Juventuz Bar Thread (5 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Went to a family barbeque on saturday where the men decided to hold a little beer quiz. Nine types of beer served and you had to guess which brand it was.

I didn't play though. Was happy with my Italian wine.

Everyone sucked. My dad finished with -5 points :howler:

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
that seems a really intresting competition i should try it out with my friends sometime.. the only prob is that you need to leave some time before drinking diferent beers because you will most prob not notice the difference

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Went to a family barbeque on saturday where the men decided to hold a little beer quiz. Nine types of beer served and you had to guess which brand it was.

I didn't play though. Was happy with my Italian wine.

Everyone sucked. My dad finished with -5 points :howler:
all I can say is I aced the Pepsi challenge :D

venom

Oct 22, 2003
How would I like to take that type of competition (currently wouldn't mind about the result) as I have some experience on different types of beers:rolleyes:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
I don't know how you tell them apart. Beer is beer to me.
It is. They also had to fill out what they thought about the taste and my cousin is a complete Grolsch fan so he had his form handed in: beer #1 he guessed was Heineken and he said it was "fucking awful"

Beer #1 was Grolsch :howler:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
It is. They also had to fill out what they thought about the taste and my cousin is a complete Grolsch fan so he had his form handed in: beer #1 he guessed was Heineken and he said it was "fucking awful"

Beer #1 was Grolsch :howler:
:howler:

to be fair, how nice a pint is depends more on the glass, the pumps etc than the brand. A flat Kronenborg will taste worse than a decent pint of even Carlsberg export, so sometimes its hard to tell.

I'd personally just fear for the person who got Guiness wrong :D

Anyhoo recently I've just started drinking snakebites again, any recommendations as to the best lager to use in cohorts with Strongbow?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
a snakebite sounds like a drink called Diesel here.

it is half lager, half cider and topped off with blackcurrent! its amasing!!!!my fave drink but expensive!

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
No, that's snakebite and black ;)

And yeah it's quite nice, though leaves you looking like you have lipstick on. Some people put double vodka or aftershock in there also. (well not with the blackcurrent)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)