 30 minutes by Juventus, the team that ended the night with more goalscoring chances.

It works both ways.

Seriously, the whining about Coman is hilarious. He wasn't playing here, he wouldn't be playing here this year. And if you don't recognize that Bundesliga teams play a much more open attacking style which is very helpful for allowing a young player with Coman's specific talents to thrive... well that's your blindness speaking. You're also ignoring the fact he is required to do absolutely no defensive work which is not something that would fly at Juve.

Coman is a "who the fuck cares" kind of deal.

And yes Dolph, 28 mil is what we will get. I don't care who took the risk. It's quite obvious no one was bashing down the door for this kid and sitting on our bench for another year wasn't going to change that. Kid showed nothing last year. Occasional flashes is it. He wasn't worth 50 mil, and wasn't going to be worth 50 mil sitting on our bench. He wasn't even worth 28 mil, hence the reason it was loan with option, an option that will show pure profit on our books in the future.

We got Dybala, who is 10 x the player. Colour me indifferent to the Coman deal.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
And Bayern, which is head and shoulders the best Bundesliga's best side got manhandled for the last 30 minutes by Juventus, the team that ended the night with more goalscoring chances.

It works both ways.

Seriously, the whining about Coman is hilarious. He wasn't playing here, he wouldn't be playing here this year. And if you don't recognize that Bundesliga teams play a much more open attacking style which is very helpful for allowing a young player with Coman's specific talents to thrive... well that's your blindness speaking. You're also ignoring the fact he is required to do absolutely no defensive work which is not something that would fly at Juve.

Coman is a "who the $#@! cares" kind of deal.

And yes Dolph, 28 mil is what we will get. I don't care who took the risk. It's quite obvious no one was bashing down the door for this kid and sitting on our bench for another year wasn't going to change that. Kid showed nothing last year. Occasional flashes is it. He wasn't worth 50 mil, and wasn't going to be worth 50 mil sitting on our bench. He wasn't even worth 28 mil, hence the reason it was loan with option, an option that will show pure profit on our books in the future.

We got Dybala, who is 10 x the player. Colour me indifferent to the Coman deal.
Come on now lets be fair. Coman was 18 last year and he had some good games and some bad, but you could see he had potential.
He did not have to sit on the bench we could loan him to a BL club like Schalke, Leverkusen, Monchengladbach or one of those teams. Let him gain experience and take him back or sell him on after a couple of years. What we should not do is give options on our most promising youngsters without having the chance to take them back. Such a provinsial way to deal.
Risk and reward is what business is all about and in this case we took all the risk with a very little reward, which means we good fucked in this deal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My point is that I, quite frankly, don't care. And it seems our management isn't too fussed about it either.

So let's move on. It's quite irrelevant at this point whether it was a good deal or not.

Jun 6, 2015
Come on now lets be fair. Coman was 18 last year and he had some good games and some bad, but you could see he had potential.
He did not have to sit on the bench we could loan him to a BL club like Schalke, Leverkusen, Monchengladbach or one of those teams. Let him gain experience and take him back or sell him on after a couple of years. What we should not do is give options on our most promising youngsters without having the chance to take them back. Such a provinsial way to deal.
Risk and reward is what business is all about and in this case we took all the risk with a very little reward, which means we good $#@!ed in this deal.
I think we have to just disagree on this. He wasn't seen good enough to be a future starter here so he was sold if we would have considered the player good enough to start for us we wouldn't have sold him.

I doubt he would have approved of a move to a lesser side as he saw himself as a superstar already. He left PSG at an early age because they were not playing him enough in his opinion and the same happened with us. In my opinion he didn't have the Juve DNA and I don't really worry about him too much.

Hopefully he continues to make his mark at Bayern and has a good career but we have enough other talents in our club to not feel hard done by him not being here. Between him and Dybala there is no doubt who is the bigger talent.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
My point is that I, quite frankly, don't care. And it seems our management isn't too fussed about it either.

So let's move on. It's quite irrelevant at this point whether it was a good deal or not.
Since the main topic in this thread is discussing if it was a good deal or not with a lot of people pointing out it was a fantastic deal and that we will register a profit of 28 mio on this great deal, I think it fair to write an opinion on the topic.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
IMO, if Sterling was worth +60m (overinflated price of course... Shitty), Coman is worth as much. As some point out it was a bad deal on your side, not so much because of the fee, but because it was essentially risk-free for us. If the kid turned out to be not-great we only spent 7m for a 2-yrs rotation option and if turned out great (like he is doing) we are geting a bargain for a super talent ;)

IMO he's the best transfer we've done in quite a while in terms of Value for the dollar. Probably best since Thiago.

Weird transfer on your side.
Meh, it's a pretty good transfer for both sides imo.

He wouldn't perform nearly as good for us as he has done for you (different playstyle of team as well as opposition), and it's a good piece of money for an unproven 19 year old.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm not even gonna..........................................................

I was against this transfer from the beginning, and this kid, since he came on for Bayern, was possibly THE deciding factor for them.

19 years old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)