Kiev crisis / Euromaidan (8 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Dunno about that, I doubt we will see Janukovic in Ukrain or Russia after this, probably will go somewhere further.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Yeah well I'm guessing South America or Cuba, but most of the less known leaders can easly be smuggled into Russia probably.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Ukrainians are probably one of the last nationalities i would want to have conflict with or any dealings whatsoever, this shit that is going on will end very messy for both sides... The president will have to go into hiding for sure after this.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to clean that up.

Any situation where government forces are firing live ammunition against civilians is a messed up one, it's a real shame against Yanukovych and his allies.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
See the thing is, this will end up being another civil conflict where another political faction (regardless of who that is) profits from, only for the average citizen to pay the price in blood and devastation.

This is a politics in its brightest image.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
See the thing is, this will end up being another civil conflict where another political faction (regardless of who that is) profits from, only for the average citizen to pay the price in blood and devastation.

This is a politics in its brightest image.
nicely summarized :)

specially when you put the facts in front of you, all the facts point towards a civil crumbling of Ukraine. the west wants Europe ( even though the western part of Ukraine doesn't have resources to offer i,e no factories and what not because the industrial sector is in the eastern side of Ukraine which is pro Russia and don't want to join the EU. amongst the other facts that need to be considered is the simple fact Ukraine gets gas and oil from Russia for free, and the eastern side of Ukraine has a lot of Russian's making the stakes high specially when you recall what happened to the Russians in other parts of ex soviet nations when the curtain was drawn on the USSR.

with all the above being said, the situation in Ukraine is of great interest to every one here, although the opinions vary. the older generation believes the national broadcasts version of whats going on which is " a group of nationalists are rioting" while the younger generation is looking with great interest as to how the young people over there stood up for there rights. after living through the events of Egypt which are not very far from whats going on in Ukraine, i have to flat out say " the high way of good intentions is filled with bad intentions" i admire and support people demanding for there rights however when its done with naivety..... well guess what there will be people who will jump on it and make the best out of it for themselves and not for the people hence its one of those musical chairs game. regarding the events in Ukraine too its important to consider the threat to the Russians. whether these threats are pure paranoia or have some legitimate reasoning behind them they should be considered in the equation.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Exactly. And again it's so painful to see especially when having so many examples pass by in the last 5 years which either ended really bad or is still going as bad as it gets.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
What threat to russia? Russia are loving this. If civil war happens and Ukraine divides, the east part of it will just become totally de facto russian.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
What threat to russia? Russia are loving this. If civil war happens and Ukraine divides, the east part of it will just become totally de facto russian.
how is Russia loving this raz?? as for the eastern part of Ukraine well i honestly don't know the answer to that ( with regards to it being part of Russia) however i know from the history course i am currently taking that the first Russia was actually started in Kiev ( oleg) and it was actually the first capital of Russia long before there was Moscow ( it was Novgorod and Kiev in the 9th century) and Russia cant reclaim Ukraine... off course the Russians want to control Ukraine i am not naive to think other wise. off course Russia is mingling there because of Ukraine's strategic importance to Russia as a buffer between Russia and the EU its not like the relationship between the two is built on trust. oh and the EU are not in this for the good of the Ukrainians they too stand to gain so both parties the EU and Russia have there own interests and both parties don't care about what the people of Ukraine want.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
how is Russia loving this raz?? as for the eastern part of Ukraine well i honestly don't know the answer to that ( with regards to it being part of Russia) however i know from the history course i am currently taking that the first Russia was actually started in Kiev ( oleg) and it was actually the first capital of Russia long before there was Moscow ( it was Novgorod and Kiev in the 9th century) and Russia cant reclaim Ukraine... off course the Russians want to control Ukraine i am not naive to think other wise. off course Russia is mingling there because of Ukraine's strategic importance to Russia as a buffer between Russia and the EU its not like the relationship between the two is built on trust. oh and the EU are not in this for the good of the Ukrainians they too stand to gain so both parties the EU and Russia have there own interests and both parties don't care about what the people of Ukraine want.
But..but this is the EU and the US you're talking about, ofcourse they only want the good of the world. Their governments care:agree:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I agree about the last part for sure, EU, Russia, USA or whatever are all looking for their own interests and not for the common folks there, but that is not news is it?

As for russia loving this, i just mean that they will not loose much if the country splits, they will instate a total influence in the east of ukraine(which has all the resourses and industry), be it by a puppet leadership or by moving in with army to normalize the situation. It will become like osetia or abhazia or somethin very similar.

Anyway you look at it this won't go down well.

Oh and Kiev Russia was a different thing to the current russia (who are sort of nomads from the east), while those guys were started by vikings :D And novgorod is a totaly different people too, while ukranians are different too. But this has nothing to do with historical claims.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)