Kaio Jorge - ST - Santos (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2021
So, I'm new in the forum, but know a little of this player.

I notice him last year. He was in Santos team that won against the major rival of my team here on Brazil in the quarterfinals of the continental cup. He played very well in both matches and looks really good.

But he is not the case of stunning new talent. He looks like more a young with potencial that is more know in the region that he plays that in all the country. It is not necessary a bad thing, one good example of player that left Brazil in this way was Douglas Costa and end being a great player.

The Santos' Team was really bad last year, but had some skillfull players that made possible to it went until the final of the major continental cup, and he was one of the reasons.

I feel for the matches of him that I watch that he can be a good player, but he need polish a bit. Probably he is not a game change in this season, but looks like can become better.

Jul 28, 2021
But just to be clear, he don't play as him. Here in Brazil he was used more as a central forward. But I could see he change his position in Juventus too. Just the way that he left, being a player with potential more know in one region of the country and with some polish can become great, is similar to Douglas Costa. And honestly, last good brazilian players, with some exceptions as Neymar, in europe left in this way.

If I would choose 5 brazilian players in Brazil right now to buy, he probably would be one of them. What doesn't mean that he will be a amazing player, but sounds for the price as a excellent bet.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I wonder which one of our feeder teams (side kicks) is likely to get him: Sassuolo, Udinese or Genoa. Or perhaps he is going to partner Felix Correia in Serie C.

Wish our younger players are allowed to play more often for the senior team. So frustrating.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Good article on Jorge here. Very complimentary about his hold up play, off ball movement, and work rate...things that dont really show up in the box score. Personally, I’d be intrigued about how he’d do as a CAM.

https://theathletic.com/2735423/202...battling-it-out-over-santos-19-year-old-star/

Among strikers playing in the Brazilian Serie A this season, StatsBomb data places Kaio in the 94th percentile for pressure regains with 3.37 per 90 minutes. It’s one of the reasons (imperfect) parallels have been made with Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino. There are shades of Lautaro Martinez, too. The appeal to teams who like to hustle is obvious.

Rather than follow in his father’s footsteps to Chaves, you get the feeling it won’t be long before his boy Kaio is playing in the Champions League.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021
Good article on Jorge here. Very complimentary about his hold up play, off ball movement, and work rate...things that dont really show up in the box score. Personally, I’d be intrigued about how he’d do as a CAM.

https://theathletic.com/2735423/202...battling-it-out-over-santos-19-year-old-star/

Among strikers playing in the Brazilian Serie A this season, StatsBomb data places Kaio in the 94th percentile for pressure regains with 3.37 per 90 minutes. It’s one of the reasons (imperfect) parallels have been made with Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino. There are shades of Lautaro Martinez, too. The appeal to teams who like to hustle is obvious.

Rather than follow in his father’s footsteps to Chaves, you get the feeling it won’t be long before his boy Kaio is playing in the Champions League.
I have to say that as how he play I imagine that after going to europe he would become more left/right inside winger...maybe similar what happens with mandzukic in Juventus, BUT the comparation with Firmino makes a lot of sense. He really looks like him in the style of play.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Don’t really understand the negativity around this transfer. Young talent from South America that has been a performer in his age range. Good 60-70 first team appearances in his name at his nations highest league. Arriving on a free/minimal cost and will be a bench option training with Ronaldo, Dybala and Morata…

If he’s shit after 2 years we will sell him to a mid tier club for around the cost we’ve invested in him… we need to take more of these risks. We constantly miss out on young players despite having interest in them. Upside to this transfer could be significant, even if he’s half decent Brazilian attackers cost a fortune

Jul 28, 2021
Don’t really understand the negativity around this transfer. Young talent from South America that has been a performer in his age range. Good 60-70 first team appearances in his name at his nations highest league. Arriving on a free/minimal cost and will be a bench option training with Ronaldo, Dybala and Morata…

If he’s shit after 2 years we will sell him to a mid tier club for around the cost we’ve invested in him… we need to take more of these risks. We constantly miss out on young players despite having interest in them. Upside to this transfer could be significant, even if he’s half decent Brazilian attackers cost a fortune
It is not a bad transfer at all if you don't see this as a major one.

And thanks Santos be a bad team keeping it stars, Juventus is buying a player that would cost 20~30 mi euros by less than one third. Santos always sells well its players when didn't forget to renew as this case.

And he did more in Brazil then players as Rodrygo or Vinicius Jr

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Typical Brazilian who knows how to do "elastico" better than scoring goals. I'd not count him being main striker for any club ever. These guys just like to juggle with the ball more often than get rid of it for a goal.

Gonna be second fill to nobody.
he plays in the middle of the box, Ronaldo does not want to play in that position, kulu doesn't answer for that position, and Morata does not score enough in that position. This has been the main problem for Juve in the last couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

Lul at people who think Youtube videos mean anything in scouting, transfers and football in general.
these videos are often deceiving about players' skills. I remember some videos making Paqueta' and Gabigol look like Garrincha and Pele.

- - - Updated - - -

the dude has few months on his contract, already agreed personal terms with Juve, and we will negotiate the transfer fee to make it 0,2M less for a month now.

That's how a poor club rolls
he may move to Juve before the expiration of his contract, so that Santos can be somehow indemnified.

Jul 28, 2021
So is there any reason why Santos wouldn’t just accept the 2M or whatever juve is offering? If it’s that or nothing, seems pretty obvious, especially since they need the money.
It is not probably, but possible. Somethings that can happen, but probably will not because Santos really needs money:

1. Put Jorge until the end of the contract training with sub 15/18/something worst and wait the contract ends to punish him and send a messenge for other youngs. It is not impossible.

2. I heard some discussion about have a clausure of extention of his contract. Looks like is shady if it is legitim or not, because there is some legal discussion here in Brazil about it in younger players. But as officially Santos not talked about it, it is very likely be fake news. Even if is real, would start a legal disput and apparently all this kind of legal discussions end with agreement and money.

But yes, it is really difficult Santos not accept. If Juventus borrow some players as Benfica promisse, probably they would be happy besides not confirm this in public. They are in a really bad financial situation, besides have a amazing way of find wonder kids to sell and survive. Probably it is Pelé's Bless.

Jun 16, 2020

gds's juve guy reports that we offered 1.5m, and either santos takes it now or we'll wait until january. the player already signed a pre-contract.

same news recycled over and over, with slightly different numbers.
Let’s see what happens with Locatelli, but it seems like were not paying a penny to much anymore for new players.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I have to say that as how he play I imagine that after going to europe he would become more left/right inside winger...maybe similar what happens with mandzukic in Juventus, BUT the comparation with Firmino makes a lot of sense. He really looks like him in the style of play.
I also agree. I think he will have Mandzukic role for us. Last time Allegri with us, we have Mandz and Ronaldo. Morata is different from Mandzukic so having Kaio Jorge as alternatives in attack is interesting. He will also become CF if Ronaldo still prefer to play as LW but the goal scoring will be executed more by Ronaldo

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #80
    So, I'm new in the forum, but know a little of this player.

I notice him last year. He was in Santos team that won against the major rival of my team here on Brazil in the quarterfinals of the continental cup. He played very well in both matches and looks really good.

But he is not the case of stunning new talent. He looks like more a young with potencial that is more know in the region that he plays that in all the country. It is not necessary a bad thing, one good example of player that left Brazil in this way was Douglas Costa and end being a great player.

The Santos' Team was really bad last year, but had some skillfull players that made possible to it went until the final of the major continental cup, and he was one of the reasons.

I feel for the matches of him that I watch that he can be a good player, but he need polish a bit. Probably he is not a game change in this season, but looks like can become better.
    Opinion on Gabriel Veron? I really liked him the few minutes I saw him play.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)