juventuz against racism (5 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

I thought I would live my entire life without ever seeing that statement made.

Besides, bro, you lived in Salerno. Bit of a difference (lucky for you).
Salerno's a great city IMO. I wouldn't know of course, but I guess living in Salerno is easier than living in Naples. Salerno's chaotic, but Naples just.. well, we all know what Naples is :).

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Salerno's a great city IMO. I wouldn't know of course, but I guess living in Salerno is easier than living in Naples. Salerno's chaotic, but Naples just.. well, we all know what Naples is :).
Congratulations Seven, every word you posted there is true. In my opinion. Cheers.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Im sorry! what kinda job are you applying for?

I remember you asking me one day if I had dyed my hair blonde. I did! its kinda dark blondeish brownish but Im in the process of making it lighter
It's an internationally orientated job where I could use my language skills and knowledge of different western european cultures.

When did I ask about the hair? :D

I thought I would live my entire life without ever seeing that statement made.

Besides, bro, you lived in Salerno. Bit of a difference (lucky for you).
Are you kidding? In Salerno, I couldn't walk the streets without people giving me foul looks or people shouting from passing cars "CAZZO RUSSO VAFANCULO". Salerno is a sorry excuse for a civilised town where I only stayed because my friends lived there but everytime I could, I got on a train to Naples so I could spend a day without being discriminated against. At least nobody gave me a second look in Naples and I never had a negative experience there.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Interesting, Erik. I think of Naples as a dirty crap-hole of a port that only looks good from the bay, as you are leaving (it actually is quite spectacular looking at Napoli from the back of the boat). The people are very nice, but I never would have expected you to have a great experience in old Napoli.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Interesting, Erik. I think of Naples as a dirty crap-hole of a port that only looks good from the bay, as you are leaving (it actually is quite spectacular looking at Napoli from the back of the boat). The people are very nice, but I never would have expected you to have a great experience in old Napoli.
Naples is one of my favourite all-time Italian cities in a list that looks like this:
1. Firenze
2. Napoli
3. Roma
4. Siena
5. Genova

That's not including towns such as Assisi and Positano of course.

Naples has a lot to offer, Salerno is a boring, racist, shit-hole.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Firstly; let me state that not ALL Salernitani treated me that way but it was hard to ignore given how the rotten few did consistently treat me and it pissed me off.

Secondly; I've been told (by a Salernitano) that these frustrations come out of the fact that in the latter half of the '90s, many Russian and Polish immigrants came to Salerno, willing to work for an insanely low wage of 2 euros per hour. Needless to say this caused unemployment amongst the local youth to increase, causing poverty to become even worse in an already struggling city.

But I came there to study for six months and learn more about the Italian culture and language.

Perhaps what stings me the most is that they naturally assumed I'm Russian and there to take their jobs simply because I'm blond. Ignorant ********

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Naples is one of my favourite all-time Italian cities in a list that looks like this:
1. Firenze
2. Napoli
3. Roma
4. Siena
5. Genova
How can you have a list of fav places in italy that doesnt include Reggio Calabria.... unbelievable :)

Genova should be higher too
Napoli, I agree with Robert

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

I haven't been there yet :embarass:
Its only 3 hours from salerno and you can take in messina at the same time... or possibbly stay abit longer and take a trip to palermo

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
What does CAZZO RUSSO VAFANCULO mean?
:LOL:

Sounds like the kind of thing you'd say to a Russian filled with references to male anatomy (the first word) and pretty much the Italian equivalent of the F-word (the last), which pretty much means to bend over for it.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
What does CAZZO RUSSO VAFANCULO mean?
Fucking Russian up yours

++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Its only 3 hours from salerno and you can take in messina at the same time... or possibbly stay abit longer and take a trip to palermo
Don't worry, I'll be making a grand Italian tour next summer, starting in Sardegna and going up via Sicilia, Reggio and all the other regions.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Erik, if you ever visit Reggio Calabria, try not to act like a Russian Prick. Go F* yourself.

Just some advice I picked up in Salerno :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Are you kidding? In Salerno, I couldn't walk the streets without people giving me foul looks or people shouting from passing cars "CAZZO RUSSO VAFANCULO". Salerno is a sorry excuse for a civilised town where I only stayed because my friends lived there but everytime I could, I got on a train to Naples so I could spend a day without being discriminated against. At least nobody gave me a second look in Naples and I never had a negative experience there.
We (our family) have never had any sort of problem in Salerno and we've been there quite a few times. That said, my dad does look very Italian and perhaps we look a bit south-european as well. Now in Naples I have had "trouble". But that was more liking some young guys calling you names. That happens to me in Antwerp as well :D.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002

I will dye my hair ;)
That would be a good start. Then tell the Salernitans that you are actually Dutch and in the city to view a site where your company is planning to build a massive assembly plant requiring 20 thousand workers. But then, the people of Napoli seem a bit nicer.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Fucking Russian up yours

Don't worry, I'll be making a grand Italian tour next summer, starting in Sardegna and going up via Sicilia, Reggio and all the other regions.
Sardegna's not that great IMO. It's nice to be there for a couple of times, but I got bored with the landscape after a few days. Sicilia on the other hand is awesome. Palermo's one of my favourite cities as well. Last year the entire city was pink due to Palermo's promotion :).

As for your list of favourites, I don't think you should put them in order. IMO they differ too much.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
That's very true and the list continuously changes depending on my mood!

Pado - The people of Napoli gave me their phone numers, wanted to make friendship and welcomed me in their lives. It's the difference between day and night as far as I'm concerned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)