Kenan Yıldız (65 Viewers)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Capello once used tridente of Del Piero, Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic.

Does Mister have same balls from 2015 to try new things or his balls dried out over the years?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Capello once used tridente of Del Piero, Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic.

Does Mister have same balls from 2015 to try new things or his balls dried out over the years?
Best I can offer is: Polak; Danilo, Gatti, Bremer, AS/Rugani; McKennie, Loca, Rabiot; tridente

But i really don't think much would change if we play 343, 433 or whatever if we have no link between defenders and attackers. Our setup is very rigid where the parts are isolated. We can't even go on counters because our attackers are too slow and alone to make something happen from a high ball against 4-5 defenders. Usually one of them is sitting a bit deeper too so it's basically one against all. A trident of ADP, Trez and Ibra could create on their own regardless if it is a ball towards row Z or not. They could latch on and create. Milik is the closest one to be able to do so but he would be the backup for the rotational players back in the days.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yep, Capello had Ale on bench that season, or playing him as a winger in 442. Did the same thing with Mutu lol.
y, remember that 442 set-up and how I hated it given the strikeforce that we had in the team - DP, Trez, young Ibra, Mutu, Miccoli, Zalayeta. but Capello'd rather play strikers as wingers rather than move away from 2 banks of 4

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Yes? Mandzukic was used on the wing for his work rate on defense, not for his dribbling skills. While Alves and Cuadrado are right backs. You're proving my point here..
Mandzukic was dominating the flank over opposition's full-back. Just look at the two goals he scored against Real in Madrid. Also, had a great run against Barca and assisted in Dybala's second goal. Just from top of my head as these were remarkable games. In general, saying that Mandzukic was placed there only for his defensive input while being a liability in attacking phase is a nonsense.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The audacity to try something like that, even if it's in training - I love his confidence.

Aside from Chiesa and possibly Fagioli, he's the only player on the team that excites me. The others are just bland and boring. Maybe, maybe if Vlahovic gets his shit together, he can be as exciting as Yildiz and Chiesa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 36)