Kevin Strootman - MC/DM - AS Roma (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Dont want him at all. Not good enough and he has an extremely annoying face.

Khedira 2.0 just even more injury prone.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Strootman vs nzonzi

acestream://8f73d3255cf14814d2fd754258ba6c0328ba8854

acestream://4cae337ac227b4d38614ff6feb32c03063614a6b

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Strootman vs nzonzi

acestream://8f73d3255cf14814d2fd754258ba6c0328ba8854

acestream://4cae337ac227b4d38614ff6feb32c03063614a6b

I take it no-one is watching this duel then? :disagree:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
They both looked decent from the half an hour I saw. But reading the match report nzonzi did a last ditch tackle in the penalty area to deprive Roma a great opportunity for a goal. Meh, I'd still take nzonzi over this Dutch khedira anyday.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
What is his injury history exactly? Did both his knees once each? He had a pretty good comeback this year. His injuries aside, he would be an incredible addition.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Roma have announced Kevin Strootman’s latest knee surgery ‘went well’.

The midfielder is having a third operation on the troublesome joint, this time to have his cruciate ligament rebuilt, after initially rupturing it in a match against Napoli in March 2014.

The Dutch international then returned to training and playing, but made just six Serie A appearances before he was forced to have another operation for Cyclops Syndrome.

This morning it was confirmed that he will be out for several months while he recovers from another surgery.

“Kevin Strootman today underwent reconstructive ACL [anterior cruciate ligament] surgery on his left knee,” the Giallorossi confirmed in a statement.

“The operation went well and the midfielder will now continue with his rehabilitation program.”

- - - Updated - - -

Roma will be without Kevin Strootman for at least a month, as the Dutch midfielder once again requires knee surgery.

Strootman has been struck down by so-called ‘Cyclops Syndrome’, which is associated with people who have undergone cruciate ligament reconstruction.

The condition causes a progressive loss of mobility in the knee, with pain and an audible noise if the knee is fully extended, which is caused by tissue over-replicating during the healing process, leading to swelling.

In a statement on their official website, the Giallorossi confirmed that Strootman will undergo surgery in Amsterdam tomorrow.

“Yesterday Strootman had another meeting with professors Kierhoffs and Van Dijk, who operated on him.

“During the visit he was found to have a mass of fibrous tissue (called Cyclops Syndrome), and it was suggested this be removed through arthroscopy.

“The surgery will be performed in Amsterdam tomorrow, and will also be used to evaluate the status of the [cruciate] ligament.”

The surgery is expected to sideline Strootman for at least a month, and possibly longer if there is further damage to the cruciate ligament.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
If we get him then this whole mercato makes 0 sense. It's not that he is a bad player, but we bought wingers to play 4-2-3-1. With Strootman we would have 7 CMs for 2 positions. If we switch to a 3-man midfield we would have excess attacking players.

I think the rumors are BS..

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
TBH if he is just squad depth signing its not the end of world. He wont play enough mins to get injured. And we even managed to play Khedira full season without getting injured.

On the basis of it, from Lemina, Rincon, Sturaro to Matuidi, Bentancur, Strootman is not bad at all.

* I know Sturaro is still here but he clearly isnt going to get much game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)