Juventuz Awards 2012 polls closed - winners announced (5 Viewers)

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #63
    I feel like Gaddafi with all these medals.

Wait, why isn't there a color for "funniest member"?
    Your avatar sure is fitting :D

Doing 2008 now although I couldn't find most helpful, female and guru from that year. Were those awarded back then?

- - - Updated - - -

the new medals look awesome. And you should add the year they won the award..
    Thanks :) Ah yes I did that at first but since we have 10 awards for each year it was a pain in the arse setting up all the awards. Maybe if I get bored I'll do it again :p

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #66
    Congrat's to the winners.

Though the badges do seem a bit lame.
    Sour grapes doesn't fit you ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you find the polls?
    Up to 2008 they've all been in Polls:

http://forum.juventuz.org/forums/24-Polls/

I have found some award discussion threads earlier that that but no poll results.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Sour grapes doesn't fit you ;)
    Nah it's not that :D

I'm happy and think most are deserved, except the female award.

Just my opinion, that these things on the internet is kind of lame, to me even in RL when someone puts a these kind of things on display seems meh.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
    Nah it's not that :D

I'm happy and think most are deserved, except the female award.

Just my opinion, that these things on the internet is kind of lame, to me even in RL when someone puts a these kind of things on display seems meh.
    The medals do indeed buck up the view.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #71
    @JCK: Found some in the Hangout, Moderator's spot, Off Topic. Like I said I can't find any actual results. So I'll stop there, awards handed out for the past 5 years should be enough. :)

@Raz @Goodfella: Well we've had yearly awards for so many years now. The only difference now is that they're shown. What's the point of having awards if they're not shown? People will forget about the winners after a week.

- - - Updated - - -

The same, they could leave the award thing, but loose the badges. The view with them is too busy for me.
    You could say the same about the balls, usertitle, reputation and avatar then ;)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    You could say the same about the balls, usertitle, reputation and avatar then ;)
    There has to be a limit somewhere though ;)

It doesn't bother me that much, I just prefer minimalistic view, that's all.

Good point about the awards, but maybe some sort of trophy board would be better?

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #73
    There has to be a limit somewhere though ;)

It doesn't bother me that much, I just prefer minimalistic view, that's all.

Good point about the awards, but maybe some sort of trophy board would be better?
    I see what you mean but I think some sort of display in the postbit is necessary, I've made the medals pretty small.

I removed the "number of awards" text just now though.

About the trophy board there is one now:

http://forum.juventuz.org/awards.php?#award4

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Cool, that's exactly what I was talking about the board, if only my country goverment would be so willing to listen :D

One more suggestion about the board, I think names of the winners should be bigger or the medals smaller, it's kind of akward now :) and maybe add how many times they have won?

:tup:

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #77
    Cool, that's exactly what I was talking about the board, if only my country goverment would be so willing to listen :D

One more suggestion about the board, I think names of the winners should be bigger or the medals smaller, it's kind of akward now :) and maybe add how many times they have won?

:tup:
    Increased size of the winners just now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)