Kiev crisis / Euromaidan (46 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
He's šūdas on a stick, but he's elected šūdas. :shifty:
Sudas ant pagaliuko :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So what are the odds now for a divided Ukraine?
1/5.

More seriously, I think it's quite a big possibility, the things won't calm down this easily. Things like the mayor of Donetsk not accepting the new people shows that the west of Ukraine is against this (which is not that big surprise, considering that west is mainly russians and pro russians), but it just shows that this whole thing is very fragile. I think it will end up ugly with some kind of civil war.

Buy on AliExpress.com

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I don't think there's any serious risk of Ukraine dividing. Surely not for the eastern parts. There's a risk of Russia annexing Crimea or Crimea announcing a fake independence like South Osetia and Abkhazia.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
1/5.

More seriously, I think it's quite a big possibility, the things won't calm down this easily. Things like the mayor of Donetsk not accepting the new people shows that the west of Ukraine is against this (which is not that big surprise, considering that west is mainly russians and pro russians), but it just shows that this whole thing is very fragile. I think it will end up ugly with some kind of civil war.
I don't think there's any serious risk of Ukraine dividing. Surely not for the eastern parts. There's a risk of Russia annexing Crimea or Crimea announcing a fake independence like South Osetia and Abkhazia.
I agree. In any case, this is only the tip of the iceberg for the Ukrainians, an even bigger shit storm is on the way.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
As far as things stand right now I think you are right, but imo the things will escalate, and a possibility of civil war is a real one i think.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Putin asks upper house for approval to use armed forces in Ukraine is Al Jazeera's latest headline. I'm not sure if that applies only to Crimea and eastern Ukraine. This is the second regime Putin has backed that willingly kills its own citizens for protesting. An ominous sign for what's to come in the next few decades as Russia grow more powerful and more wealthy.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I hope Putin gets hit by a meteor together with all Russians who have the fucking soviet imperialistic mentality.

I can't believe they will do this again and probably with 0 consequences.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Before voting on accession, Ukraine demanded from Russia, the USA, France and the United Kingdom a written statement that these powers undertook to extend the security guarantees to Ukraine. Instead security assurances to Ukraine (Ukraine published the documents as guarantees given to Ukraine[5]) were given on 5 December 1994 at a formal ceremony in Budapest (known as the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances[6]), may be summarized as follows: Russia, the UK and the USA undertake to respect Ukraine's borders in accordance with the principles of the 1975 CSCE Final Act, to abstain from the use or threat of force against Ukraine, to support Ukraine where an attempt is made to place pressure on it by economic coercion, and to bring any incident of aggression by a nuclear power before the UN Security Council.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_Ukraine

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Except this time it's Russia who creates roadblocks and the Ukrainian Government didn't even have time to try steamrolling the opposition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)